Tufts c/o 2016 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Keep the faith, everyone!! :luck::xf::luck: I hope when I visit SDN later, I see some good news!!! :xf:

Unfortunately, the post office is closed with no mail delivery due to MLK day. Oh well.

Thanks everyone... still pretty upset about it but trying to remain positive :(

Kaydubs - I'm still waiting to here from Penn, FL, Tenn, and MSU :xf::luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunately, the post office is closed with no mail delivery due to MLK day. Oh well.
Sometimes no news is as good as good news. Preference over BAD news if you get my drift. At least on holiday, we can all take a break from panicking, yah? ;)
Thanks everyone... still pretty upset about it but trying to remain positive :(

Kaydubs - I'm still waiting to here from Penn, FL, Tenn, and MSU :xf::luck:

Well, my hopes & wishes are with you, spoon!! :luck::xf::luck: :biglove: GO 2016!!! Stay as positive as possible - it's not over til they say it's over!! :luck:

My rejection letter came in the mail today. Sad.

Oh no Bisbee!!!! I was hoping you'd snag this one. So sorry. I forget, do you have schools left? I really hope so.

Still waiting for people to drop out of interviews. I think it's a lost cause.

ugh i'm so sorry bisbee i was really hoping you would hear good news from tufts :(

keep your chin up though, you still have penn left, and remember it only takes one! :xf: :luck:

Come on Penn! Show Bisbee (and me) some love!!

Thank you my friends. You are all so great to be there to cheer me on and to feel my pain when things like this happen.

Thank you my friends. You are all so great to be there to cheer me on and to feel my pain when things like this happen.

Bisbee :( I'm beyond bummed right now. I will start channeling all my prayers on UPenn for you. a trade-off - you can live in my state for school while I go live in yours? I'm really sorry. I was hoping we'd have the opportunity to be classmates. But, if you head to UPenn, I will guarantee that I should visit. My dog-godson lives there with my UPenn cousin.

Best wishes to everyone!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Bisbee :( I'm beyond bummed right now. I will start channeling all my prayers on UPenn for you. a trade-off - you can live in my state for school while I go live in yours? I'm really sorry. I was hoping we'd have the opportunity to be classmates. But, if you head to UPenn, I will guarantee that I should visit. My dog-godson lives there with my UPenn cousin.

Best wishes to everyone!!!
This is why I say "My friends" because of people like you, Kaydubs. You are such a sweet person, which will take you far. I still have Penn to hear from, so we'll see.

Come on Penn! Show Bisbee (and me) some love!!

I'm so sorry Bisbee. I really feel for you.
I'll send good vibes to both you and TW for some love from Penn! Keep us posted.

And good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear from others!

Has anyone else not heard anything yet? Ford told me that most of the notifications were going out last week when I called on the 11th. Mail already came today and I am DYING.

If I don't hear anything by Friday, I'm calling again. I'm just so sad Laura's not there to talk to!

Has anyone else not heard anything yet? Ford told me that most of the notifications were going out last week when I called on the 11th. Mail already came today and I am DYING.

If I don't hear anything by Friday, I'm calling again. I'm just so sad Laura's not there to talk to!

I can't believe you haven't heard a thing! I thought I was the last to hear. I know how you must feel because I was waiting and waiting until yesterday. I would definitely give them a call so you can know what's going on. You deserve to know. You took the time to put your heart and soul into that application (and I know from following some of your journey that you've tried more than once at Tufts). You need an answer. Perhaps you can ask them to send an email of the snail mail letter in case it got lost in the mail or something (since they don't like to say things over the phone). Good luck and keep us posted!

I can't believe you haven't heard a thing! I thought I was the last to hear. I know how you must feel because I was waiting and waiting until yesterday. I would definitely give them a call so you can know what's going on. You deserve to know. You took the time to put your heart and soul into that application (and I know from following some of your journey that you've tried more than once at Tufts). You need an answer. Perhaps you can ask them to send an email of the snail mail letter in case it got lost in the mail or something (since they don't like to say things over the phone). Good luck and keep us posted!

