Tufts c/o 2017 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The MBTA system is great and all as long as you live along certain subway lines within certain parts of the city, but I would give it a pretty poor grade otherwise. So if you can avoid the commuter rail situation, I would since it really sucks... especially going outbound in reverse traffic. I don't remember what time the interviews start, but realistically there's only 1 train that you can take in to get there before 9am. That would be the 6:50 am train out of South Station that gets to Grafton at 8am. The next one won't get you to Grafton until 10:30. Personally, getting ready for the interview and taking whatever train from the hotel to South Station by 6:30-6:45 (or heaven forbid, straight from the airport) would be stressful as all hell. If you absolutely have to take it though, I'm pretty sure you can call the campus police and they will pick you up from the commuter rail station if it's a yucky day or it's super cold or the street is not amenable to walking in pretty interview clothes. Here's the schedule if you want to take a look. Gross.

Taking the commuter rail + T fare round trip is going to cost $24-25 too, so it's not exactly cheap. If you can share a rent a car with someone, it might be REALLY worth it. The Boston area has a ton of zipcars, so if you're a member that's actually probably the best deal you'll get. That's how I got to my interview and back when I lived in the city. At $7/hr and not having to pay for gas, it really couldn't be much better.

I definitely agree about the terrible schedule. It's one of the reasons I drove to Boston in the morning at 5:30am rather than taking the train.

Members don't see this ad.

Patty emailed me saying they will finish uploading decision letters on email and in the portal by tomorrow or Monday the latest.
Likewise, my portal did not change at all despite the email status notification. I hel my breath and expecting for the worse and .....what the..???? nadah....:laugh:

Oh well, guess the wait continues but I am not hopeful at this point...trying to ease myself into the fact of denial and focusing on positive things- getting csu acceptance and my upcoming scheduled interviews....silver lining i tell myself...;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Patty emailed me saying they will finish uploading decision letters on email and in the portal by tomorrow or Monday the latest.
Likewise, my portal did not change at all despite the email status notification. I hel my breath and expecting for the worse and .....what the..???? nadah....:laugh:

Oh well, guess the wait continues but I am not hopeful at this point...trying to ease myself into the fact of denial and focusing on positive things- getting csu acceptance and my upcoming scheduled interviews....silver lining i tell myself...;)

are you guys talking about interview invites or actually acceptance/rejection decisions??

So they are still in the process of sending interview invites, but will be done by Monday?

CSU is an amazing school!! Still kicking myself for not applying there...what's your top choice, Siom?

If I understood it correctly, it would be for everything- acceptance, rejections and in between waitlists. She said they will conclude sending out decisions by today or Monday and every single one will hear form them either way.

Cvanthof: I cannot express how happy I am with CSU...hey, we only need one school and im fine. I would love to go to CSU but the $$$$ is really a factor because im OOS. I still have 3 interviews left and just found out ten minutes ago I got into Michigan! At the end of the day, if I am lucky to have options, it will boil down to quality and COST factors. I am an independent student and living off my savings so $$$ is a huge factor. Good luck on Tufts interview cvnathof and the rest!!

They fixed the problems with the portal so now you should be able to view your decision. Like I did.

Good morning! I've been rejected :(

They fixed the problems with the portal so now you should be able to view your decision. Like I did.

Good morning! I've been rejected :(

I'm sorry to hear that, I'm expecting the same from me anyway :/ However, would you happen to know if they update everyone on the portal one by one or if a mass status update happens at once? Because my portal has no decision updates

^ I'm expecting/experiencing the same thing.

ARGH! No email and the portal is still showing nothing for me!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry to hear that, I'm expecting the same from me anyway :/ However, would you happen to know if they update everyone on the portal one by one or if a mass status update happens at once? Because my portal has no decision updates
I haven't had a portal change either... Which is just delaying the disappointment I will have with a rejection :(

Tufts Adcoms just sent an email saying that they are done with looking at applications and our portals will be updated by 3 pm today.

it's up guys! kind of expected a rejection since I didn't receive anything about an interview but its all good. This school was definitely one of my top choices. You win some you lose some. Good luck to everyone else on interviews!

"I am sorry to notify you that you have not been selected for an interview at Tufts University Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine"

Womp womp womp...this was my last school to hear from. :( Guess it's time to think more and figure out a plan B since I have a lovely 5/5 rejections this cycle.

