Tufts c/o 2016 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the call today - I am interviewing on Feb 8th and I am PEE MY PANTS happy. Srsly.

Wow. Congratulations! :claps: Five days' notice is nuts, but if they had called me I would find any way to get there, too. Plane, racing ostrich, red ruby slippers - whatever it takes!

Members don't see this ad.

Got the call today - I am interviewing on Feb 8th and I am PEE MY PANTS happy. Srsly.

Congrats Whyevernot!!! I was holding my breath for you to hear something and I am so excited for you now!! Knock it out of the park!!! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
BTW I JUST had my interview!!!! Can't wait to do the rest of activities!

Congrats Whyevernot!!! I was holding my breath for you to hear something and I am so excited for you now!! Knock it out of the park!!! :D

Thanks SJB and Kaydubs! ;)

And, anyone interviewing on the 8th from OOS that needs a ride to campus or something, let me know, although I think they generally put IS'ers on weekdays and keep OOS'ers to the days around weekends for travel purposes. I'm technically a local now!

I had my interview the 2nd- does anyone remember hearing them say when to expect to hear back from them?

I had my interview the 2nd- does anyone remember hearing them say when to expect to hear back from them?

I personally talked to Ford and this question was asked all day. They are meeting as a committee next Wednesday and we should hear back late 20s but definitely by the end of the month (although late 20s IS the end of the month). Hope that helps

Oh and it will be an email notifying you of a status update

Even though I'm out of the running, just wanted to add a little bit to how you're going to hear about your status later this month. You'll get an email in the morning which says you can't access your decision until after 5 PM. Longest.Day.Ever.

And I got my email last year on Feb 22nd, so sometime around the 20th of the month sounds about right.

Even though I'm out of the running, just wanted to add a little bit to how you're going to hear about your status later this month. You'll get an email in the morning which says you can't access your decision until after 5 PM. Longest.Day.Ever.

And I got my email last year on Feb 22nd, so sometime around the 20th of the month sounds about right.
Okay, thanks for the info!

anyone else about to explode waiting to hear the decisions? I can't handle it!
Going to Tufts for my interview has left me uninterested in my other schools so it's hard to prep for the other interviews! I just want to get in...

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been lurking for a while, but I interviewed on the 1st and just wanted to say I can't wait for the end of the month! I'm so nervous and excited at the same time.
Good luck to everyone!! I hope we all hear good news.
I don't look forward to the day I get the email and need to wait until 5pm though. Hopefully we'll all have plenty of distractions that day to ease our nerves.

I think today was it!!!! Feb. 8th...

Tigerwillow, my sock buddy, where you interviewing today? How did it go? From where in California are you?

On a more joyous note: I am interview poison. My interviewers kept the interviewee in front of me about 45 minutes and my interview was around 15 minutes long. I guess no one is interested in what I have to say :sleep: --- my mother was right all along.

What up to my tall Canadian G! It was nice meeting you and the parentals.

Tigerwillow, my sock buddy, where you interviewing today? How did it go? From where in California are you?

On a more joyous note: I am interview poison. My interviewers kept the interviewee in front of me about 45 minutes and my interview was around 15 minutes long. I guess no one is interested in what I have to say :sleep: --- my mother was right all along.

What up to my tall Canadian G! It was nice meeting you and the parentals.

Oh Geeze!!!! 15 minutes?! Yeah mine was 45 minutes. I interviewed on Monday, and I think it went okay. They laughed a lot... Hopefully not at me. We had a great conversation about my tapping skills and they jokingly asked me to demonstrate.

I am from southern California in a city called rancho palos verdes, which is right near the beaches (redondo and hermosa). It was 74 degrees today!! :)

Omg there was something from tufts!!!.........

Anditwasaninterviewsurvey.

DRATS

Be on alert this week! Best of luck! Then it'll be time to start meeting each other - wahoo!!!!
Why this week? I understood we wouldn't be hearing anything until end of the month.

