Tufts DIS - 2015 application cycle.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah, that's almost half off. I hope they cut down the number of people they interview too..

Dentist84, did you get the iv? What's.your date?
That's what I am hoping for too.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I opted for 2 nd October..anyone else for same day?

Hello friends ! I have opted for 28th sept too. Please share if someone has any idea about the interview pattern for tufts.

Good luck! It will be one on one formal interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
All the best guys! Depends on what you have submitted. In the confirmation mail they have mentioned the documents required. If you have submitted all of them then you don't have to get any.

are we required to take any documents along?
If all the documents mentioned in the e.mail are already submitted, then you don't have to carry anything. I called and asked Mellisa. She told me that.

If all the documents mentioned in the e.mail are already submitted, then you don't have to carry anything. I called and asked Mellisa. She told me that.
Thanks for the confirmation!!
All the best guys!

Hi guys, just wanted to share some pointers for those interviewing at Tufts this year.

-before the interviews, you are all going to be asked to introduce yourselves- 2 lines( say something non dental and witty, something that people in the room will remember you by)

Interviews:
- Most of the professors are easy going and personable, they just want to have a casual conversation and get to know you! These guys have been interviewing for years so please don't go out of your way to portray something that you're not. Your interviewer will represent you when they get down to choosing students for the program, so put across your strengths very clearly. Also, you will be integrated into the regular class, so they want to make sure you're a good fit(open to learning)
-everybody loves eye-contact!
- interviewers have your personal statement and application in front of them, so most of the questions might be related to that. Know your statement well!
-the most standard question to expect is: Tell me about yourself- Keep it simple; brief bio- where you were raised, what motivated you to choose dentistry as a career, what have you been upto since you graduated from your international dental school and why the US/DMD.

-Why Tufts? Please look through the school website and pick stuff to talk about like the 2020 vision, Glickman library, standard of clinical training etc
- Talk about something that puts you on the same page as Tufts- research etc.
- What are you going to do with your Tufts degree? academics? private prac?
-what do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
- I haven''t heard of any generic questions being asked, but just incase, be prepared for questions like strengths and weaknesses, where else have you interviewed etc.

Good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
Hi guys, just wanted to share some pointers for those interviewing at Tufts this year.

-before the interviews, you are all going to be asked to introduce yourselves- 2 lines( say something non dental and witty, something that people in the room will remember you by)

Interviews:
- Most of the professors are easy going and personable, they just want to have a casual conversation and get to know you! These guys have been interviewing for years so please don't go out of your way to portray something that you're not. Your interviewer will represent you when they get down to choosing students for the program, so put across your strengths very clearly. Also, you will be integrated into the regular class, so they want to make sure you're a good fit(open to learning)
- interviewers have your personal statement and application in front of them, so most of the questions might be related to that. Know your statement well!
-the most standard question to expect is: Tell me about yourself- Keep it simple; brief bio- where you were raised, what motivated you to choose dentistry as a career, what have you been upto since you graduated from your international dental school and why the US/DMD.

-Why Tufts? Please look through the school website and pick stuff to talk about like the 2020 vision, Glickman library, standard of clinical training etc
- I haven''t heard of any generic questions being asked, but just incase, be prepared for questions like strengths and weaknesses, where else have you interviewed etc.

Good luck!

Thank you so much! This was very informative.

Interviews:

Good luck!

Thank you! This helps a lot :)

Interviews:

Good luck!
Thanks for all the guidance. Much appreciated!

Interviews:

Good luck!
Thank you so much. Really appreciate it!

Good luck everybody who've interviewed at tufts today. It was very very nice meeting you all.

And for those, who have interview on Friday, please follow the post written by Molarbear. I believe, the entire interview process was exactly the way, as described in this post

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck everybody! Most likely, results will be declared next week.

Reactions: 3 users
All the best guys!

Hello everybody ! So the results are delayed. Everybody must have received this e.mail. Few more days of wait and patience.

Did anyone call to ask? They said early next week...its nearly end of the week now..
I guess it makes sense to call tomorrow by the end of the day since they said the early next week thing..

Another day passed.. Wonder if it's gonna be next week..?

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all- I guess it is going to be tomorrow as most acceptances are sent on Friday. Let's hope we all get to hear some news tomorrow.
Good luck everyone!

Hi all- I guess it is going to be tomorrow as most acceptances are sent on Friday. Let's hope we all get to hear some news tomorrow.
Good luck everyone!
I don't know @dds. Checked previous years seems pretty random days to me, all about Oct 14/15. We are such a SPECIAL batch :) hopefully we hear great news tomorrow! Best of luck everyone!

I really hope they release the results today. Hadd ho gayi yaar!!

Last edited:
...and the wait continues...

Is tufts done with selection this year?

Last edited:
Tomorrow is the beginning of a new round of waiting... Keep positive keep patient everyone:)

Reactions: 2 users
Just received the offer! I can't believe it after the long waiting. Banana dance time!

Reactions: 4 users
Yay! Got an acceptance too

Congrats to all those accepted :)