Tuskegee Veterinary Class of 2020 Interview Notifications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone,
Quick question. My dad is accompanying my on this long drive. Was there anything for guest to do while we interview?

My mom actually sat inside (there's plenty of seating room) and just got some work done. He would obviously want a book or something because I was there for about 4 hours. But he can accompany you on the tour portion!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
4 hours? What in the world?! Elaborate lol. I have an appointment for 11:50 thanks to some cancelations. Did you interview for 4 hours??

4 hours? What in the world?! Elaborate lol. I have an appointment for 11:50 thanks to some cancelations. Did you interview for 4 hours??

Oh wow no haha. They said to be there two hours early, the interview lasted about 40 minutes (they give you a 50 minute slot), and we took a tour afterwards but we kinda waited around a bit before the tour. Basically there's a lot of sitting around, but the first-years are there to hang out with you so that's really nice!

Members don't see this ad :)
You had my heart racing! But Ebony told me I only have to be there an hour early. Must be since it's so early.
Did you enjoy the interview? I know that's a weird question but some interviews can be painful.

It wasn't bad at all. Don't be nervous. It's very conversational (and everyone that I talked to today said theirs was the same way). They're more than likely going to ask you an ethics question and keep extending the question after you give your answer. They just want to see if you're going to stand your ground or change your answer under pressure. The first-years told me this would happen and they were spot on.

Does anyone know the curriculum for Tuskegee? I've been searching for hours, but can't find any information

Does anyone know the curriculum for Tuskegee? I've been searching for hours, but can't find any information
So specific classes no, but I did ask during my interview how the curriculum was divided (for example: 2 years classes and 2 years clinicals) and I was told its 2 1/2 year classes and 1 1/2 year clinical rotations. I hope that helps a little.

I'm so ready to hear from Tuskegee. I've been accepted to other schools but I'm pretty interested in their program.

I'm so ready to hear from Tuskegee. I've been accepted to other schools but I'm pretty interested in their program.
Same Here But I really want to attend TUSVM! I keep checking my email every second. I really hope I get in.

I have attached the course catalog. College of Vet Medicine begins on page 366. Hope this helps. Good luck on getting in.

Attachments

• TuskVCourse_CatalogBulletin-1 150818 v01.pdf
    5 MB · Views: 49
Hey interviewees!!! Anyone heard anything on the status of acceptance notifications? I know it is just the 3rd week post interviews, but I am holding my breath and watching my email like a hawk! LOL

Hey interviewees!!! Anyone heard anything on the status of acceptance notifications? I know it is just the 3rd week post interviews, but I am holding my breath and watching my email like a hawk! LOL

Same here, I talked to some of the first year students a lot of them said they got a reply late march and first week of April. Let's see what happens :nailbiting:

Members don't see this ad :)

Hello everyone and congratulations on your interviews at TUSVM, and I hope you all get in!

I am currently in the class of 2017 and I can help you with you curriculum questions or general if things weren't very clear. So I'll list the classes that we took each year.

1st Year: Gross Anatomy - Lecture & Lab (Fall/Spring), Histology - Lecture & Lab (Fall/Spring), Physiology - Pretty much just lecture but there are few labs (Fall/Spring), Microbiology - Lecture & Lab (Spring), Intro to Vet Med (Fall), Molecular Biology (Fall)

2nd Year: General Pathology (Fall), Parasitology (Fall), Immunology (Fall), Virology (Fall), Epidemiology (Fall), Physical Diagnosis (Spring), Intro to Surgery (Spring), Public Health (Spring), Clinical Path (Spring), Systemic Path (Spring), Toxicology (Spring), Pharmacology (Fall & Spring)
Some other classes I can't remember, it was a lot lol!

3rd Year: Radiology (Fall), Small Animal Medicine (Fall), Small Animal Surgery (Fall/Spring), Large Animal Medicine (Fall/Spring), Large Animal Surgery (Fall), Avian Medicine (Fall), Ethics (Fall), Small Animal Infectious Diseases (Spring), Theriogenology (Spring), Lab Animal Medicine (Spring). Then clinics in the afternoons 3 days a week.