Thanks Bisbee - I called and got no answer, so I sent an email. I may call again and hassle them later this week if I don't hear back, but Patty has always been super about responding to my emails promptly. :xf:
If anyone has any good thoughts at all, I could use them. Just thinking about getting a rejection makes me want to cry.

Thanks Bisbee - I called and got no answer, so I sent an email. I may call again and hassle them later this week if I don't hear back, but Patty has always been super about responding to my emails promptly. :xf:
If anyone has any good thoughts at all, I could use them. Just thinking about getting a rejection makes me want to cry.

sending positive thoughts/vibes/juju whatever you want to call it your way :luck::xf::love:

is tufts the last school you're waiting to hear from?

sending positive thoughts/vibes/juju whatever you want to call it your way :luck::xf::love:

is tufts the last school you're waiting to hear from?

No - I've still not heard poot from UPenn, Ohio, Oklahoma or VMRCVM. I haven't exactly got high hopes for any of them, especially since Ohio is done with interviews and UPenn rejected me last year - Tufts has been my first choice for a long time, and I've been waitlisted 2 years running. And I moved to MA this year.

Well, I hope that moving there has bumped you from waitlisted to in for this year. Fingers crossed!

So I got an email back from Tufts today - I am on the interview alternate list. For those who didn't see my update on the Support Group thread.

Too tired and numb to even feel angry at this point.

So I got an email back from Tufts today - I am on the interview alternate list. For those who didn't see my update on the Support Group thread.

Too tired and numb to even feel angry at this point.

So sorry Whyevernot :( I'm sending you :luck:.

I received an OOS interview invite today and will be turning it down tomorrow. I was accepted to my in state (CSU) which just makes more sense for me in every way. However, I am sad to not visit Tufts as I hear it is beautiful. Hopefully TigerWillow or dreid1492 will get my interview, so stay positive!

So awesome!! Got a phone call saying that I was taken off the waiting list. I HAVE AN INTERVIEW YAAY!

So awesome!! Got a phone call saying that I was taken off the waiting list. I HAVE AN INTERVIEW YAAY!

Wow, congrats! So people do get taken off. Curious, when is yours?

Wow, congrats! So people do get taken off. Curious, when is yours?

Wow guys seriously I never thought I would have been called off the list. The feeling is a amazing. I'm just happy to have been considered for the interview (mine is on Feb 7th).

Anyone want to share the interview experience? I want to be as prepared as possible.

Everyone else that's waiting to hear...please keep your fingers crossed. Don't give up hope!:luck:

Does anyone know if Feb 7th is the only interview date in February? Also, how soon after the interview will we find out if we are accepted or rejected? I'm going NUTS..........

Does anyone know if Feb 7th is the only interview date in February? Also, how soon after the interview will we find out if we are accepted or rejected? I'm going NUTS..........

No, I think there are 5 days or so. I don't remember exactly how long it took for the final decisions, but Tufts is one of the slower schools especially because they snail mail it. If you really want to know, look up the accepted threads from last couple of years as well as the interview threads from last couple of years and see how long it was between interview and decision.

Interviews are on Feb 1st, 2nd, 6th, 7th, and 8th. Last year interviews were held on pretty much the same dates and everyone who interviewed in February who was accepted heard on Feb 18th, I think those who were rejected or waitlisted heard a couple days after that.

Good luck to everyone interviewing!

Possibly a silly question, but for the photo requirement, did you send a professionally done picture, or just a recent head shot taken by a friend or family member?

Possibly a silly question, but for the photo requirement, did you send a professionally done picture, or just a recent head shot taken by a friend or family member?

huh... that's really funny. That must be a new thing, cause I didn't need a pic 2 years ago. But Penn did. I had a professional head shot that came out hideous that my health professions committee required, but I ended up using a head shot taken by a family member. I had a chicken in the picture, which I dutifully photoshopped out.

I think that's fine as long as it looks professional, you're the only one in it, and it's cut to a size that they specify.

