Tuskegee c/o 2018 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iluvlabs90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!!!
I know I can't be the only one applying :)

Members don't see this ad.

Haha!
How's everything going with your app? Every time I try to log on to the site I get a web page not available error :(
But of course when I get in contact with them Monday, it will magically start working again just like last time lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha!
How's everything going with your app? Every time I try to log on to the site I get a web page not available error :(
But of course when I get in contact with them Monday, it will magically start working again just like last time lol

Same.......very slowly.

I might apply. I just need to figure out if I wanna take a correspondence animal nutrition course.

I'm applying too! :p Tuskegee doesn't get enough love on SDN !

I "finished" the app but I just need to get around to handwriting the PS :lame: .. I'll work on that once my VMCAS stuff is out of the way ... :rolleyes:

I might apply. I just need to figure out if I wanna take a correspondence animal nutrition course.

Last year my friend was in the same boat. If I'm not mistaken they said she would just have to finish it by her second year of vet school. Don't quote me lol but you might want to talk to them about it first.

I'm applying too! :p Tuskegee doesn't get enough love on SDN !

I "finished" the app but I just need to get around to handwriting the PS :lame: .. I'll work on that once my VMCAS stuff is out of the way ... :rolleyes:

I've been trying to work on my app but I keep getting this error message when I try to load the page. Anyone else having this problem or is it just me? :confused:

Same here with me! I tried to access it a few days ago to get some information from it and I got an error page. You're not alone... I've just been too lazy to look into it further at the moment because I'm trying to get my VMCAS out before Sept. 1st :(

I decided to apply! This app is so difficult to understand! :confused:

Good luck to everyone applying! I am a first year at Tuskegee and it's wonderful.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. The application wasn't a lot of fun last year either unfortunately. If you are unsure about anything on the app, Amy Huang over in Admissions is very easy to contact via email or phone.

I applied last year and declined my interview, but Amy was such a lifesaver during the whole process!! She was wonderful.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any suggestions for printing off the Tuskegee application :confused: ? I tried to print each page individually but it doesn't show the full text that is in the scroll boxes and it is also very small. Is there a "print application" button somewhere that I am not seeing :( ?

Does anyone have any suggestions for printing off the Tuskegee application :confused: ? I tried to print each page individually but it doesn't show the full text that is in the scroll boxes and it is also very small. Is there a "print application" button somewhere that I am not seeing :( ?

Are you trying to print it off for your own records? Reason I ask is because I thought we had to print and send in the application, however Amy said that isn't necessary. Once we save it, they get it.

Hope that helps!

That makes MUCH more sense. I thought we had to mail it in as well. That is good to know. Thanks!

So the only thing we have to mail out is our money order for the application fee and our handwritten personal statement?

That makes MUCH more sense. I thought we had to mail it in as well. That is good to know. Thanks!

So the only thing we have to mail out is our money order for the application fee and our handwritten personal statement?

Here a direct quote that way I don't mess anything up lol...
"Unfortunately, as you are typing text into the text field on our application and it goes out of the box it you cannot see it. Once saved, we will be able to see it in our database. If you wish, you may send a resume in substitute for that and we will include it into your application file.

Each time you are completed with your online application, you must hit the "Save/Exit" button on the last page of the application (page 21). As long as you have your student return number, you should be able to return to your application and make any changes or updates.

The only items you are required to mail in are:
- application fee of $205 in the form of a money order or cashiers' check made payable to "Tuskegee University"
- handwritten personal statement
- official transcript(s)
- official GRE scores sent using the codes - University code: 1813 and Department code: 0617"

Down to the wire (almost) and wrapping it all up. I have to say that I really dislike this app. I just hope I filled everything out correctly.

Putting it all in the mail by Monday! Good luck everybody!!

Good luck everyone! :luck::luck:
Interviews are the third week in Febuary. I know most school gives you a decision by then (@least my in state does).

So.. they changed the "take animal nutrition and animal science courses before 3rd year" policy. They called me saying that I have to take both courses (before the end of spring 2014) in order to be considered for admission. That sucks!!!! My university doesn't give those courses, and online courses are expensive!!

Has anyone heard when Tuskegee will be sending out invites? I know they have interviews around Feb 18.

I emailed Amy on Friday. She said they are still going through applications and plan to send out email invites within the next couple of weeks. Or you will get a letter by snail mail. Interviews are in February. I am a contract applicant.

I emailed Amy on Friday. She said they are still going through applications and plan to send out email invites within the next couple of weeks. Or you will get a letter by snail mail. Interviews are in February. I am a contract applicant.

Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Wouldn't that be a bit close to the interview to send out invitations? A few weeks from now is in February already.

I know (and thought myself) but that is what she said. Of course, it could be a diversion technique to throw us all off the scent.....;)

Not doubting you, just their planning. Sorry if it sounded like that! Well, here's hoping we all get our interview invites post haste!

I've been told that Tuskegee is huge on Southern Time...meaning they are in no hurry to do anything. No one has the patience for Southern Time when they're waiting for word on acceptance or rejection from vet school!!! Goin' crazy over here. :nailbiting:

Mhm! Same here! It's so hard waiting

Thanks. I was planning on calling tomorrow, I'll wait another week :)

Hey y'all. Any idea about Tuskegee open house? I'm not finding anything obvious online.

Hey y'all. Any idea about Tuskegee open house? I'm not finding anything obvious online.

