Tufts c/o 2019 applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The only downfall I can see of this is having to pay both the $100 dollars or so for the VMCAS and the possible supplemental fee. Where as this year we only had to pay $70 for the whole application.
Let's just hope we get good news this year then, ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I had a panic attack when I opened the email Tufts just sent out...thought it was an interview invite or a rejection, but it was just them telling us when the interviews will be -_-

Reactions: 4 users
I had a panic attack when I opened the email Tufts just sent out...thought it was an interview invite or a rejection, but it was just them telling us when the interviews will be -_-

Same here! But it's nice to know their interview dates. More information woohooo

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, me too! And "over 650 applications" isn't that huge of an applicant pool, compared to schools that participate in VMCAS. It seems like that separate application procedure really kept down numbers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Same here! But it's nice to know their interview dates. More information woohooo
I had a heart attack too!! Lol then I read "we look forward fo reading it" hahahahahaha you know they had to put that in right in the beginning otherwise we all would've been calling asking what it means!! :eek:
Yay!! Here we go! Lol!!

Yup, me too! And "over 650 applications" isn't that huge of a applicant pool, compared to schools that participate in VMCAS. It seems like that separate application procedure really kept down numbers.
I'm okay with this hahaha

Received an emailed interview invite for Dec. 19.

Reactions: 6 users
I got an interview for Dec 19 too :). I'm so excited to see the campus for the first time!

Reactions: 3 users
I also got an interview for the 19th.

Question for those who know about the area. Any advice on transportation/hotels? Is renting a car the best option? I'm not super familiar with driving on icy roads, but from reading past threads the public transit isn't very reliable. The flight itself is costing a fortune. :(

They said they would send transportation information, but I haven't gotten anything yet. I would appreciate advice on this as well! And on where we should stay during our visit

They said they would send transportation information, but I haven't gotten anything yet. I would appreciate advice on this as well! And on where we should stay during our visit

hi all, i'm new to SDN! i volunteered at tufts for a bit, and you'll definitely need a car. it's about 45 minutes from boston, give or take depending on traffic and where you're flying into. the campus is beautiful, and has a lot of great history. the closest big "city" to tufts is worcester, but you could also stay in framingham/natick if you're okay with driving 20-30 min. no public transit that i'm aware of in north grafton. also check out airbnb or bed and breakfasts- north grafton is just a pretty small town!

Members don't see this ad :)
hi all, i'm new to SDN! i volunteered at tufts for a bit, and you'll definitely need a car. it's about 45 minutes from boston, give or take depending on traffic and where you're flying into. the campus is beautiful, and has a lot of great history. the closest big "city" to tufts is worcester, but you could also stay in framingham/natick if you're okay with driving 20-30 min. no public transit that i'm aware of in north grafton. also check out airbnb or bed and breakfasts- north grafton is just a pretty small town!
Awesome, thanks for the tips! They sent us an email saying that there is a commuter rail from Boston to Grafton, so I will try and check that out! Not old enough to rent a car yet haha :)

Awesome, thanks for the tips! They sent us an email saying that there is a commuter rail from Boston to Grafton, so I will try and check that out! Not old enough to rent a car yet haha :)

I'm from the area, so let's just say that the "walk" from the commuter rail in a Massachusetts winter is...less than ideal. Try Uber.

You can rent a car under 25 if you are over 18, you just have to pay a young renters fee. Try Alamo or Budget, National...a bunch of them do.

Hi guys! I recently discovered this forum and Tufts is one of my top choices. No word yet on an interview, but I'm crossing my fingers! I'm originally from very close to Tufts, and it's true that getting a car is necessary if you want to travel anywhere while visiting. But if you're just planning to go to campus, the Grafton commuter rail station is really close by. I think it's probably walking distance, though it would be a little cold! I might be able to answer other questions about the area if people have them :) Good luck to everyone!!

Hey, how'd the interview go? also @emvin419 and @wheatthinners

Also, anyone heard about January interviews yet?

The interviews went well! Chipotle catered which was a hidden surprise. The interviews were laid back, no hard hitting questions. Just info about your past present and future. Everyone was incredibly nice. If you are offered an interview, you have nothing to worry about

Praying, praying, praying....for an interview here. I'm 0-4 and not feeling hopeful for my other 2 I have yet to hear from!!! :(

Praying, praying, praying....for an interview here. I'm 0-4 and not feeling hopeful for my other 2 I have yet to hear from!!! :(
Same!! Hopefully Tufts is the one!