4th Year: Clinical Rotations (starting the summer before), Electives, and Preceptorships in the spring.

I may have missed a couple classes, everything runs together at this point.

Good luck on getting in! TUSVM is an great school and all the professors are awesome and more than willing to give you any extra help you may need outside of class.

Reactions: 1 users
I have a quick question-- is it true animal nutrition is part of their required courses? Does anyone have a list that shows their requirements?

I have a quick question-- is it true animal nutrition is part of their required courses? Does anyone have a list that shows their requirements?
I know first year doesn't but maybe @RefinneJ_ can better answer that?

Or were you talking about pre-reqs because if that is the case I can't remember if I had to for TU (I did take animal nutrition but I believe it was so I could apply to Purdue)

Hi I checked my VMCAS Application for the TUSVM required courses and yes Animal Nutrition is a requirement.

This isn't a commonly offered class.
Well considering I have no idea of your geographic location, etc. I can’t suggest where to take it. My stated answer “4 year institution” was meaning vs a community college because TUSVM has noted that req classes are favored from reputable institutions. With that being noted, maybe this will help. Take the course at a State College with an Animal Science or Agricultural Program. Try to locate a course online, most popular schools offer it online. Also just located this thread from last year.
Animal Nutrition Online/Correspondence Courses That Can Be Done Quickly
Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by KathleenHadds31245, 04.14.15.

Last edited:
Well considering I have no idea of your geographic location, etc. I can’t suggest where to take it. My stated answer “4 year institution” was meaning vs a community college because TUSVM has noted that req classes are favored from reputable institutions. With that being noted, maybe this will help. Take the course at a State College with an Animal Science or Agricultural Program. Try to locate a course online, most popular schools offer it online. Also just located this thread from last year.
Animal Nutrition Online/Correspondence Courses That Can Be Done Quickly
Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by KathleenHadds31245, 04.14.15.
Thanks, the online class suggestions is exactly what I was looking for. One more question re: 4 year vs cc for TUSVM. I plan on taking a handful of classes through my cc for $- does that mean it'll make me look like a less desirable candidate? (Chems, Micro, Physics).

Thanks, the online class suggestions is exactly what I was looking for. One more question re: 4 year vs cc for TUSVM. I plan on taking a handful of classes through my cc for $- does that mean it'll make me look like a less desirable candidate? (Chems, Micro, Physics).
The info below was found on the following website: http://www.onemedicine.tuskegee.edu/SVM_TU/Frequently_Asked_Questions.pdf

Where should I take the prerequisite courses?

You can take the prerequisite courses at any accredited two-year or four- year college or university. Our admissions committee values course work completed at a university at a higher level than course work completed at a community college. Be advised that many of our students complete some of their course work at community college but we encourage upper level science courses to be completed at a major university.

Please note that Animal Science, and Animal Nutrition courses must be completed at an accredited 4-year institution. (Correspondence or on-line courses can be accepted for these requirements.)

has anyone heard anything?? i'm pretty confused on what's going on at admissions

has anyone heard anything?? i'm pretty confused on what's going on at admissions
Acceptance emails were received last Thursday and I believe Friday. Some have received letters today saying they alternates and on the wait list. These post are on the Tuskegee ℅ 2020 Applicants thread. I do not think many applicants are listed on the threads because I have only seen 5 people say they were accepted and 2 others say they were waitlisted.

I'm a little late on this, but I took my animal nutrition course online through Jacksonville State University (in Alabama). It was super easy, but still informative and didn't require a lot of time.

Can anyone accepted tell me what's the deadline to send Spring 2016 transcripts??

For last year, the deadline to send transcripts was June 2nd. Anyone knows the deadline for this year?

Anybody found out where they will be staying this year? Or received their acceptance package?!