TUCOM - NV Discussion thread 2008-2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
got accepted yesterday! good luck to all!

Members don't see this ad.

Awesome, congrats everyone! Everyone else hang in there!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
any more updates on the waitlist for the middle half of us? congrats to those who got accepted!

just emailed Roger and its currently at 56 students called to fill 26 spots. He also said that it is looking a lot like last year where they moved around 50 students.

Does anyone know if there is another point where we get a lot of movement from the waitlist, like if the next set of payments/deposit is due for accepted students or anything like that?

Was just reading through this thread and it sounds like a lot of you are really close to getting in! Good luck! I'm an applicant for this next cycle and I will be submitting my secondary this week. I know why I like this school, but tell me, why do you all like this school so much and why do you want to go there?

Have you already received your secondary? I completed my AACOMAS in June and still haven't received a secondary yet! I'm getting anxious....

Hello fellow waitlisters. I just wanted to see where everyone is on the waitlist based on whatever you have heard from roger or on here. It would be helpful to understand the movement a little better. According to Roger last week he said I was around 15 on the list. Anyone around there or under. Thanks guys and good luck.

Is there anyone out there that was told they were top third and have not recieved a call?

I'm in the middle third and it sounds like I'm just behind you(keep me posted). Roger is awesome at telling us whatever we want to know. Just ask him specific questions (but be fair) and he'll answer you.
Latest I heard was that they were ~50 people into the waitlist and on the same pace as last year (~90).
Have you seen the weather in Vegas?! 100 plus for more than a week with no releif in sight. I can't wait.

I just received an interview for the 2010 class! woot!!

Hey guys! I got accepted into LECOM-Erie so I'll be dropping my spot at Touro soon. Good luck to you all! :thumbup:

Have you already received your secondary? I completed my AACOMAS in June and still haven't received a secondary yet! I'm getting anxious....

Yes I've received the secondary. My primary was in early May, so you are probably ok.

I just received an interview for the 2010 class! woot!!

Are you sure? I received this interview inviting me to complete the secondary app, but it's not ready yet. Here's the email:

We have received your AACOMAS application and you qualify for a Supplemental Application. However, we are in the process of making our application available online, and we will update you on status of when it will be made available on or around July 20th, 2009. In the mean time, please continue to move forward with the application process by forwarding letters of recommendation and official transcripts to the Admissions Office at:

According to this email, you can't have your secondary in yet, so how do you have an interview offer?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you sure? I received this interview inviting me to complete the secondary app, but it's not ready yet. Here's the email:

We have received your AACOMAS application and you qualify for a Supplemental Application. However, we are in the process of making our application available online, and we will update you on status of when it will be made available on or around July 20th, 2009. In the mean time, please continue to move forward with the application process by forwarding letters of recommendation and official transcripts to the Admissions Office at:

According to this email, you can't have your secondary in yet, so how do you have an interview offer?

Yup, i called and made sure and made an appt. for an interview. Good luck!

Hi, I also received this email about a week ago and now after reading the posts here, I am confused about obtaining an interview if the secondary is not even available right now.:confused:
Does this mean we should just call this school and inquire about an interview? Anyway, congrats to those who have received an interview!

emailed Roger today. He said they went through 59 and filled 26 spots.

Bludiem, Vegas heat for no snowstorms seems like a good trade off to me :p. I think I'm after you guys on the waitlist so keep the updates coming.

Last edited:
A few days ago roger said they went through 62 on the list to get 26 students.

Anyone with experience from previous years know if there is a big push in the waitlist during last few weeks?

I got accepted this morning whoohooo!!! Good luck to everyone still waiting, don't give up.

Here is a quick look at the last 3-4 weeks, hope it helps. I called for weekly Tuesday updates and this is how it went down. Top 25, to somewhere in between 10-20, then to #10, and this Tuesday I was #4.

Thanks everyone for all the info along the way.

I got accepted this morning whoohooo!!! Good luck to everyone still waiting, don't give up.

Here is a quick look at the last 3-4 weeks, hope it helps. I called for weekly Tuesday updates and this is how it went down. Top 25, to somewhere in between 10-20, then to #10, and this Tuesday I was #4.

Thanks everyone for all the info along the way.

Congrats! Doesn't it feel good?!

so those of you that have been accepted where are you all staying?

I'm staying in Vegas- the apartments near school are too expensive and isolated in my opinion :)

so i just got an interview invite, first one ever. i really dont know what to expect, how to prepare.. please if you have any advice.. please message me.. thank you so much =)

Just so you know this is in last years thread. But for the interview, I would make sure you have the reasons why you want to go to Touro NV and why you want to be an osteopathic physician down very well. Also this is an open file interview so make sure you read all of your essays and look over you application a few times. I also think it helps to know a good amount of info about the school for their new website. The interview is not too bad and everyone is really nice and relaxed. Check the interview feedback on sdn and good luck.

hey...

I got interview in jan....i wanted to get suggestions from students that have gone to the interview...this is my first interview...it would really a great help...thanks...i have found out that you should know ur applications very well...and why TUCOM NV and why DO??? but anything else that is important...

Thanks

Interview Invite ! :) Can any current students give their opinion about this school, like what they like and dont like about it, besides the weather.