I'm praying for us!

The interviews went well! Chipotle catered which was a hidden surprise. The interviews were laid back, no hard hitting questions. Just info about your past present and future. Everyone was incredibly nice. If you are offered an interview, you have nothing to worry about

I second that! I was shocked by how laid-back the whole day was. They match you with interviewers who have similar interests, and it almost feels like you are talking with old friends! Just be yourself. All of the professors and students were extremely nice and welcoming.

There were only 48 of us interviewing, which surprised me because I think they are interviewing 290 overall, right? Also, they told us we should find out within the week...yikes!

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!!

This is one of my top schools...but i have little hope seeing as how my GRE is average and I feel like they place a lot of stock in that! Oh well here is to still hoping!

I second that! I was shocked by how laid-back the whole day was. They match you with interviewers who have similar interests, and it almost feels like you are talking with old friends! Just be yourself. All of the professors and students were extremely nice and welcoming.

There were only 48 of us interviewing, which surprised me because I think they are interviewing 290 overall, right? Also, they told us we should find out within the week...yikes!

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!!

Wait, who told you we would hear that soon? Nobody told me that!

Wait, who told you we would hear that soon? Nobody told me that!
During the faculty session, I was downstairs first. Someone asked when we would hear about admission and that's what Dr. Pokras told us. They said that they were making decisions on us on the evening of the interview and would notify us within the week.

Does anyone know how many more interview dates they have? I think we talked about it before but I didn't read back... And prob invites will go out after holidays?

5 more interview dates - January 27 and 28 and February 2, 3, and 10 and you will receive the invite a "few weeks in advance." So yeah I'm assuming the next round of invites will go out after the New Year.

My best guess from past years is that more invites will go out around Jan 7.

I just got accepted!! I got an email to check my application portal, and there it was!

Reactions: 6 users
I just got accepted!! I got an email to check my application portal, and there it was!
Congrats! Did they give you a link to a different portal or was it the supplemental app?

Soooooo do we think more interviews will be sent out this week?

Does anyone know if rejections are also sent out with the remainder of the invites?

Good luck. I haven't heard from them either; I hope you get better news this year.

Where's the portal for Tufts? I can't seem to find it... not sure if I'm just blind or what.:confused:

Any day now, right? The first interview date is now less than three weeks away! And interview invites were given out on January 7th last year...and that's today lol.

Hello Tufts hopefuls! I'm new to SDN and I too applied to Tufts. I have a strong interest in wildlife medicine and Tufts is my dream school, they have so many unique opportunities in my areas of interest! The anxiety is killing me waiting for a response. I wish everyone the best of luck!

Has anyone heard anything recently? I'm in the same boat as you, @Middle-EarthDVM! I'm very interested in wildlife and really want a chance to interview!

Any other IS students waiting to hear back about interview decisions? I heard it was an OOS interview day so I'm telling myself that's why I haven't heard

Has anyone heard anything recently? I'm in the same boat as you, @Middle-EarthDVM! I'm very interested in wildlife and really want a chance to interview!
I hope we both get interviews (and acceptances!) it would be awesome to have more friends interested in wildlife medicine!

Also, does anyone know if they send out all of the letters/rejections for the coming interview dates at once or do they split them into groups and send them out a few weeks before each interview?

I hate having weekday days off from work because every five minutes I just run to my comp to refresh my email. Rejected from my IS 2nd year in a row so really hoping to get some good news from Tufts :( :(

I hate having weekday days off from work because every five minutes I just run to my comp to refresh my email. Rejected from my IS 2nd year in a row so really hoping to get some good news from Tufts :( :(

Same here dirtanddog!!!

@torisunshine8 and @dirtanddog I haven't got the letter yet, but I'm almost certain I will be rejected from my IS for the second year too :( . I'd much rather go to Tufts though (come on good news!). We should be hearing something soon, right? Good luck everyone!

I just got an email with an invitation to interview on February 2 at 1:45pm!! :banana:

I just got an email for an interview on the 28th!