TS calculation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

finwon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do I calculate the total score? do I just take the mean average of all 6 subjects (bio, genchem, ochem, RC, QR and PAT), of 4 (NS, RC, QR and PAT), or of 2 (AA, PAT)?
My scores from Kaplan Midterm was

AA 19.7
Nat Sci 19.2
Bio 18
Gen Chem 19
Org Chem 21
RC 19
QR 21
PAT 22

How can I calculate TS from these numbers?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

How do I calculate the total score? do I just take the mean average of all 6 subjects (bio, genchem, ochem, RC, QR and PAT), of 4 (NS, RC, QR and PAT), or of 2 (AA, PAT)?
My scores from Kaplan Midterm was

AA 19.7
Nat Sci 19.2
Bio 18
Gen Chem 19
Org Chem 21
RC 19
QR 21
PAT 22

How can I calculate TS from these numbers?:confused:

You TS score is Nat Sci. Score!

Ya I think he means Kaplan's total score which he abbreviated TS. Kaplan just averages PAT and AA together to get your 'total score'. This doesn't appear on the real DAT. Also, the science score on the real thing is NOT the average of the three sciences. And finally, the AA is the average of 5 scores - bio, orgo, gen chem, QR, and RC. With Kaplan, they average Natural Science, QR, and RC.

Members don't see this ad :)
question:

I got:
Bio-19
Gchem- 18
Ochem-19

but my TS is 18. Can anyone tell me why?

Total science score is calculated based on how many questions you answered correct against 100 questions. They are not the average of the three score.

So bumping this up from the dead... I'm purely curious here, and this doesn't really matter, but... you're TS is (100 - #science wrong)/100 x 30?

For example, on my DAT Bootcamp Practice Exam, I got 5/40 wrong on Bio, 9/30 wrong on Gen Chem, and 3/30 wrong on Orgo... would my TS be 83/100 x 30 = 24.9? That seems a little too high, so I'm pretty sure I'm wrong.

Last edited:
So bumping this up from the dead... I'm purely curious here, and this doesn't really matter, but... you're TS is (100 - #science wrong)/100 x 30?

For example, on my DAT Bootcamp Practice Exam, I got 5/40 wrong on Bio, 9/30 wrong on Gen Chem, and 3/30 wrong on Orgo... would my TS be 83/100 x 30 = 24.9? That seems a little too high, so I'm pretty sure I'm wrong.
Your TS is scored based out of a 100 questions on its own conversion scale. For example, an 83/100 on the 2007 DAT conversion scale would be a 20 TS.

Reactions: 1 user
Your TS is scored based out of a 100 questions on its own conversion scale. For example, an 83/100 on the 2007 DAT conversion scale would be a 20 TS.

Gotcha! That makes more sense... I got a 23 on the Bio, 20 on GC and 24 on OC, so I was having a hard time understand why it'd be a 24.9 haha... Thanks!