Tufts MBS 2015-2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
appilied to three masters and didn't get into any of them! woooooot! I'm almost 23 and going to apply to med school next year. i have a horrible gpa and mcat . gahhh
If you don't mind answering, which one did you apply to? Were you rejected or on the waitlist for Tufts? I wish you the best of luck!

Members don't see this ad.

If you don't mind answering, which one did you apply to? Were you rejected or on the waitlist for Tufts? I wish you the best of luck!
Rejected ! Although I got an email also that was addressed to all the waitlist people so doesn't make sense. Doesn't matter where else I applied. It's too late and I wish you the best

Rejected ! Although I got an email also that was addressed to all the waitlist people so doesn't make sense. Doesn't matter where else I applied. It's too late and I wish you the best

so they sent out rejection letters to waitlist people?

Members don't see this ad :)
Pediateix...Age is just a number...take it day by day and you'll get in sometime. When was your application fully complete? I really would like to know

Last edited:
appilied to three masters and didn't get into any of them! woooooot! I'm almost 23 and going to apply to med school next year. i have a horrible gpa and mcat . gahhh
Age is just a number...take it day by day and you'll get in sometime. When was your application complete? I really would like to know.

just got in on Thursday! took exactly two weeks from the email notifying me that my application was complete. applied with 3.5 GPA, ~3.45 sGPA and 29 mcat (retaking this August). I don't have any research experience, so I will be looking to improve upon that and am also going to search for some part time clinical experience. Deciding between Tufts MBS and UPenn SSP

Reactions: 1 user
yo that's awesome. congrats! I got a ~3.6 cGPA and 3.69 sGPA....haven't heard nothin and applied about that time.

just got in on Thursday! took exactly two weeks from the email notifying me that my application was complete. applied with 3.5 GPA, ~3.45 sGPA and 29 mcat (retaking this August). I don't have any research experience, so I will be looking to improve upon that and am also going to search for some part time clinical experience. Deciding between Tufts MBS and UPenn SSP

My premed advisor was like go to tufts...if u wanna do med masters. Much smaller program. And u can volunteer like anywhere in Boston.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, any movement on the wait list that you're aware of?? Thanks!

Accepted today! Complete mid June but they were waiting for my new MCAT scores. Deciding between BU MAMS and Tufts!

Congrats! What was you're MCAT scores, if you don't mind me asking. And when were those scores complete...? BU MAMS is bigger......and takes longer to REALLY complete. Go Tufts!

Accepted today! Complete mid June but they were waiting for my new MCAT scores. Deciding between BU MAMS and Tufts!
Congrats! What was you're MCAT scores and GPA, if you don't mind me asking. Cause it'll help to know where I'm at. And when were those scores complete...? BU MAMS is bigger......and takes longer to REALLY complete. Go Tufts!

Last edited:
Congrats! What was you're MCAT scores, if you don't mind me asking. And when were those scores complete...? BU MAMS is bigger......and takes longer to REALLY complete. Go Tufts!

Thanks! 3.4 cgpa 3.0 sgpa and 507 MCAT. They received my new scores June 30th.

Haven't heard back and completed June 27th. Anyone get denied or waitlisted after that date? I know some people have been accepted.

I was waitlisted a month ago, and today I received my rejection letter. I wish everyone who is still hanging on the best of luck! :)

I was waitlisted a month ago, and today I received my rejection letter. I wish everyone who is still hanging on the best of luck! :)
Good luck...one day we'll all make it! Never giving up! Btw, what were you're stats to get waitlisted? If you don't mind me asking of course.

Should I really have any hope? My GPA and MCAT score are low. It seems like these are the only factors that count. I have pretty good extracurriculars, but let's be real... unless you've done something SUPER amazing, there isn't any way of getting in with that and the rest of the application.

Should I really have any hope? My GPA and MCAT score are low. It seems like these are the only factors that count. I have pretty good extracurriculars, but let's be real... unless you've done something SUPER amazing, there isn't any way of getting in with that and the rest of the application.

