TV series about pod?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr.phoot

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If there was a TV series about podiatry (to my knowledge there isn't), what do you think it'll be like? Do you think the viewers will be as interested as they are with "Grey's Anatomy" and "House" considering quite a number of people, on average, don't like feet to begin with?

Writing is one of my hobbies and I think such a show should follow the path of "Scrubs" - comedy sprinkled with seriousness and realistic medical cases / scenarios.

Could be about a young pod grad who's starting his first day of residency. He's very insecure and his character overcomes these insecurities as the show progresses. His father's an OB/Gyn and his brother's a cardiologist, so his family gets on his case about going the pod route; think of the prestige card that's always getting played.

It's always mentioned that pod needs to be put out there to the public. This could be a possible avenue.

would love to hear your $0.02

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Nurse: Doctor! He's pronating!!
Podiatrist: Get the extra depth emergency orthotic, stat!

Nurse: Doctor! These nails are too thick to cut!
Podiatrist: Get the diamond tipped dremel, stat! Prepare to vent the chamber.

Nurse: Doctor! The laser nail system isn't working!
Podiatrist: We need more power! Get me 250 mg of terinafine and the patient's credit card.

You should write a book about writers with terrible ideas. Seriously, a pod show emphasizing our insecurity. Maybe it can start off with the podiatrist doing poorly on the MCAT.

Reactions: 12 users
Nurse: Doctor! He's pronating!!
Podiatrist: Get the extra depth emergency orthotic, stat!

Nurse: Doctor! These nails are too thick to cut!
Podiatrist: Get the diamond tipped dremel, stat! Prepare to vent the chamber.

Nurse: Doctor! The laser nail system isn't working!
Podiatrist: We need more power! Get me 250 mg of terinafine and the patient's credit card.

You should write a book about writers with terrible ideas. Seriously, a pod show emphasizing our insecurity. Maybe it can start off with the podiatrist doing poorly on the MCAT.

Hahaha A little harsh there, brother.

This isn't a finished product though, just brainstorming and throwin ideas around. Think of some of the questions that are asked around here. With the show being shot from the perspective of the young resident, I figured it could factor some of the insecurities in there. I did mention he learns to overcome his insecurities (which aren't all related to his career). The family background was just to show his family doesn't approve of what he's doing, but he's still doing it; first time in his life he's stood up to anything!

Members don't see this ad :)
If there was a TV series about podiatry (to my knowledge there isn't), what do you think it'll be like? Do you think the viewers will be as interested as they are with "Grey's Anatomy" and "House" considering quite a number of people, on average, don't like feet to begin with?

Writing is one of my hobbies and I think such a show should follow the path of "Scrubs" - comedy sprinkled with seriousness and realistic medical cases / scenarios.

Could be about a young pod grad who's starting his first day of residency. He's very insecure and his character overcomes these insecurities as the show progresses. His father's an OB/Gyn and his brother's a cardiologist, so his family gets on his case about going the pod route; think of the prestige card that's always getting played.

It's always mentioned that pod needs to be put out there to the public. This could be a possible avenue.

would love to hear your $0.02
Not to be a killjoy, but I don't think this would be very well received. You might want the end of this idea to be right around now, in the interest of future credibility.

C'mon now...... this is never going to be well received lol

Lol I guess...

What would you like to see though? What do you think would be an alternative story line for the show to take? As much you we might want it done a particular way, we can't neglect the Hollywood and marketing aspects though. Certain things will sell and people want to see certain things. Zero to hero is very popular, underdog to champ is very popular, etc.,

I'm curious about what some of you might come up with.

Not to be a killjoy, but I don't think this would be very well received. You might want the end of this idea to be right around now, in the interest of future credibility.
This was just meant to be a little relaxing activity where people brain stormed / threw ideas together and just had a little fun. Maybe a study breaker.

Hope you don't think I was trying to be a jerk or anything.

What do you mean exactly by credibility anyway? I'm a college grad w/ bad grades trying to fix my academic record. In the meantime I'm learning what I can from SD podiatry, waiting to shadow, and just being optimistic. I don't even think I have any cred to begin with lol

Y'all cut the guy some slack, he's just spitballing here.

For any such thing to have any chance it would have to primarily not be about podiatry. Like a main character could be a podiatrist or all the main characters could be podiatrists but the meat of the show would have to be about their relationships like Scrubs, rather than trying to create some sort of intrigue about feet like House...wouldn't happen.

While it would practically take a miracle to get a show about podiatry onto TV and have it become highly popular, if such a thing could be pulled off it would have the potential to update the general public's perception of podiatry about a thousand times faster than whatever podiatric medical associations and current podiatrists are doing. And for that reason alone, I wouldn't completely blow off the idea.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
As long as characters from the Office make cameo appearances as patients, I'm in.
62cc1f04fb8d47d87dd1fa8efbc69b77.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Y'all cut the guy some slack, he's just spitballing here.

For any such thing to have any chance it would have to primarily not be about podiatry. Like a main character could be a podiatrist or all the main characters could be podiatrists but the meat of the show would have to be about their relationships like Scrubs, rather than trying to create some sort of intrigue about feet like House...wouldn't happen.

While it would practically take a miracle to get a show about podiatry onto TV and have it become highly popular, if such a thing could be pulled off it would have the potential to update the general public's perception of podiatry about a thousand times faster than whatever podiatric medical associations and current podiatrists are doing. And for that reason alone, I wouldn't completely blow off the idea.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile
Thank you! I noticed you liked my OP too; you really understood what I was saying.

I agree with everything you added.

What I had in mind was exactly what you highlighted. It would be about the relationships -- similar to Scrubs -- and have some pod aspects mixed in.

-his residency director is tough on him because he feels the boy has potential (Dr. Cox and JD)
-his roommate is an engineer who'll help him design and construct some parts on one of the episodes

Or the show could even take the route of How I Met Your Mother but from like Marshall's perspective. Consider how Marshall's studying to be a lawyer and eventually becomes one as the show progresses.

The character could be living with a college buddy (engineer), trying to figure out what to do with his life and gets inspired to be a pod. He goes back to school to fulfill the prerequisites (even buddy up with other pre-meds; there are no shows about pre-meds so this could lead to something too!)

Anyway, it was just ideas...