I think it sometime in March.

I keep checking the check application status link, but it hasn't been updated at all. But I do know that interviews are definitely Feb 18-20 :)
I hope we hear soon!! I need to start planning accordingly with school/work.

I just checked the TU c/o 2017 page and they got their invites on the 22!!

Has anyone been brave enough to call and bug them today?

I can't even get on the website to check my status...surprise, surprise. I don't know if it's my browser (although I've tried two different ones..). And even if I could check, it probably wouldn't even be changed...

I can't even get on the website to check my status...surprise, surprise. I don't know if it's my browser (although I've tried two different ones..). And even if I could check, it probably wouldn't even be changed...

I had the same problem! I took that as they're updating for status changes :) (but then again I had this problem on a weekly basis when I was applying). I checked on Wednesday or Thursday of last week and nothing changed.

Hello everyone! It's nice to know that there are folks out there sharing my struggles with the TU SVM application process. I'm OOS, but applying for a contract seat. I take it that no one has gotten an interview yet. I'm also hoping they are updating their website at this time, but who knows? Hopefully, we will know something by the end of this week (although I have said that the past two weeks). Good luck to all of your vet school endeavors!

So, I received a phone call today...from a gentleman at Tuskegee (very, very thick accent). He was asking me if I was currently enrolled or planned on enrolling in another animal science course...which I had to say no, because I'm not (only took an animal nutrition course). So, I'm not sure if this was a good or bad thing to happen..because that means I don't have all of the pre-requisites necessary. :( Anyone else receive a phone call like this? Or know what it may mean?

I've been told that Tuskegee is huge on Southern Time...meaning they are in no hurry to do anything. No one has the patience for Southern Time when they're waiting for word on acceptance or rejection from vet school!!! Goin' crazy over here. :nailbiting:
I wanted to be offended because I'm Southern, but it's too true.
So, I received a phone call today...from a gentleman at Tuskegee (very, very thick accent). He was asking me if I was currently enrolled or planned on enrolling in another animal science course...which I had to say no, because I'm not (only took an animal nutrition course). So, I'm not sure if this was a good or bad thing to happen..because that means I don't have all of the pre-requisites necessary. :( Anyone else receive a phone call like this? Or know what it may mean?
I got a call like that last week. As far as I know, Mr. Suliman (which I'm pretty sure was his name) was just checking that we are planning on taking our pre-requisite courses. If your call was like mine, it was very abrupt and confusing and hard to understand.

I don't know where you're taking your nutrition course, but Oklahoma State University- Stillwater offers some comparably inexpensive correspondence courses. It was about $600 to enroll in Intro. to An. Sci. I know that's still expensive, but compared to online courses at places like NC State, it's a good deal.

I wanted to be offended because I'm Southern, but it's too true.

I meant no offense when I said that...I just feel like they should be a little quicker to respond to things. Auburn was quick to answer my questions, but not Tuskegee.

I got a call like that last week. As far as I know, Mr. Suliman (which I'm pretty sure was his name) was just checking that we are planning on taking our pre-requisite courses. If your call was like mine, it was very abrupt and confusing and hard to understand.

I'm not even sure he told me his name, because I had to call him back. I told him who I was and that I had received a call, but he never said who he was I don't think. It was a very quick conversation and hard to understand, I agree.

I don't know where you're taking your nutrition course, but Oklahoma State University- Stillwater offers some comparably inexpensive correspondence courses. It was about $600 to enroll in Intro. to An. Sci. I know that's still expensive, but compared to online courses at places like NC State, it's a good deal.

I took it online through Purdue. But I'm kind of panicking now because I don't have any other animal science courses..or know where to take them.

You took animal science and animal nutrition?

You took animal science and animal nutrition?

No, just animal nutrition which was 3 credits..but I think I should have had 6 credits so I should have taken another animal science course..

VI. Animal Science***
Introduction to Animal Science 3
Animal Nutrition 3

^^^From the VMCAS website for Tuskegee's pre-reqs.

Guess I shouldn't have even applied since I don't have the pre-reqs..that was stupid. And now I'm disappointed.

VI. Animal Science***
Introduction to Animal Science 3
Animal Nutrition 3

^^^From the VMCAS website for Tuskegee's pre-reqs.

Guess I shouldn't have even applied since I don't have the pre-reqs..that was stupid. And now I'm disappointed.

Okay, so I just read this, too...

Applicants who do not include animal science courses in their Pre-Professional studies may be admitted at the discretion of the Admissions Committee, if they fulfilled all other requirements. However, these courses must be completed prior to attaining third-year status in the Tuskegee University School of Veterinary Medicine.From year 2017 forward all animal science courses have to be completed before enrollment at the veterinary school.

Guess there is still hope.

Okay, so I just read this, too...

Applicants who do not include animal science courses in their Pre-Professional studies may be admitted at the discretion of the Admissions Committee, if they fulfilled all other requirements. However, these courses must be completed prior to attaining third-year status in the Tuskegee University School of Veterinary Medicine.From year 2017 forward all animal science courses have to be completed before enrollment at the veterinary school.

Guess there is still hope.

I'm not sure they mean application year, but rather graduating vet school year in that last part. I could be wrong, and I hope I am for your sake; however, a couple months ago, Amy sent out an email reminding us to make sure we had the required animal science class by the end of spring semester. You could probably email her and find out for sure. Best of luck.