Rejection:/ At least I don't have to travel out of state for an interview...

Rejection OOS. I totally saw that coming considering I didn't receive an email. Good luck to everyone interviewing this month/next month!

Rejected!!! oos. HA! Bastards don't know what they are missing. :smuggrin:

"I am sorry to notify you that you have not been selected for an interview at Tufts University Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine"

Womp womp womp...this was my last school to hear from. :( Guess it's time to think more and figure out a plan B since I have a lovely 5/5 rejections this cycle.

I'm so sorry, WBV :( It takes time, a lot of people on this forum are vet students after their 3rd cycle- don't give up!

Sorry to hear that :(. But you know what, knowing this far in advance gives you an advantage in that you have 9 months to get fired up and seriously improve your application. When you're in limbo, it can be hard to be in the I WILL GET IN NEXT YEAR mode.

Thanks guys, just hard to accept it and even harder to tell everyone. I don't really know what I'm doing now but starting a new vet assistant/tech job on Monday so at least I will be making some money...

Sorry to hear that :(. But you know what, knowing this far in advance gives you an advantage in that you have 9 months to get fired up and seriously improve your application. When you're in limbo, it can be hard to be in the I WILL GET IN NEXT YEAR mode.

:thumbup:
This happened to me after my first cycle. I was wait listed at 4 schools and during that time from when I found out till when c/o 2015 started school, I did very little to improve my application during that time because I thought one of the lists would have moved.

I ended up being able to get an internship/job over the summer which allowed me to improve my application enough before I submitted and I updated schools that allowed it through the year with additional hours, but I definitely could have done more things to strengthen my application.

I got waitlisted for an interview. Waiting anxiously now and worried about expense if I do get one; I live in Minnesota and getting a flight out east on short notice is not going to be cheap at all.

I just got an email I'm off the wait list and have an interview Feb. 4th! Sooo Soo excited!

Thanks, I hope everyone else on the wait list will hear soon with positive news as well!

I cannot believe it... I GOT OFF THE INTERVIEW WAITLIST!!!!! I have an interview on Feb. 5!!! :love::love::love::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Hopefully there are more to come! :luck::thumbup:

OMG OMG IM ON THE WAITLIST I HOPE I GET OFF OF IT TOO! congrats guys!!

I called Patty b/c I had to change my interview. She said the office is closed for the weekend, but she expects there to be many emails/calls from people being accepted elsewhere, which will allow them to keep inviting more people off of the waitlist. So if you are still waiting you might get a call/email next week or if you were on the top of the list for the 4th a spot just opened up for you!!

~N

I called Patty b/c I had to change my interview. She said the office is closed for the weekend, but she expects there to be many emails/calls from people being accepted elsewhere, which will allow them to keep inviting more people off of the waitlist. So if you are still waiting you might get a call/email next week or if you were on the top of the list for the 4th a spot just opened up for you!!

~N

Thank you for putting a little bit of hope back in my day! :)

Got off the interview waitlist! Feb. 6th.
I got an interview on the 6th also! I'll see you there! How quickly after an interview do they make a decision? These waiting to go to interviews and my rejections are as nerve-wracking as when I was waiting for anything.

Yay!! I got off the waitlist!! :) :) :) :)
SO happy for you!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Thank you for putting a little bit of hope back in my day! :)

Don't give up hope! We're pulling for ya :luck: I found out Wed. morning that I got rejected from Ohio State (which is my IS and was my top choice)... I was pretty upset, but then hours later I got my interview invite (and may I add my first good news) from Tufts! This process is absolute craziness... and there is no way of knowing where it will lead us. We just have to stay positive. :D We're all in this together :thumbup:

Last edited:
I have an interview at Tufts coming up and I noticed that people in the past were curious to know who would be interviewing them. Is it acceptable to email Tufts requesting this information? I know they try to match interviewers based on your interests, is it legit to want to know who will be interviewing you incase you have specific questions about what they do?

I have an interview at Tufts coming up and I noticed that people in the past were curious to know who would be interviewing them. Is it acceptable to email Tufts requesting this information? I know they try to match interviewers based on your interests, is it legit to want to know who will be interviewing you incase you have specific questions about what they do?

They'll give you a folder as soon as you walk in with bios of the 2 faculty that will be interviewing you. Just wait until then. I don't think internet stalking them beforehand will help you much more.