Tufts c/o 2016 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
FREAKIN A.

Waitlist. Again for this cycle.
SERIOUSLY???

Does this waitlist actually move??

WHAT?!!!!! STOMPSTOMPSTOMP

Well, I can't say if it does or does not. If people don't take forever making their decision about school (and I'm not sure about over-acceptances and such....) - I honestly haven't a clue. All I can say is regrets, TigerWillow. :(

Members don't see this ad.

Yes!!! Accepted!! The page took FOREVER to load... my entire family was huddled around the computer hahaha Congrats to everyone else who got in! For those waitlisted- good luck! I really hope you hear good news soon!

Accepted!!! Good luck to those on the waitlist!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm on the wait list....

this is even more nerve wrecking...

kay dubs from your experience, how many people are actually on the wait list and how quickly do they pull people off?

Hmmmm so all the interview waitlists are on the waitlist

Doesn't really surprise me I guess.

Waiting list too here.

I have a question, are there anyone went for interview but been told rejected? Or we are ALL on the waiting list except the accepted?

Waitlisted. Again. Just in time for my anatomy exam tonight.

Seriously?

FREAKIN A.

Waitlist. Again for this cycle.
SERIOUSLY???

Does this waitlist actually move??

really sorry you guys :( tufts doesn't know what they're missing out on and this application/admissions nonsense really doesn't make sense sometimes. :thumbdown:thumbdown

Thanks Sunnex. I always say things happen for a reason.

This reason better come apparent soon!!!!

Congrats everyone whose officially accepted! I am still waiting on other things, so this is not the end!

waitlisted.

judging by the amount of responses here, there have been many waitlisted applicants... and no rejections yet? i am also wondering whether everybody who got an interview, and was not accepted, is on the alternate list. plus, they are not ranking the alternate list...

Hang in there guys! The wait-list does move - a number of my classmates got called off the wait-list at various times between the spring and even as late as the last week of summer. So, don't give up! Just wait and see! :)

P.S. Congratulations to everyone who got accepted (meant to put that in the previous post)!! Look forward to meeting you in the fall! :)

I wonder if they 'over-accept', accounting for the fact that there are many people applying from out of state, who may stay in their state of residence if accepted there.
Because that would make it tougher for us wait listers...

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if they 'over-accept', accounting for the fact that there are many people applying from out of state, who may stay in their state of residence if accepted there.
Because that would make it tougher for us wait listers...
they do over accept. I was told they accept half of those interviewed, and then about half of those come.
Also, I'm in!!!
Okay, who wants to be roommates? hehe

TigerWillow don't lose hope! I have a good feeling about this. I said it before, but one of the doctors at my clinic got waitlisted for an interview, then put on the waitlist again, but was accepted a few weeks before the program started. I have faith that good things are going to come for you :)

Tufts tends to be pretty focused on having a "well-balanced" class of people, rather than viewing each applicant as a number. The good: no need to get discouraged by being the last person on the wait-list, and don't count yourself out if you don't have a 4.0GPA and 200th percentile scores on the GRE. The bad: no bonus hope by being the first person on the wait-list, and don't count yourself IN if you do have a 4.0 and standardized-test-super-brain-powers-GRE score.

I don't think there would be any harm in asking the adcom if there is anything you can do to increase your chances of hopping into the accepted pool. Do they like letters of intent? What about another LOR if you have continued to gain experience since you applied? Or asking them about how to start shaping up your application for next year, showing initiative and dedication to go to their school in particular? I'm not sure what the policy is on submitting additional info/material, but it would be a bummer to get rejected only to later find out you could have tipped the scale just enough in your favor. Don't send them candy, flowers, and a love poem though, that's kind of creepy ;)

Truly, really, best of luck to those who are still in the "maybe" category; some of the best/brightest students in our class are waitlist survivors themselves. :luck:

Congrats to all those accepted! Looking forward to meeting the Tufts V'16's (and creepin' all up in your Facebook page once that gets set up)!
Oh, Evil Shoe, how will we find the facebook page when it pops up (not the official school one, the one where we chat) what should we be searching for?
Thanks!

