Turning down schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Northbound0430

Accepted c/o 2017
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Someone may have created a similar thread at some point but after poking around for a while I haven't been able to find it. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone can give me some information on the appropriate way to turn down an acceptance. I got into a few schools but have decided on attending my in-state after all. So what do you feel is the best way to go about it? Should I be making 'thank you' phone calls in addition to filling out the paperwork?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Trying to get it done as soon as possible so the schools can notify waitlisted applicants ASAP.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

Someone may have created a similar thread at some point but after poking around for a while I haven't been able to find it. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone can give me some information on the appropriate way to turn down an acceptance. I got into a few schools but have decided on attending my in-state after all. So what do you feel is the best way to go about it? Should I be making 'thank you' phone calls in addition to filling out the paperwork?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Trying to get it done as soon as possible so the schools can notify waitlisted applicants ASAP.

Thanks!

Just filling out the paperwork is fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
One of my schools had an accept/decline option on the online status system, so I just did that. The other I sent an email stating that I was declining.

Cool, thanks everyone. Never thought I'd be in a position to have to decline an acceptance.. Just wanted to be sure to go about it in a professional manner. :)