........eh???? OH! Just remembered. Make sure it fits the size requirement and I sent a proof of my senior picture for the silly undergrad yearbook (computerly altered to fit the size & format). They just want some way to identify you and know that yes, this is the droid you are looking for ;)

Interviews are on Feb 1st, 2nd, 6th, 7th, and 8th. Last year interviews were held on pretty much the same dates and everyone who interviewed in February who was accepted heard on Feb 18th, I think those who were rejected or waitlisted heard a couple days after that.

Good luck to everyone interviewing!

:love: Yes! Some people heard as early as the 16th of Feb (I distressed but.....when canis13 & I heard on the 18th, we both freaked out together. Waiting til 5pm was....hell-ish......). Others who were waitlisted or rejected heard shortly thereafter (I believe I'd be accurate in saying the following week.....) They told us to expect emails in March but yanno ;)

Gotta start working on the FAFSA tax stuff. grumblegrumblegrumble BOO HISS!

huh... that's really funny. That must be a new thing, cause I didn't need a pic 2 years ago. But Penn did. I had a professional head shot that came out hideous that my health professions committee required, but I ended up using a head shot taken by a family member. I had a chicken in the picture, which I dutifully photoshopped out.

I think that's fine as long as it looks professional, you're the only one in it, and it's cut to a size that they specify.

........eh???? OH! Just remembered. Make sure it fits the size requirement and I sent a proof of my senior picture for the silly undergrad yearbook (computerly altered to fit the size & format). They just want some way to identify you and know that yes, this is the droid you are looking for ;)

Ok. I was planning on just having my boyfriend take a picture of me as I don't have any of my high school yearbook pics, so it sounds like as long as it's professional looking and meets the requirements it'll be fine. Thanks! :)

Has anyone interviewed yet? Any good / bad experiences?

Another interview question, I know they said to bring family and stuff but do people actually do it? I got the email about the pic too and it says to say how many people you're bringing with you. My parents would love to come, but I don't want to be that girl with her parents trailing along if most people don't bring them!

Another interview question, I know they said to bring family and stuff but do people actually do it? I got the email about the pic too and it says to say how many people you're bringing with you. My parents would love to come, but I don't want to be that girl with her parents trailing along if most people don't bring them!

I think this has been brought up earlier in this thread. There are a lot of interesting tid bits of you read the whole thing :)

Best of luck, everyone! keep up the :luck::xf::luck:!

And KCD: I brought my parents. It was nice to have them to hang out with for the meetings and such. People brought parents, parents + SOs etc. Some people even had parents waiting with them outside the interview.....:confused: I waited alone.

rave: :hardy: I may be accompanying my mentee-prevetawan for his interview. I'm so excited!!! :biglove: :banana:

thanks for the help guys! I will definitely be bringing my parents then:) and kaydubs, which interview day will you be going? I'm going on the 7th!

So far we've had one SDNer called off the waitlist for interviews. Any others lurking??? I'm getting nervous. And sad.

Hey I'm mostly lurking and I was called off the wait list. Don't give up just yet. They called me on Monday.

OMG!!!! I just got off the interview waitlist!!!! I'm beyond ecstatic (especially because I was expecting a call from some Elanco Rep, not Tufts at this time). I sounded like a blubbering idiot... took me way by surprise :)

There's hope!!

ahhhh congrats tigerwillow! don't worry about the interview at all, it was sooooooo laidback and the day was very enjoyable. i just wish tufts was in a more urban area and not just the vet school on that campus, it would have been very close for me btw penn and tufts if that was the case.

the campus is beautiful though and the facilities are very nice -- the students also seemed very happy there as well.

OMG!!!! I just got off the interview waitlist!!!! I'm beyond ecstatic (especially because I was expecting a call from some Elanco Rep, not Tufts at this time). I sounded like a blubbering idiot... took me way by surprise :)

There's hope!!

Congrats TW! When's your interview date?

Congrats tigerwillow! We interview on the same day, and I'm also from California :) perhaps I'll see you there!

Congrats TW! When's your interview date?

I'm interviewing the 6th :)

Just wondering, should I wait til Tues to book the flight? I've heard this thing about Tuesday deals. But I feel like that's cutting it close.