Tufts c/o 2018 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh, no! Does that mean you're out of the running? That doesn't seem like Tufts ... I wonder how much longer it will be before that portal thing is set up.
Did they contact you? Are you able to rectify it? Sorry :(

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

This waiting is killing me :eek:

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

This waiting is killing me :eek:

Nope haven't heard from Tufts yet. :( I think last year... if I remember correctly, they started hearing back Nov 21st? Hopefully they start sending out notifications soon (if they haven't already).

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing here either. I'm dying!

The first time I applied to tufts, I didn't get an interview imitation until after the new year so I'm ready for the long wait.

I've heard they do one wave of the higher ranked applicants early, and then the rest later on. Early being invites in late Nov. and interviews in mid-Dec., late being invites in Jan., interviews in Feb.

I'm not sure how accurate that information is, but damn am I itching to find out where I stand.

Also, VacaMeansCow, I just saw your post... I hope my statement doesn't offend you! It's just something I've heard from past applicants. And I knew plenty who got in who interviewed in the later wave.

I've heard they do one wave of the higher ranked applicants early, and then the rest later on. Early being invites in late Nov. and interviews in mid-Dec., late being invites in Jan., interviews in Feb.

I'm not sure how accurate that information is, but damn am I itching to find out where I stand.

Also, VacaMeansCow, I just saw your post... I hope my statement doesn't offend you! It's just something I've heard from past applicants. And I knew plenty who got in who interviewed in the later wave.

Oh, that's okay. My application blows great big donkey chunks, but what I lack in academic excellence I more than make up for in resilience and irrepressible wit. Who's got jokes?

blows great big donkey chunks,

Is that copyrighted, or can I use it freely to describe any and all negative things? :laugh:

Hey all! I didn't get my interview invite until January (I was in the second group). At least 5-6 people I recognized that interviewed the same day as me (probably more--I have trouble placing faces to names) are now in my class.

Don't stress, y'all are great! Good luck! And I hope to see you all in August! ;)

Thank you! I'm sure you understand how we feel right now, but your encouragement is awesome :)

While looking up info on their website, I found something weird. Here it says that they have a minimum 50% resident policy. But here it says that 29/91 (30%) of the c/o 2017 are in-state. Does anyone know what the right number is?

While looking up info on their website, I found something weird. Here it says that they have a minimum 50% resident policy. But here it says that 29/91 (30%) of the c/o 2017 are in-state. Does anyone know what the right number is?
Massachusetts has taken away a lot of the in-state funding these past few years, so from here on out, it should be around 30% in-state.

Members don't see this ad :)
So how many people's hearts stopped a few minutes ago when that email arrived?

Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone else try to "decode" their username and password? hahahaha

Did anyone else try to "decode" their username and password? hahahaha

I tried but all I came up with is that my username is my SAT score multiplied by my third cousin's birthdate times all the prime numbers in my weight. It's weird because I don't have a third cousin.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm becoming unhealthily impatient because I know when Tufts started notifying last year and I know it's been 5 days since that date this year! I need to get a life.

Has anyone spoken with admissions recently and found out when they might be ready to notify this year? (I'm guessing no, or you'd have already said it) :meh:

Last edited:
I hope it's not just me, but the admissions updates from Tufts are making me even more nervous...

Reactions: 4 users
Right?! This is a cruel game at this point :p

I figured it out: we all know how nice the admissions office is over there at Tufts, extending deadlines, being prompt, kind, and whatnot. In exchange, they get to give us tiny little strokes. I can taste colors now.

Thanks guys! Just wanted to let people know invites are coming out (I really appreciated when other people did it). I'll let you all know how it goes.

so... the classic question. do people know if tufts is a school that sends them all out at once or if they send out multiple batches of interview invites?

so... the classic question. do people know if tufts is a school that sends them all out at once or if they send out multiple batches of interview invites?

I really don't know for sure, but from one of their emails it sounds like they send out invites in batches:
"These interviews are scheduled for December 20, 2013, January 28 and 29, 2014, and February 3, 4, and 11, 2014. If you are selected to interview, you will receive a letter a few weeks in advance which will include the specific date and time of your interview."

That makes me think it's in batches, because several weeks in advance would be a much different time for a December 20th interview and a February interview.

I really don't know for sure, but from one of their emails it sounds like they send out invites in batches:
"These interviews are scheduled for December 20, 2013, January 28 and 29, 2014, and February 3, 4, and 11, 2014. If you are selected to interview, you will receive a letter a few weeks in advance which will include the specific date and time of your interview."

