Tufts vs. Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Myotis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there are a lot of these thread, and I've looked through all of them and I'm still hoping for more insight. I've been accepted at Tufts and have an interview at Davis (I'm a CA resident), so obviously, I may not even have to make this decision, but I've been trying to think ahead about which school I would choose if I was lucky enough to make that decision. So, I was hoping to get some insight from current students at both schools.
For Davis, I'm still having a hard time getting a feel for what the new curriculum is like. Is there tracking? What are the core clinical rotations? I know that first and second years spend one day in the teaching hospital every three weeks, but how much are they able to actually do? And how available is it to get clinical experience outside of the classroom, if clubs for example?
For both, what is the cost of living like? And how easy is it to find pet friendly housing?
For Tufts, I have a better understanding of how the curriculum works, but how do the students like it?
What are some other pros and cons that you have for each of the schools?
Thanks in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.