tufts vs. colorado vs. nova (i want to specialize)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sts9

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i got into all of those school, but I am wondering which would be best to specialize from. Im used to warm weather so living in south florida vs a cold city makes NO difference to me! (plus i enjoy skiing) What do you all think?

Members don't see this ad.

This order. Tufts=Colorado>Nova. Alot of people out of Colorado do a spec. But if I were you I would choose a school I could spend 4 years at, and an area you like, as you could prob spec at any of those schools as long as your boards go well and your class rank is good. You will prob change your mind down the road.

so i got into all of those school, but I am wondering which would be best to specialize from. Im used to warm weather so living in south florida vs a cold city makes NO difference to me! (plus i enjoy skiing) What do you all think?

it doesn't matter where you go to school. the only school that may help when it comes to specializing is harvard.

I find it interesting that you're sure you want to specialize and you haven't finished a single day of dental school.

jb!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
well i am not positive that i want to specialize, but i know that they all have good clinical programs, and it doesnt hurt to go to a school that has good spec rates. I put the specialization in the title because thats what i wanted to focus on in the thread. I am just looking for insight because i need help deciding. I believe I like Ucolorado more than tufts, but I like boston more than denver... Thanks for the replies and any other thoughts would help!

hands down colorado over the others. class size is small. facilities are awesome. people are great. skiing is as good as it gets. and yes, they do have a fair amount of students specializing. if i had been in-state, i would have definitely considered colorado, but my state schools are great and cheaper for me.

as for tufts, i haven't heard much great about them. i've heard from a few students who were pretty stressed out there and not real happy with how things were run. and skiing in boston? no,...go to colorado.

i don't know anything about NOVA, but i know i'd rather be in colorado than florida...personal preference.

What did you end up deciding? I might be in the same situation come January - have already been accepted to Nova, but have interviews at UC Denver and Tufts in January. Would love to hear back from you :)