TUSPM Summer Internship Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poddreams

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else apply to the Temple Summer Internship Program?

Also, is there anyone that has previously done it and have any valuable comments on it?

I heard some people get interviewed at the end of the program. Truth or myth?

Members don't see this ad.

If you are an upcoming senior at the time of the internship you will have the choice to interview at the end of the week or not. I did the internship this past summer and would definitely recommend it to anyone interested in podiatry or Temple, more specifically. It provides a lot of exposure to podiatry in many different aspects of the profession and is a great way for you to get a good feel for the school. It was extremely helpful for me in deciding that podiatry is something that I want to do for the rest of my life. And it was also helpful in deciding whether or not I want to go to Temple. Enjoy the program, it was a lot of fun if nothing else. :p

Ya we both did the program, my man hit it on the head. I'm headed to temple last year and I think the internship is the number one reason for choosing podiatry and Temple in the end. Feel free to DM if you have any specific questions. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
What are stats that are considered competitive to get into the internship programs?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app

And if you dont mind me asking, what were your stats upon acceptance into tspm and not the internship? Anyone from ocpm?

Calibaby1212, what you need to know about stats for OCPM is that the avg overall GPA is a 3.3 and the avg science GPA is like 3.0-3.1. MCAT is like a 22 what you make of that is your business. People get in on all shades of the spectrum with high GPAs and low MCATs to High MCATs and low GPAs. I'm not gonna knock OCPM because I got accepted there and I liked it there. I have decided to go to DMU for number of reasons but OCPM is a good school. It has big class size like 110 so there will be students that are good matriculants and there are going to be some that you will be scratching your head at. What you need to realize is that in the end dont worry about everyone elses stats right now focus on the MCAT. Prep for that cause that test is a mother. Do well on that and you will do fine pending you keep your grades up and you have good extracurriculars. WIth all that you will get into wherever you want. Just stay focused man and you will be fine. Best of luck to you.

well for the program you will need a GPA over a 3.0 for sure probably a 3.2. MCAT results aren't needed. They do want to see your resume though so I'm sure that along with your essay are the other important factors. Just apply early and you will have a good chance. Don't wait till the last minute. As far as what TUSPM I feel their biggest factors are 1. MCAT 2. GPA 3. What school (don't ask me how they factor that, no idea). If your around a 3.3 GPA and 23 MCAT you will have a good shot. APPLY EARLY. Obviously though the stats are much debatable. Just my thoughts.

I absolutely agree with TUSPM. Despite my atrocious <<<<3.0 GPA, I got offered a maximum incoming scholarship because of the 30 MCAT.

Can anybody please tell me what the science gpa consists of?? Like exactly

Science GPA consist of your Biology, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry and Physic courses. It may also include Math not too sure on whether or not it includes them though.

Is it just biology 1 and biology 2??? Or multiple bio classes??

Multiple biology courses, it will include Bio 1 and 2 but also others such as Zoology, Entomology, Animal Physiology just to name a few. The courses themselves are only limited to the Bio courses that your school offers in my opinion.

Would a pharmacology class count? Or a biology and society class which is a writing intensive class?

Members don't see this ad :)
That I do not know the application service ultimately decides what falls into what category.

That confuses me too bc it lists "other sciences" which is a part of your science gpa.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app

In the end you just got to send all the transcripts in and just wait and see what the AACPMAS comes up with for your GPAs. They really do not give you much of an idea on anything so you just go with it lol.

How long does it take to find out if you got accepted into Temple's summer internship? The deadline is this week and the woman in charge of it said that she will not start reading the applications until after the deadline.

I was actually accepted April 27th! I submitted my application early, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Okay thanks. Was it a letter sent home? She said that turning in early did not matter because they want to give everyone the same chance until the deadline.

Yeah, I was surprised I heard back 3 days before the deadline, but I got an e-mail from Susan Powers at TUSPM. She said to confirm my acceptance by May 11th and forward my check postmarked by May 11th, so I just went ahead and sent it in that day. I'm sure everyone will be hearing back very soon then! Good luck! Let me know if you will also be attending!

