TUCOM -CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AKMCAT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone interviewed and can give a general overview of the interview day? Also, What kind of questions were asked ?

Thank you! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a current student there. They ask you about things on your application such as hobbies, why you picked Touro, and what you would do to improve the school. Most of them were not DOs, and was genuinely curious why you picked osteopathy over MD.

It's a very easy interview, and I don't think it has much bearing over whether they accept you or not. However, if you couldn't give them a straight answer to basic questions, then of course they will reject you. MCAT, grades, etc for the most part already predetermined your status. I say this because I arrived 2 hours late for the interview and my answers sort of insulted the school (but were honest, reasonable answers), yet they emailed me a couple days later telling me that I'm in.

Reactions: 1 users
I am a current student there. They ask you about things on your application such as hobbies, why you picked Touro, and what you would do to improve the school. Most of them were not DOs, and was genuinely curious why you picked osteopathy over MD.

It's a very easy interview, and I don't think it has much bearing over whether they accept you or not. However, if you couldn't give them a straight answer to basic questions, then of course they will reject you. MCAT, grades, etc for the most part already predetermined your status. I say this because I arrived 2 hours late for the interview and my answers sort of insulted the school (but were honest, reasonable answers), yet they emailed me a couple days later telling me that I'm in.

Was it really only days later that you got an acceptance? This is my first interview and they have a two week acceptance requirement, and I have other interviews after so I am a bit worried about this.

You just accept and deposit the thousands of dollars. Then after all acceptances are in, you make the final decision.

Yes, but then you lose your $2000 deposit. Hopefully it won't come to that though, good problem to have though I suppose ;)

Yes, but then you lose your $2000 deposit. Hopefully it won't come to that though, good problem to have though I suppose ;)

Haha yep. But you can avoid the issue by immediately picking Touro. Seriously, you can't go wrong with this school. It's a legit school that actually has a gas station and Costco within 10 miles. Touro even has a nursing school and pharmacy school with many young girls to date.

Reactions: 1 users
It sounds like an awesome school and I really like the volunteer opportunities, global rotations, and curriculum. I def am putting all my cookies in the UNE interview I have two days after touro though