Tufts c/o 2017 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think I've updated my portal at least 100 times in the past day. It is now officially my most visited page according to google, hahahaha.

I think I've updated my portal at least 100 times in the past day. It is now officially my most visited page according to google, hahahaha.

I've been checking my portal at least 5 times a day! I want to know!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all, just curious if everyone who applied/interviewed just received an email inviting them to apply to the DVM/MPH program....or are they trying to tell me something?

I was wondering that...could it just be an FYI for everyone (like how everyone got the finaid application), or could it be some sort of hint..?

Well, I can't think they would send it to folks who didn't even get an interview, and considering the admissions committee met yesterday, I have to think they know who is admitted/wait listed/denied. If they don't consider you a good candidate for DVM, why would they offer a DVM/MPH program? I think my brain is just trying to justify this to myself. I assume you interviewed?

Well, I can't think they would send it to folks who didn't even get an interview, and considering the admissions committee met yesterday, I have to think they know who is admitted/wait listed/denied. If they don't consider you a good candidate for DVM, why would they offer a DVM/MPH program? I think my brain is just trying to justify this to myself. I assume you interviewed?
Did you all sign up with your emails during the dual degree programs? Because I'm pretty sure it's just a listserv that they probably send out mass emails to but I could be wrong.

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble but I can't let myself get excited by the email and think that it could mean I was an acceptance or even a waitlist...

It's definitely just a mass e-mail to applicants. Just like how everyone got a Financial Aid e-mail no matter their status.

Well I didn't attend the dual-degree sessions, so I can be fairly certain it didn't originate from any email list generated in those sessions. Fingers crossed!

How about this to narrow it down: did anyone who interviewed NOT get the email today?

No offense, but I feel like that's kind of a morbid question to ask people, especially when you're implying that it means they're about to get rejected.

:uhno:

The waiting is the worst part, and my head just fills with all the "what if"s...

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,
Hope everybody is doing well! I just wanted to quickly chime in and let you know that the Dual Degree Program e-mail is sent to all applicants who received an interview. This is not indicative of application status. The Admissions decisions are not yet finalized, but don't worry, you will hear from Tufts soon and with plenty of time before the enrollment deadlines. :) Please feel free to message me if you have any questions about the program. I'm happy to try to help if I can. Good luck!

Thanks for the info Jill, now I guess I can stop checking the portal every 10 minutes. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear!

Thanks for the info Jill, now I guess I can stop checking the portal every 10 minutes. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear!

I heard that they send out an email on one day to everyone who interviewed saying to check the portal after 5pm and the decision will be there...so checking every day isn't helping, just check your inbox for that email!! :) I'm thinking we'll all hear the last week of Feb based on previous years.

If what I heard was correct... We could possibly be hearing back this Wed.!!! Or it could be as late as March 1. I'm going to hope it's this week! :eek::D

If what I heard was correct... We could possibly be hearing back this Wed.!!! Or it could be as late as March 1. I'm going to hope it's this week! :eek::D

really?? Ahh I hope its this week but I've been trying not to get my hopes up... its the only school I applied to so everything is riding on this!

I'm going to be THAT person...

Who thinks that we could potentially hear back today?

Why you little.... :smuggrin:

It's hard enough to study for my physics II exam tonight, but if they actually send out information today? Forget it.

They should implement a Dominos tracker tailored for their adcom processes.

My heart DROPPED when I got the survey email from Ford. I am dying to hear, but the admissions office said that they'd sent out an email the day decisions are released on the portal. Since an email hasn't gone out today, I wouldn't expect anything :/

My heart DROPPED when I got the survey email from Ford. I am dying to hear, but the admissions office said that they'd sent out an email the day decisions are released on the portal. Since an email hasn't gone out today, I wouldn't expect anything :/

Last year they didn't get those emails til like 4pm tho...still holding out hope! ;)

It's hard enough to study for my physics II exam tonight, but if they actually send out information today? Forget it.

Aaand there goes the 2-hour study block I was counting on :laugh: How do you make an hour pass as though it's only 1 minute? Anyone know?

:luck: to everyone!

Aaand there goes the 2-hour study block I was counting on :laugh: How do you make an hour pass as though it's only 1 minute? Anyone know?

:luck: to everyone!

I plan on watching the latest episode of Castle, but that's just me. I'm trying to prepare myself for a waitlist/rejection.

Emails went out! status will be available as of 5:00 EST... Just a few more min! Good luck everyone!!!!

Who's going to be brave enough to check first? I don't know if I have the guts to look!

I keep refreshing the page to see if its going to update a minute early haha

Who's going to be brave enough to check first? I don't know if I have the guts to look!

I've literally been updating every 15-30 seconds since I got the email. But it seems they're really waiting to put em up until after 5pm. Must be automated...

I'm in! I think I started crying a little.... Don't judge me

Alternate here as well...so we are kinda in the same boat we just were, haha

Does anyone know the probability of getting in off the alternate list? like how many alternates they have? Should I just give up hope now?

Alternate. Kinda bummed, but I'm okay with it at the same time. I was going to ask for a deferral if I got in anyway. Wasn't meant to be.