Tuskegee c/o 2017 Applicants!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does Tuskegee send out waitlist letters too? I dont understand how they decide who gets an acceptance and when vs. putting someone on the waitlist or sending out rejections. anyone know how the process works?

Members don't see this ad.

does Tuskegee send out waitlist letters too? I dont understand how they decide who gets an acceptance and when vs. putting someone on the waitlist or sending out rejections. anyone know how the process works?
one of my friends emailed amy and this is the response she got:

"We have just sent the first set of letters last week. We will continue to send out official letters throughout the month of April. Emails are not guaranteed, but an official letter should arrive to your permanent address."

Im still confused on why some people got emails last Friday. And how they decide what "batch" each person falls in.

Im fairly certain they will be sending out wait list letters at this same time.

Any one else have any insight??

.....the wait contiues

I emailed Amy and got a similar response, although she never mentioned an email isn't guarunteed. I was trying to get her to explain the whole process, so that I could get a better understanding of how and when they send out acceptances. Oh well. I just hope I hear something soon.

Members don't see this ad :)

Since there was some delay in sending out the official letters, they emailed me a copy of that letter. They required me to send a letter stating if I accept or not by April 19th.

But I still haven't got my official letter in mail yet. I am sure they will be sending more out soon. Keep your fingers crossed!!

Same here. I got an email but I have yet to get an actual letter in the mail.

I called to clarify the due dates. Amy told me they need a written notice that you are going to attend by April 19th, but that the deposit isn't due until May 3. She also said to expect acceptance packages in late April.

Hi everyone I have been offered the opportunity to be in the SERP program and I have accepted the offer I was wondering if anyone if we would also have to pay fees for the fall even though we have paid to enter into the SERP program?

I still haven't gotten an e-mail or letter... :( I was hoping I'd hear by today, since the site said it would be up and running by the 16th, but now it says the 29th! more waiting... I'm starting to think this isn't good... :(

I still haven't gotten an e-mail or letter... :( I was hoping I'd hear by today, since the site said it would be up and running by the 16th, but now it says the 29th! more waiting... I'm starting to think this isn't good... :(

I tried that too! I wonder if Amy would get irritated if we call her.

Yea I still haven't heard anything either, this is the most excruciating wait...interviews were 2 months ago!!

I broke down and called Amy, she said the admissions director is probably waiting until the 19 which is the deadline given to the first round of acceptances. So maybe we will hear some good news next week. I tried finding out if they over accept the class but she didnt give me a number as to how many people they accepted.

So does are we on an unofficial waiting list? I wonder if they sent out letters to a full call or only a few...up until now it sounded like they only sent out a portion of letters. I wish they were more clear on their process. This is my 3rd year applying and Tuskegee is my only option...I just want I know either way..this limbo sucks.

So does are we on an unofficial waiting list? I wonder if they sent out letters to a full call or only a few...up until now it sounded like they only sent out a portion of letters. I wish they were more clear on their process. This is my 3rd year applying and Tuskegee is my only option...I just want I know either way..this limbo sucks.

Same here. Im going to apply to Caribbean schools if I don't get in. I can't go through another application cycle....

I wouldn't be surprised if letters are still being sent out I know people in my class who didn't hear anything until late april and some who were on the waiting list didn't here anything till august....be patient I know it sucks but hopefully you guys will hear back I know how frustrating it can be.... I will see if I hear anything and will relay it to you guys

Members don't see this ad :)
While I didn't apply to Tuskegee this cycle, I do understand what you guys are going through. I am not looking forward to the upcoming cycle either. It will be my 4th and possibly my last application. I am a non-trad and while I considered one of the caribe schools.....I don't know if I can make it work due to family and an exotic bird.

I will likely apply to Tuskegee in this next cycle. I'm disappointed that all contact I have tried to make with them has been unsuccessful. I would love to know why you guys applied there. I can't seem to find much information about them.

I know how you feel!! This isn't my 3rd cycle, but it's difficult because one of my good friends already got accepted and I'm just sitting here twirling my thumbs!!

About two weeks ago, I had become so anxious about the wait that I just decided to stop thinking about it. I stopped checking my emails (and SDN) and I stopped texting my mom about whether or not the mail came. I started going to the gym again to keep me focused on something else, and ive lost 5 lbs already!

Either way, there's nothing that we can do to change our fate at this point.. So the way I see it is to just sit back, and try to enjoy the anticipation. And when the letter comes we'll be surprised that it came!

Yea, you're completely right, and I have been keeping myself busy between the gym and my 2 jobs...the only draw back is that I live with my mom and she's asks me about it EVERY day.

I'm just sayin lots of prayers. But I'm glad I'm not alone.

Same here. I got an email but I have yet to get an actual letter in the mail.

I called to clarify the due dates. Amy told me they need a written notice that you are going to attend by April 19th, but that the deposit isn't due until May 3. She also said to expect acceptance packages in late April.

Hey I was just wondering if you received the acceptance letter in the mail yet?? I am still waiting. But it has been couple of weeks since they sent me the acceptance email. I will probably wait till Monday and if I don't get any mail, I will email Amy and see if she knows anything about it.

Finally got some sort of correspondence...got a letter in the mail...I'm an alternate...bummer. More waiting.

I emailed Amy today and she told me next week or the beginning of May.

They sure do like to stretch this out...I'm still going off the assumption that no news is good news..but I really wish they would give us a better idea of how things worked.

I emailed Amy today and she told me next week or the beginning of May.

They sure do like to stretch this out...I'm still going off the assumption that no news is good news..but I really wish they would give us a better idea of how things worked.

i like that motto.

I think that is a good thing though. I emailed Amy asking her if they rank waitlisters, which they do, but unfortunately they dont give us the waitlist number....She also said the portal will probably be ..down until June.

I got my alternate letter, too. I was an alternate for them last year, as well. I think last year we found out that they keep something like 30 people on the waitlist and you don't know your number.

I got my alternate letter, too. I was an alternate for them last year, as well. I think last year we found out that they keep something like 30 people on the waitlist and you don't know your number.

im curious as to how many people get called off the list.

I got an alternate letter today too =\

I mean I'm happy that its not a "no" but I wonder the same about how many ppl they call off the alternate list.

Here's to more waiting *cheers*

Alternate.. Trying to stay positive, but my faith is surely fading.

Amy said we could hear as late as July, they take people from the serp program after June.....Oh well. Im going to apply to St. George in the meantime. I' ve been waiing patiently thru 3 application cycles and I think Im done waiting.

Amy said we could hear as late as July, they take people from the serp program after June.....Oh well. Im going to apply to St. George in the meantime. I' ve been waiing patiently thru 3 application cycles and I think Im done waiting.

Yeah, I'm interviewing with Ross on May 1st. I'd really prefer to stay state side.. But the ultimate goal is to become a DVM as soon as possible. Considering I'm OOS everywhere, there's not too much of a financial difference. And my undergrad roommate is applying to Ross as well so maybe we can go together?

On another note, I know that deposit money is due on May 3rd or 4th for accepted students. So the wait list may move a bit then..

there already seems to be quite a few of us on the alternate list...this doesn't seem promising.. :(

does anyone know of any rejections? or anyone who actually got off the waitlist last year?

does anyone know of any rejections? or anyone who actually got off the waitlist last year?

nope. the fb group only has 40ish people in it... how many could they possibly take from serp? i dont think they sent out more acceptances after the initial round. i emailed amy friday but havent received a response back. i know one person who declined their seat, thats about it.

I know of some who where on the waiting list that are in my class. I know of one who didn't know until two weeks before class started that they got in.... I also know this year for some reason they took a lot is Tuskegee students