Two DAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cc609

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just had my second attempt at the DATs! I had several questions...

1) What do admissions do about two DAT scores?Do they only take the most recent or do they average the last and the first? Take the best scores? (How Ideal would that be!!)

2) And do they perhaps ask about questionable DAT scores during interviews? I am worried because I had an acid reflux near the end of the exam. I actually threw up right after the exam. My math score was severely affected and if they even do ask about my math score, if it's even worth it to tell them I had an acid reflux because it makes it sound like I can't handle the rigorous exams in dental school (this had never happened to me before!). I guess the nervousness had built up :(

3) How strict are dental schools on cut offs? I feel like I would have been a good candidate to consider for many dental schools but now I feel like I've been eliminated by half of them because of the cut off score for each section :(

My first test was a AA 19 and my second test was an AA 21.

First time: Second Time:
Decreased:
PAT: 21 20
QR: 19 16**** yikes :(
Orgo 23 22

Increased
RC: 17 22
Bio: 18 21
GenChem 16 22

Total Science 18 21
Academic Avg 19 21

If anyone could give me some input, encouragement, criticism, any honest opinion. I would appreciate it so much. Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

They take the latest scores.

Good scores, but that 16 is gonna hurt you. They might ask you about it during interview.

Depends on the school, so email them.

Members don't see this ad :)
You will be fine. Where do you plan to apply? Thats where you have to be smart about it!!

What changes did you make to your dat studying?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app