That makes me think it's in batches, because several weeks in advance would be a much different time for a December 20th interview and a February interview.

Granted I interviewed in 2011, I got my invite for my February interview during the first week of January. They give you about a month's notice...so just confirming that it's batches.

And for those that are interviewing next month, it was seriously one of the most laid back interviews I've been on. Everyone involved that day is super nice and they just want to make you feel welcome. I think I've posted about my experience in more detail on older threads, but I can try to help out if anyone has any questions. It's been like 2 years now, so some details might be a bit rusty.

Hi everyone. Stumbled upon this place while Googling "tufts veterinary interview" after receiving an invitation for December 20, and was wondering if anyone had some experience with the school they'd be willing to share. Should I read up on current events? Be prepared to answer hypothetical ethical questions? What level of veterinary knowledge should I have going in? I've got no idea what to expect.

Thanks so much, and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. After my interview, I'll be sure to let you guys know how it went and what I was asked.

Hi everyone. Stumbled upon this place while Googling "tufts veterinary interview" after receiving an invitation for December 20, and was wondering if anyone had some experience with the school they'd be willing to share. Should I read up on current events? Be prepared to answer hypothetical ethical questions? What level of veterinary knowledge should I have going in? I've got no idea what to expect.

Thanks so much, and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. After my interview, I'll be sure to let you guys know how it went and what I was asked.
Hey, Reggie...welcome and congrats! There's an interview prep section here on SDN with questions posted by past interviewees, and if you search the forum for past threads about interviews and Tufts applicants you'll find good stuff too. Good luck! And we look forward to hearing how your interview goes :D

Congrats to everyone that got interviews yesterday!! Best of luck, and be sure to report back to us afterwards :luck::)

Does anyone know if all the December 20th interviews were sent out yesterday? Do you guys know when rejections are sent?
Also does anyone know if there is a thread specifically for past applicant that got in and their stats?

Does anyone know if all the December 20th interviews were sent out yesterday? Do you guys know when rejections are sent?
Also does anyone know if there is a thread specifically for past applicant that got in and their stats?

You'd probably have to sift through various "Successful Applicant Stats" threads for that info. As for rejections, I think they send them out around the time of the other interviews invites. At least that's when I got mine during my 2nd time applying.

Hey, Reggie...welcome and congrats! There's an interview prep section here on SDN with questions posted by past interviewees, and if you search the forum for past threads about interviews and Tufts applicants you'll find good stuff too. Good luck! And we look forward to hearing how your interview goes :D

Thanks! Wow, there is a ton of information there. Guess I know how I'll be spending the rest of my weekend!

Got an invite yesterday! I started sweating and had a little trouble breathing ... what have I become? :rolleyes:

Can't wait to meet you guys who are interviewing and I'll keep my fingers crossed for everyone else! And of course, post feedback here. I'm hoping this interview is as chill as I've heard...

Does anyone know exactly where the tracking page will be located? Do we log into the same application system, or is the tracking page something different? I'll email the school if no one here knows, I just feel like I've sent so many questions to them this cycle...

https://grad.admissions.tufts.edu/APP/login.aspx

I got an email including this address along with a username and password on Nov 25th.

Has anyone heard anything good, bad or otherwise from Tufts? I'm so anxious! Congrats to everyone with the Dec 20th interview!

Nothing new. I figure they'll send out some more invites after the Holidays :nailbiting:

Does anyone know when the interview invites came out for January interviews last year?

Did anyone else not get that nov 25th email? I'm worried now.

I didn't get the email but I'm not worrying.... TOO MUCH. Since they'll send out another batch of emails in Jan for the later interviews.

How did interviews go today? I initially wanted to give tours and meet y'all, but we had our last final this morning, and I figured I would just want to go home after--I was right! Haha

Did anyone else not get that nov 25th email? I'm worried now.
Did you check your spam folder? I would call on Monday to make sure they have your correct email, etc. as that email was probably sent out to every applicant.

Did you check your spam folder? I would call on Monday to make sure they have your correct email, etc. as that email was probably sent out to every applicant.

LOL. WHoops. I totally misunderstood; I forget that the email 11/25 was for the portal thing not the interview invite. HAHA. Failed again at answering/trying to help.

LOL. WHoops. I totally misunderstood; I forget that the email 11/25 was for the portal thing not the interview invite. HAHA. Failed again at answering/trying to help.
Haha You're a life ruiner lol :p

to anyone: how did you get your vet experience?
I am having a hard time finding a vet who will allow me to shadow
(I know this probably isn't the right place to post this but this is one of the more active threads)