Also, I've been checking my mailbox since the e-mail and I haven't received anything, but when I talked to Susan before she told me we would receive something in the mail and e-mail, so I guess the snail mail is living up to it's name. Anyway, she sends all of the necessary materials in the e-mail. You'll get three attachments that you'll have to print off and send in with your deposit.

Okay thanks a lot. I just called them and she said they're still going over the applications and I should find out by next week at the latest.

And if you dont mind me asking, what were your stats upon acceptance into tspm and not the internship? Anyone from ocpm?

Hello calibaby,

Here are my stats: UVA - B.A. in Bio and Psych. 3.06 GPA (2.87 sGPA), 31Q MCAT (11PS, 10V, 10BS). Rejected from TUSPM, Accepted to OCPM w/ $5000 Academic Scholarship (only applies for 1st year).

I hope that helps!

Hey,
So I just got my letter today and I'm listed as an alternative. I'm honestly disappointed because i really thought my resume and background was good enough to get into the internship as well as the school next fall when i apply this august.

I'm just curious to know what your grades and background were. I'm surprised I didn't get it because i already have my bachelors, have a 3.5, went on a medical trip to Costa Rica, worked in a nursing home for a year, and volunteered in various settings. I just hope that there were many great applicants and that it wasn't because i was a bad applicant :/

Hey,
So I just got my letter today and I'm listed as an alternative. I'm honestly disappointed because i really thought my resume and background was good enough to get into the internship as well as the school next fall when i apply this august.

I'm just curious to know what your grades and background were. I'm surprised I didn't get it because i already have my bachelors, have a 3.5, went on a medical trip to Costa Rica, worked in a nursing home for a year, and volunteered in various settings. I just hope that there were many great applicants and that it wasn't because i was a bad applicant :/

Just wondering, have you taken the MCAT?

No i have not. I just got my 10 books from the Berkeley Review and will start studying next week.

I was wait-listed at Temple as well, and I'm also really disappointed! My GPA isn't awesome, but I'm close to finishing a masters, did research for a year, and went on a medical mission trip and I've shadowed a Podiatrist for the past three summers....

Oh wow..I'm definitely surprised you did not get it. I'm going to call on Monday and just ask why I didn't get it and how I can better my application. I also applied for the 3 day internship at NY but won't find out until June I think.

Ya'll are making me nervous for DMU's program... Their decision should go out Monday or Tuesday of this week....

Oh wow..I'm definitely surprised you did not get it. I'm going to call on Monday and just ask why I didn't get it and how I can better my application. I also applied for the 3 day internship at NY but won't find out until June I think.

Yeah I applied to that one too! They said they would tell us after the deadline - which is like June 20th I think? I could be wrong... but either way still a month plus to find out. I'm going to call Temple Monday too... I'm so baffled I don't know what they're really looking for...

Well let me know what they say on Monday about it! Good luck on the NY internship.. I hope you get it!

I feel as though the internship at temple would be great as a precursor to starting the podiatry program there, I actually just interviewed there and am waiting for a decision......I wanted to ask you about NY, they also have an internship? I wasn't aware of that.....

Hey

So i talked to Ms. Powers on the phone at Temple yesterday. I asked her why i did not get it and such and she said that the internship is VERY limited and competitive and that it is more competitive than the regular admissions process for podiatry school there.

I guess this makes me worry less for when I apply this fall. Overall she said my grades are competitive and that I should just study hard for the Mcat and DO NOT rush taking it. I asked her if it matters if I apply in September or in January and she said no, it only gets more competitive around March.

So, just take your time studying and do well on your Mcat. :)

Yeah I applied to that one too! They said they would tell us after the deadline - which is like June 20th I think? I could be wrong... but either way still a month plus to find out. I'm going to call Temple Monday too... I'm so baffled I don't know what they're really looking for...

Oh that does make me feel somewhat better. I haven't gotten around to calling - but I will next week! Good luck studying for the MCATS! I'm taking mine in August, soooo nervous!

Oh that does make me feel somewhat better. I haven't gotten around to calling - but I will next week! Good luck studying for the MCATS! I'm taking mine in August, soooo nervous!

Hey!! Do any one of you guys know if they started accepting people off of the waitlist? Im listed as an alternate and turned in my recent Master's degree transcript. Any idea of how many alternates they take each year? approximately? Thanks for the help!