TUCOM-CA Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any news? Does anyone know if there's been any waitlist movement?

Members don't see this ad.

Any news? Does anyone know if there's been any waitlist movement?
It is awfully quiet around here isn't it JonnyK, and it seems like it's only you, me and my other HWL buddy Guydudcl371 on this TUCOM-CA HighWaitlist.

Hard to believe the only WL movement here thusfar has been Nevertooold, especially since it sounds like (from some of the other posts) that TUCOM-CA never left Phase 1??

However, last interview was two weeks ago so it may be another two weeks until we hear anything again....

I applied for entry to the 2016 class, but no interview; however, I was invited to apply to the school's accelerated MPH program. Has any recently accepted student gone through that program? If so please let me know if I can send you a PM to get some insight into it. Thank you very much!

I know of two. Be aware that being in the accelerated MPH does not give you much academic preference over the average applicant per se, but it does give you a chance to meet and make relationships with faculty and students.

Saying that, I know of a few mph students who got rejected/waitlisted because of a low undergrad GPA and/or MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed DO2BWife, very quiet around here. The WL process is just starting though, so I'm still optimistic at this point.:D Good luck to you and Guydudcl371. Looks like YiSheng is also in our WL boat, so here's hoping we all hear some good news soon.:luck:

Facebook class is up to 126, so looks like they're getting down to the last few seats, for now.

Agreed DO2BWife, very quiet around here. The WL process is just starting though, so I'm still optimistic at this point.:D Good luck to you and Guydudcl371. Looks like YiSheng is also in our WL boat, so here's hoping we all hear some good news soon.:luck:

Yep, we are the few on this thread anxiously waiting....and waiting...

Facebook class is up to 126, so looks like they're getting down to the last few seats, for now.

I think there are quite a few current students on the page either helping out new students or selling things...so I am still hoping there are more spots left. Although there are also accepted students not on facebook. Tough times now :scared:

Right, so the two kind of cancel each other out and makes the 126 probably pretty accurate.

Everyone who's still waiting to hear, just stay positive and don't let anything that happens this season get you down. If you want to be a doctor then just keep at it. The worst that could happen is reapplying, and from what I've heard it's pretty common. I have been in the medical field for 18 years, and it has taken me a long time follow my dream and apply to medical school, so just stay the course, remember to let go and breath a little, put your heart and mind to it, and it will happen.

Everyone who's still waiting to hear, just stay positive and don't let anything that happens this season get you down. If you want to be a doctor then just keep at it. The worst that could happen is reapplying, and from what I've heard it's pretty common. I have been in the medical field for 18 years, and it has taken me a long time follow my dream and apply to medical school, so just stay the course, remember to let go and breath a little, put your heart and mind to it, and it will happen.
Well said my friend, well said!!

I think there are quite a few current students on the page either helping out new students or selling things...so I am still hoping there are more spots left. Although there are also accepted students not on facebook. Tough times now :scared:

If it is anything like pages at other schools the page is 60% current students and a very small number of new students haha, so I wouldn't look at that number too seriously. Also the update email they just sent out said they would be pulling heavily in 7-10 days.

Who is the best/most helpful person I should ask for when I call the admissions office? I have some questions that I would like to ask on phone.

I was among the last group that was interviewed this application cycle, and our group was told that day that there were enough spots available for each of us. Unfortunately, I was placed on the wait list. However, when I called yesterday to inquire about whether they've begun to pull from the wait list yet, they said that they hadn't yet started this and that it depended on whether someone withdrawals - the class was full. But how can that be if there were supposedly enough spots for each of us and we were the last group to be interviewed, and I was wait listed?? If they haven't even started to pull from the wait list, how could the class be full?? I didn't want to sound antagonistic by asking and risk my chances of being accepted, but I'm confused. Is any one else in this situation?? Does any one know anything about how the process of pulling from the wait list has worked in recent years? How many withdrawals are typical? Any feedback would be super appreciated!! I am on the "high" wait list, although I'm not too hopeful about it at this point :-/

Members don't see this ad :)
I was among the last group that was interviewed this application cycle, and our group was told that day that there were enough spots available for each of us. Unfortunately, I was placed on the wait list. However, when I called yesterday to inquire about whether they've begun to pull from the wait list yet, they said that they hadn't yet started this and that it depended on whether someone withdrawals - the class was full. But how can that be if there were supposedly enough spots for each of us and we were the last group to be interviewed, and I was wait listed?? If they haven't even started to pull from the wait list, how could the class be full?? I didn't want to sound antagonistic by asking and risk my chances of being accepted, but I'm confused. Is any one else in this situation?? Does any one know anything about how the process of pulling from the wait list has worked in recent years? How many withdrawals are typical? Any feedback would be super appreciated!! I am on the "high" wait list, although I'm not too hopeful about it at this point :-/

I'm on the high WL too and was hoping some of us would hear something this week, as the update letter stated. Sorry, I thought there were seats left too. I'm not sure what to think at this point.

Good luck to all Waitlisters this week (my hubby included) Hope this week brightens someone's week :):luck::):luck::)

Hoping for lots of movement this week! It has been oddly quiet on here...

I'm in. Received the letter of acceptance yesterday. Touro's high wait-list is no joke.

I'm in. Received the letter of acceptance yesterday. Touro's high wait-list is no joke.

Congrats Shyguy227!!!! Bunch of us looking forward to joinin ya on the acceptance wagon this week :)

Also, for those on the WL. did any send letters of intent or update letters?

Hey Waitlisters.....more movement coming soon since my hubby was just accepted somewhere else. Good luck to all of you!!!!! :):):):):):)

BTW, Dr. Haight has retired, so do not email him (his email is actually not working anymore and you will get an error message). Just email the general office email if you need to get a hold of someone and they will connect you as necessary. Just an FYI.

Anyone hear anything lately? Who's still on the WL and hoping for TUC? Hopefully we get the July monthly update soon or some WL movement.:xf:

I'm in!!! Just received the call around 5:30pm. I'm going to be a doctor!!! :soexcited::rofl::banana::lol:

Accepted from high waitlist. Declined since I'm already attending another school. Good luck to you all.

it is awfully quiet in here. either everybody got in or everyone is super anxious about what our fates are :( any updates from anybody?