Well I guess what do you mean by low?

If it's any consolation I'm still waiting too!

Good luck...one day we'll all make it! Never giving up! Btw, what were you're stats to get waitlisted? If you don't mind me asking of course.

I've been accepted to other master's programs, so it doesn't sting too much. ;)

cGPA: 3.40. sGPA: 3.05. GRE: 306+. URM.

I've been accepted to other master's programs, so it doesn't sting too much. ;)

cGPA: 3.40. sGPA: 3.05. GRE: 306+. URM.
It's great you've been accepted elsewhere! I wish you the best of luck! Do you mind sharing where you were accepted/where you will be attending?

I'm quite worried about my application. I didn't apply anywhere else because the Tufts MBS is my #1 choice. I wonder if I should try to roll the dice on BU MAMS at this point. Apparently they accept applications through July.

I just declined my acceptance. Best of luck to all waiting to hear back

Hi everyone! I was recently admitted to the program so I'm currently looking for housing/a female roomie. Although I would love to be within a reasonable walking distance to the campus, I know that the area is ridiculously expensive so I am willing to have to commute. Please let me know!

Just got my acceptance! Woohoo!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got accepted! Anyone know how hard this program is?

Also, is there a Facebook group for everyone who got accepted?

And if you also don't mind sharing, what are your stats and when you were completed? I am trying to gage what my chances are on getting off the waitlist and getting accepted.
I had a 2.7sGPA, 3.3cGPA 35 MCAT and was accepted off wait list 10 days before class

For everyone who is going to the program and still need to take/retake MCAT, do you plan to do so during the program or after you finish it?

For everyone who is going to the program and still need to take/retake MCAT, do you plan to do so during the program or after you finish it?
I was planning on taking it during, but not sure how hard the coursework is

I have an application out there. If I get accepted I will be declining so there's hope for you :) I should be hearing back real soon. It's been about 6 weeks since I've been completed.
why aren't you planning on staying?

why aren't you planning on staying?

I declined because the program is way too expensive. There are other programs that do the same thing for a fraction of the cost. The only reason I applied was in case I didn't get in anywhere else.

I declined because the program is way too expensive. There are other programs that do the same thing for a fraction of the cost. The only reason I applied was in case I didn't get in anywhere else.
Dental postbaccs are also different... right? The point is to go to a program that has dental connections?

There are separate predental masters which I'm sure would have more connections to dental schools. At the open house one faculty said they have limited connections to the dental school... whatever that means. I'm not sure what that means. But that's what he said.

And like very small number are predentals in the program is also what I heard.

I had a 2.7sGPA, 3.3cGPA 35 MCAT and was accepted off wait list 10 days before class
Ok if you're in the program I have a question... one of the adcoms at the open house told me that this MBS program is seen as a potential feeder for the PA school. So they want whoever doesn't do great to go PA? Do you know details about this?

I was planning on taking it during, but not sure how hard the coursework is
They have a mcat review course during the spring first year. Seems people do that.

Dental postbaccs are also different... right? The point is to go to a program that has dental connections?

There are separate predental masters which I'm sure would have more connections to dental schools. At the open house one faculty said they have limited connections to the dental school... whatever that means. I'm not sure what that means. But that's what he said.

And like very small number are predentals in the program is also what I heard.

Ok if you're in the program I have a question... one of the adcoms at the open house told me that this MBS program is seen as a potential feeder for the PA school. So they want whoever doesn't do great to go PA? Do you know details about this?

They have a mcat review course during the spring first year. Seems people do that.
Not sure about the PA

Good to know. It's my one concern that's making me consider if the program is for me. The admissions head was the person who I heard it from. I didn't think to ask her to make me less confused about it but I am confused now. I'll try to ask someone else at the school. See what they say.

