Menu Icon Search
Close Search

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

Two scores for AAMC FL's?

Discussion in 'Kaplan MCAT Forum' started by Whomp, 03.29.12.

1. Whomp

Whomp

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I have taken AAMC #3 and #4 and got a 30 on #3 and a 34 on #4. However, when I click the "review results for AAMC #3" from the Kaplan online syllabus it gives me a way different score, a 27. And the #4 gives me a 33.

When I go back to the actual AAMC site the scores are the same as they've always been, a 30 and a 34. Has anyone else noticed this? Glitch in the system?

Thanks.
  2. KaplanPatrick

KaplanPatrick Elite Kaplan Instructor Exhibitor

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    SDN Sponsor SDN Exhibitor SDN 2+ Year Member
    Whomp,

I have not heard of this problem before. Did you end up getting it resolved? If not shoot me an email at patrick.boyle@kaplan.com and I'll try and follow up for you!

Patrick
  3. L1BS

L1BS

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I have the same problem! I took AAMC FL 3 yesterday and scored a 32 (9,11,12) but when I clicked on the Kaplan score report my VR score shows up as an 8. Also today when I clicked on the AAMC score report, my BS score is showing up as an 11 :confused:. I guess it isn't that big of a deal because it is just practice and I have a lot to still work on but a 3 point difference in VR is a lot!
  4. DAPI

DAPI

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I too have this problem. I skipped AAMC 3, but just got done with AAMC 4 and Kaplan says I got PS: 11/ VR: 9/ BS: 9 and AAMC says I got PS: 11/ VR: 9/ BS: 10.

The difference is that Kaplan says I got 37/52 right on the BS and AAMC says I got 41/52 right.

Anyone know what is up with this?
  5. DAPI

DAPI

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I also noticed this little discrepancy which may account for some of the issues...

This is a pic of what Kaplan's online portal says the answers are:
    [​IMG]

This is what the PDF under Explanations for AAMC tests says (I had to renumber the numbers because they disagreed :confused:)
    [​IMG]

This it what is says when they have the wrong numbering, just so if other people look at it they do not get confused... (actually, the portal has the wrong numbering, but these were easier to type over)
    [​IMG]

The circled number have discrepancy in answers. There may be more that do not agree, but those 4 just stood out. AAMC agrees with the PDF and not the Kaplan portal so I would think that the AAMC score is correct and Kaplan just screwed the pooch on this one (and others).

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal