TUCOM - NV Discussion thread 2008-2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mshheaddoc

Howdy
Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For discussion of the school noted above. This includes interview dates, questions, etc. Threads will be merged in here if they are created on their own.

We are doing this to cut down on the traffic of threads so it makes it easier for people to find information about a school.

Members don't see this ad.

Just a bump because they sent me my first interview invite.:D

Just a bump because they sent me my first interview invite.:D
if you do not mind me asking, what are your stats? TOURO just received my application today, and I am hoping to hear from them soon

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent out my app on Wednesday, I'd love to have an interview invite too!! When's your interview??? GOOD LUCK!!!:)

if you do not mind me asking, what are your stats? TOURO just received my application today, and I am hoping to hear from them soon

My stats can be seen in my mdapps profile. But in general - 28P, 3.16 science GPA and 3.42 overall GPA.

Interview is 8/19 or 8/21.

Good luck.:thumbup:

Good luck to you all. Roger, the director of admissions is great, and the interview day should be pretty laid back and straight forward.

I'll be starting there at Touro-NV this year. Actually only 5 more days left until the first day. Crap! So Soon!

Let me know if you have any specific questions the interview.

Wow, time certainly does fly. Congrats to those who have been invited for an interview. If it's your first interview, don't sweat it because it's probably the easiest you'll encounter during the interview season. Roger, as you might already know, is a great guy and will make all of you feel very comfortable on your big day.

Interview on 8/21.. Not my first invite but it'll be my first interview!!
In Las Vegas, exactly one week BEFORE my 21st birthday! haha:)

congrats on the interview! Looks like I am the only one on the 19th so far..

i had my choice between the two, but with less than 2 weeks for plane tickets for the 19th, it was way more expensive. i hate such little notice ! ohhh well =)

I also received an interview to touro - it'll be my first one! I'm definitely excited about it. I've been waiting so long for this moment, and it's finally here. I can't believe it'll be next week - 8/21! I've been reading in the databases for questions they ask in the interview, but does anyone have any advice about it? Thanks!

Just a bump to say hello to the guys I met from the forum at the interview yesterday! And good luck getting that email from Roger next week.:thumbup:

Just a bump to say hello to the guys I met from the forum at the interview yesterday! And good luck getting that email from Roger next week.:thumbup:

yah wuttup to you too guys...it would really be nice studying and going to medical school with you all. meeting you guys was definitely encouraging that med school is going to be a challenging, but fun, and rewarding process. gl with everything, and jeston...if you're reading this, welcome to the club, but REMEMBER MY DISCLAIMER!!!:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the interview invite today! I'm pumped, very interested in this school.

GOT INTERVIEW TODAY for 9/22 I'm so excited 1st interview this yr... anyone got any advice.... for those who interviewed last year what ethical ?s did ya get..... and what would you say the hardest question was???

Thanks
Tiffany

GOT INTERVIEW TODAY for 9/22 I'm so excited 1st interview this yr... anyone got any advice.... for those who interviewed last year what ethical ?s did ya get..... and what would you say the hardest question was???

congrats! When you called to schedule did they give you much of a choice on which day you could select for an interview?

they give you a date to choose from. when i got mine they said aug 19 or 21. i called and said i couldn't be there that soon (it was less than 2 weeks notice--plane tickets!) and they gave me all the september and october dates to choose from. they're accomodating and roger is really nice

congrats! When you called to schedule did they give you much of a choice on which day you could select for an interview?

actually got an email with 4 dates listed.... with my work schedule i had to chose the last date

Does anyone know what touro-nv residencey list looked like? It was opened in 2004, so this is the first year that one should be available. . . I've seen the list for Touro ca, but I'm sure the satelite schools will have a few differences.

Thanks!

Does anyone know what touro-nv residencey list looked like? It was opened in 2004, so this is the first year that one should be available. . . I've seen the list for Touro ca, but I'm sure the satelite schools will have a few differences.

Thanks!

An unofficial list can be found here.

Hi, sounds like there's a lot of people getting interviews from tucom nevada. I also got one today. What's the percent of interviewees that get accepted? I'd also like to know some of the interview questions.

Hi, sounds like there's a lot of people getting interviews from tucom nevada. I also got one today. What's the percent of interviewees that get accepted? I'd also like to know some of the interview questions.

60% Accepted. 30% Waitlisted. 10% Rejected.

Check out the database link at the top of the forum page to get a general idea as to what questions they may or may not ask you and good luck.:thumbup:

anyone interviewing on 9/22 where are you all staying and anyone thinking about carpooling to the school?

I'm scheduled for an interview on 10/2! Very excited about this school and I can't wait to come check it out. I'm already impressed - Roger was great and very nice.

Hey guys, I'm just planning for the interview day. Where's a good hotel or place to stay at which is close to TUCOM? Is there a shuttle or should I just rent a car? thanks

Hey guys, I'm just planning for the interview day. Where's a good hotel or place to stay at which is close to TUCOM? Is there a shuttle or should I just rent a car? thanks

fiesta henderson is really cheap and about 5 mins about from the school. there's no shuttle, but i dont think you need to rent a car bc everything is pretty close and cabs will cost less than renting a car (unless you are staying for more than one night). i was there last week and everything (ie transportation, staying, getting there on time) went pretty smoothly. pm me if you want details.
good luck on the interview!!!

and good luck to everyone who interviewed last week. tomorrow's the big day!:scared:

8/29: acceptance
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

holy crap that's early! congrats!!!!!!!! that's awesome to know so early in the game :)
which school is your top choice?

Last edited:
ACCEPTED!!! anyone else from my interviewing group??? congrats everybreathagift!!!

how long from interview to acceptance?

congrats guys!

how long after your AACOMAS was released did you get Touro's secondary?

ahhh thanks! actually just received it a few hours ago....wonder if this works with interviews too :D

interview to decision was 1 week. this is pretty unusual though, as far as i understand.

ahhh thanks! actually just received it a few hours ago....wonder if this works with interviews too :D

haha guess it does!!

did anyone elect to stay with a student? just wondering if that was helpful or more of a hassle?
thanks!

congrats to those accepted! that's pretty early.

would you mind letting us future interviewees know what kind of questions did they ask?

Interviewing tomorrow: 9/15, hope to see some of ya'll there!

Good luck! Anyone else interviewing the near future? I plan to call them soon to schedule it.

Ah, it seems I will be going for the 7th date. Have fun on the 16th though!

I'm also really interested in staying with a student. Has anyone set this up already? I hope it is as easy as it looks.

eeks my interview is monday and i am starting to freek out......
anyone interviewing monday?

hey, how do the group interviews work? im kind of stressin about it because i feel like i wont be able to show them who i am in a large group. any advice?

hey, how do the group interviews work? im kind of stressin about it because i feel like i wont be able to show them who i am in a large group. any advice?

It's not a group interview. You will be alone with 2 interviewers in a room.

You're going to introduce yourselves to the group of interviewees for that day, but that's pretty much it. It's not like the group interview like they have in Touro-CA.

so i interview tomorrow and I am hoping that all goes smoothly..... if anyone else is interviewing let me know

I interview on Oct 7th. I'm also trying to arrange a stay with a current student, but it's not going too well. Did anyone happen to do this already?

Good luck tomorrow!