Trying to prepare for MCATS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ericK14

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've decided to not take the acceptance to the PharmD program and I have decided to pursue a career as an MD. I want to take a chance in something I believe I'll be more passionate about. I want to take a chance and give it my all and not regret something in the future. I want to say that I've tried. I'm currently a second year in my second spring semester. But I want to start preparing for the MCATS now, and I was wondering if there any books any one would recommended, any advice on studying, any tips, just anything that could help me out.

I appreciate it thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

For one there's no 's' it's just MCAT.
For two, it's a little hard to comment on study materials because no one has had success with certain study materials.
For the previous MCAT ExamKrackers was my favorite. Brought me up 3 points.
I really disliked Kaplan. I felt too bogged down in the details.

Edit: Wait you said you want to pursue a MD? You do realize you're in a DO forum right?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
So I've decided to not take the acceptance to the PharmD program and I have decided to pursue a career as an MD. I want to take a chance in something I believe I'll be more passionate about. I want to take a chance and give it my all and not regret something in the future. I want to say that I've tried. I'm currently a second year in my second spring semester. But I want to start preparing for the MCATS now, and I was wondering if there any books any one would recommended, any advice on studying, any tips, just anything that could help me out.

I appreciate it thank you.

Right now is a bad time because the MCAT is changing.

Everyone really liked the SN2 study schedule that used The Berkley Review books.

You might want to go into the MCAT section and ask those guys how they're preparing for the new test.

For one there's no 's' it's just MCAT.
For two, it's a little hard to comment on study materials because no one has had success with certain study materials.
For the previous MCAT ExamKrackers was my favorite. Brought me up 3 points.
I really disliked Kaplan. I felt too bogged down in the details.

Edit: Wait you said you want to pursue a MD? You do realize you're in a DO forum right?

I honestly didn't realize that -_-. I'm still new with SDN esp. on the app.

Members don't see this ad :)
Right now is a bad time because the MCAT is changing.

Everyone really liked the SN2 study schedule that used The Berkley Review books.

You might want to go into the MCAT section and ask those guys how they're preparing for the new test.

Thank you. Like I mentioned to someone else here, still new to this, so I do apologize for posting it here.

Reactions: 1 user
Study hard but be careful not to get burned out. I did 3 months and the last week I was so burned out I didn't study at all, probably why I did worse than expected. Good luck!

Study hard but be careful not to get burned out. I did 3 months and the last week I was so burned out I didn't study at all, probably why I did worse than expected. Good luck!

Thank you for the confidence booster. I appreciate it.

I made a new trend on the MCAT forum, I don't know how to delete or move this trend to the MCAT one on the app.

I already moved it for you so just remove all the content off the new thread you just made. replace the content with a "." and that should be fine.