Accepted!!! :) Can't even believe it, good luck to everyone on the waitlist! :xf:

I got in and had been on the wait-list for interviews. I wasn't even called off until the friday before the last week of interviews. I'm in total shock!

Hey ya'll - waitlists, this still stings. :xf:

As for what TES says: I prompt anyone who wants to start up the FB group. If anyone is so inclined, feel free to start up a semi-similar thread to Ohio's (an accepted definitely attending) sorta thing here on SDN.

Otherwise, I'm willing to start the FB group (it sorta is in an early stage there...). Just not until March. :oops:

Congrats acceptedees!

For those of you who picked Tufts over a cheaper option, what made you choose Tufts? I'm currently torn because Tufts is by far my top choice school wise, but my instate (Davis) is slightly cheaper, and while I'm not in at Davis yet (I have an interview) I want to start thinking about the decision I'll have to make if I get in at Davis, considering I won't find out about Davis until the end of March. So how did you justify Tufts over a cheaper option?

if someone makes an attending thread on SDN, can they link it here?

Anybody applying for the DVM/MPH? Or have already applied?

i don't really know if I should go MPH, but it sounds really cool. do we have to apply now? I would love to apply after i get into the work and see if I want to add more to it, but i'm not sure we can wait....

Ah nuts, just realized the app isn't on there directly. You should have received the application for the dual degree program in early January as part of your packet, according to the site.

Hi guys! This is my first time posting on here (obviously i've been stalking it for months) but I was accepted at Tufts the other day (out of state) and will be attending. I was just wondering if anyone had received their official letter yet? I haven't yet and am just really excited for the actual thing! Thanks!

Just got the letter in the mail today and I'm about 45 minutes away from the campus. Hope that helps! And congrats! :)

thank you!! im really glad to hear that. haha i had myself convinced that they made a mistake online! congratulations to you too-i am so excited!

Ah nuts, just realized the app isn't on there directly. You should have received the application for the dual degree program in early January as part of your packet, according to the site.
I never got any "package" in January, just a single page letter inviting me to interview. weird...

Got my official letter in the mail today! I will definitely be attending Tufts in the fall, anyone looking for roommates?

Still waiting on my letter and I live 10 minutes from campus! It's making me nervous:scared:!

Still waiting on my letter and I live 10 minutes from campus! It's making me nervous:scared:!

As long as the portal says you're in, you're in! Relax, enjoy the weekend, and I'm sure your letter will have arrived by Monday. The hardest part is over. Congrats!

The letter will come, don't panick :) And you got the electronic acceptance - you're good to go!:thumbup:

and kegra, there's the "Official" group on FB that's in the acceptance letter (so I'm told) but I PROMISE to set up a unofficial class of 2016 -similar to the 2015 FB group by next weekend. People will hopefully start making their "definite" decisions by then. I'll post a link here as soon as I get it done!

:biglove: to all my classmates & :luck::xf::luck: to the waitlists. Gahhhh - I'm so excited to meet everyone this fall!!!!

Got my official letter today!!! :-D Anyone know anything about the special "dean's invitation for accepted students" on March 30? Sounds intriguing...

yup! well, we all are probably, but I'm ready to move in I'm so excited, hehe. where are you from? Or PM me if you prefer.

I'm from Hamilton, a small town about 30 minutes north of Boston. I'll be moving with my yellow lab, Illy!

and]kegra, there's the "Official" group on FB that's in the acceptance letter (so I'm told) but I PROMISE to set up a unofficial class of 2016 -similar to the 2015 FB group by next weekend. People will hopefully start making their "definite" decisions by then. I'll post a link here as soon as I get it done!

Ughh I wish this existed nowwwwww