Tufts-Floating hosp didnt fill?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pedipink

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all-

I had tufts-floating hospital high up on my list but was surprised to see the NRMP data showed it didn't fill last year? Anyone know why or know if this program is in for some trouble?

Thanks- Good luck with rank lists!:oops:

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know anything about Tufts, but where did you find NRMP info showing it didn't fill? Is a list posted somewhere?

It was in an email sent from the NRMP two weeks ago. I'm guessing I got the email since I've registered for the match.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm, that's a little sketch...I hadn't looked before either and I'm surprised to see that. I liked Tufts fine on the interview day but that really makes me wonder. I know Tufts residents have posted here in the past, if any of them (or anyone else with inside knowledge of the program) would care to comment it would be helpful for those of us forming our ranklists.

From a Floating resident: Tufts didn't fill because the triple board program only takes folks every few years. When they decide not to take anyone, then the pedi program can invite a few extra or decide not to fill the spots. This past year, they invited one IMG who had not participated in the match system and dropped the other spot. So, they never participate in the scramble but like to have a few flex spots for triple boarders...Unfortuately, it makes it look like the pedi program didn't fill, but its really the triple board- for some reason they have to keep the same # of spots every year even when they characteristically only take new residents every other year. This year, they are interviewing so those spots should fill. I think its a good thing for a program not to fill every 10 years or so, to keep it on its toes! Boston programs always fill because of location, so Floating has never participated in the scramble.