Right right. Sorry. Hang tough, the end of the month will be here before you know it!!
Some people posted last year that they found out between the 16th and the 18th. I was hoping that this would be the case this year and that you thought the same thing....... ugggggggg OK, the wait continues!! Thanks

Wednesday is the official meeting of the committee to decide our fate. Letters will roll out after that but can take til the late 20s.
Good luck everyone!

For those who applied last year and went through this process already, did they tell you guys not to expect to hear anything until the 20s? Looking back at last years official acceptances, people started hearing back around the 16th/18th. So far this year they seem to be on the same schedule as last year, except they said we wouldn't hear anything until the 20s rather than the late teens as it happened last year...

To chime in with TES, yeahhhh, basically she covered it all. I'm originally a 2015. So, honestly don't want to get anyone's hopes up. Things very well may be altered this year.

Last year, the acceptances started to show up the Wed. after the last round of interviews (16th) and continued for a few days. Mine appeared on the 18th with the email at 12pm (commence freak-out & texting panic!) and then I dilly-dallied at school and work. I checked my status AFTER 5pm cause I can be a bit superstitious. Let's just say that, although I was working at the library, everyone in a five foot radius heard my vocalization of happiness. ;)

Best of luck to everyone!!!

Thanks for the input. I'm just getting impatient haha. This application cycle has been horrible for my study habits...

and so it begins....

Is this week when we can officially start hearing decisions? Do you think its possible for them to start today or not (its presidents day/ holiday?)

Is this week when we can officially start hearing decisions? Do you think its possible for them to start today or not (its presidents day/ holiday?)

I'm hoping we hear this week...but, it probably won't be today, the vet students don't have class because of the holiday.

I was totally on edge all day last Friday because I had (with no factual basis) convinced myself we would be hearing then. I'm trying to be less of a nervous wreck this week for the sake of everyone around me but it is hard! :scared:

I was a nervous wreck all last week because I was convinced that they would get back to us the same time they started getting back to people last year. And am I the only person who goes to a University that doesn't give us President's day off???

I think everyone is feeling extremely nervous! I really hope they let us know starting tomorrow or something...

I say they are gonna string us on until next week monday....what do you guys think?

So do they send out emails for the status change on more than one day? It's not an all at once deal? Is there a paper letter at all?

I've kind of been expecting that it will be this week.... gotta do my FAFSA etc this week, too... blech :hungover:

heyloooooo: perhaps this year you will hear in the 20s. Just try and distract thy selves with other things. Last year, they sent out notification emails for a few days for acceptances (Wed-Fri) and then I believe waitlists/rejects were sent out the following week. since it's not going as last year........hang tough, 2016 hopefuls! :luck::xf::luck:

I have had a very difficult time motivating myself to write any essays & do my FAFSA. Bad kaydubs bad! I don't even think I wrote a full sentence yet....

:biglove: to all!

Kaydubs-the anticipation of waiting to hear from Tufts has made being productive almost impossible! I stare at my email for hours at a time hitting the refresh button every few minutes hoping something new will pop up...

I was a nervous wreck all last week because I was convinced that they would get back to us the same time they started getting back to people last year. And am I the only person who goes to a University that doesn't give us President's day off???
No you are not! I feel your pain! And I just did an 18 hour dance marathon, so you'd think the University would let us sleep or something? Nah...

No you are not! I feel your pain! And I just did an 18 hour dance marathon, so you'd think the University would let us sleep or something? Nah...

Holy moly! I would not be able to function for several days after that!

Oh holy crud!!!!! Today is the day!!!!!!

Gah!! Just got the email... 20 minutes?! ahhhhh

Wait, how do you know?? I still have to wait!

ACCEPTED!! And freaking out Best Tuesday EVER!!!

Yay you two!!!! So happy for you.

And really freaking out. Keeping busy. Also have a cherry tart to drown my miseries in....

Waitlisted. Again. Just in time for my anatomy exam tonight.

Seriously?

Ahhh! My decision is up but the page keeps crashing!

FREAKIN A.

Waitlist. Again for this cycle.
SERIOUSLY???

Does this waitlist actually move??