I'm just waiting patiently :whistle: since late june to hear back. Gimme some love tufts! been listening to ET and will crush this program.

Reactions: 1 users
After talking to a few guys in the program (after FB stalking I realized a friend is in the program so that was easy) and my premed advisor I withdrew. So something I didn't know is this program is supposed to be for low GPA and high MCAT guys and not for high GPA and low MCAT like me. They all told me not to waste the $$$$$ with my 3.7/3.6 gpas. They said that the coursework doesn't really help increase MCAT scores so it'd be best to just study for the mcat with my grades. And their recommendation is that if you do the program, get a good MCAT outta the way before you enter because if you take the MCAT while in the program then you will apply late. There's supposedly a slim to none chance to take the MCAT while doing the coursework so you're stuck taking it in late July/August. No one knew for sure about the PA thing the adcom told me but one of the guys said he heard rumors about it.

Hope everyone else gets where they need to be. I feel good, I have more clarity now. I need to kick the MCAT out of the park and I'll be okay.

After talking to a few guys in the program (after FB stalking I realized a friend is in the program so that was easy) and my premed advisor I withdrew. So something I didn't know is this program is supposed to be for low GPA and high MCAT guys and not for high GPA and low MCAT like me. They all told me not to waste the $$$$$ with my 3.7/3.6 gpas. They said that the coursework doesn't really help increase MCAT scores so it'd be best to just study for the mcat with my grades. And their recommendation is that if you do the program, get a good MCAT outta the way before you enter because if you take the MCAT while in the program then you will apply late. There's supposedly a slim to none chance to take the MCAT while doing the coursework so you're stuck taking it in late July/August. No one knew for sure about the PA thing the adcom told me but one of the guys said he heard rumors about it.

Hope everyone else gets where they need to be. I feel good, I have more clarity now. I need to kick the MCAT out of the park and I'll be okay.
I was told me pretty much the same thing as you. I got ~3.6 cGPA and ~3.7 sGPA but an MCAT that was literally at the middle of the bell curve. The thing to ask is are you a good enough test taker? I need this program to increase my test taking ablities...and of course to augment my application. But it also gives you something to do for the next 2 years....

I was told me pretty much the same thing as you. I got ~3.6 cGPA and ~3.7 sGPA but an MCAT that was literally at the middle of the bell curve. The thing to ask is are you a good enough test taker? I need this program to increase my test taking ablities...and of course to augment my application. But it also gives you something to do for the next 2 years....
We have like the same stats! Well my premed advisor told me that it's better to take the next 2 years to a) focus on the mcat and b) work in research to build up the app. The way my premed advisor sees it...my problem isn't in doing well in class and so the master's classwork won't help me much. I did great in college and that didn't help me for the MCAT. The MBS master's isn't supposed to be geared toward the MCAT...that's why they have that one MCAT review course. But most people take the MCAT before the enter. My problem is in doing well on a standardized exam...so I need to study for that exam like my life depended on it and take every practice I can find and do exam prep tutoring. And that makes total sense.

The MBS students I talked to said that they would 100% recommend everyone entering takes the MCAT and scores well before the enter because there is like no time to study for it while in the program and you're going to have to like take the summer off to do it in July or August. That's like giving yourself 2-3 months to study. If I don't do the MBS and just do the MCAT, I can take longer to study for it and focus just on the MCAT materials, which isn't what is taught in the master's.

So if I should just focus on the MCAT and improving the soft factors on my app like doing research and trying to get published then that's my plan. My premed advisor convinced me that'd give me the highest return on investment. He also said SMPs are risky so if I don't have a good MCAT and screw up in the SMP that's totally killing my chances. Or if I do well in the SMP but don't improve on the MCAT then that's bad too because my problem is MCAT not GPA. Im kinda excited to save 50k lol

If anyone is looking for a a place near Tufts, I've got an extra 1 bedroom 1 bath available about 10-15 min walking to Tufts let me know if your interested!