Twu applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

longhorn90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows about a GPA cut off for TWU? I have heard its a 3.5 GPA and a 3.5 Pre-Rec GPA. Is it both or just one? I emailed asking about a GPA cut off and they said this:

"We look at the last 60 hours only. The program is highly competitive and GPA is a very important factor. Yes there is a GPA, but it depends on the number of applicants we have each year, and I cannot give you a definite number."

Hope this helps! But I would still like to hear what you all have heard?

Best

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows about a GPA cut off for TWU? I have heard its a 3.5 GPA and a 3.5 Pre-Rec GPA. Is it both or just one? I emailed asking about a GPA cut off and they said this:

"We look at the last 60 hours only. The program is highly competitive and GPA is a very important factor. Yes there is a GPA, but it depends on the number of applicants we have each year, and I cannot give you a definite number."

Hope this helps! But I would still like to hear what you all have heard?

Best

I want to say the cutoff at TWU Houston for an interview invite is 3.7 pre-rec. But I could be wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh ok yeah that could be it. Idk either. I have a 3.5 Pre-rec GPA so I'm a bit worried.

I have no idea but i sure hope am good enough to be interviewed cos i have a 3.5 Prereg GPA and 3.8 last 90credit hrs.

Your last 60 credit hour gpa is pretty strong. Mine is fairly low, only a 3.3 :/

I went to the Dallas orientation, and they said that basically the decision is made dependent on the pool of applicants they receive that year. So for ex) last year their pool had very high gpa's the average they took was a 3.7 the lowest they took was a 3.67 or 3.62 can't recall. They also mentioned that really all they are looking at to grant interviews is the gpa and the recommendation from the OT 20 hours observation.
stats:
my last 60 hours gpa is 3.5
my pre-req is either 3.63 or a 3.34 (depending on if they calculate in a repeat grade or if it replaces the grade before it)
I have done more than 90 hours volunteer over the past two years at a rehab clinic, a kid therapy center, and ECI. (They also mentioned that they really only care about for the first round 20 hours of OT observation, and really stress that you have a good rec from them, if you get an interview, at that time you can mention the rest of your volunteer/experience with OT).

I am trying not to stress either b/c it really just depends on who else is applying. ugh. Also from last year it looks like folks were getting email sometime around this week! My first choice is Houston, but I will go to Dallas if I have to.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the interview process is like at TWU? What does the writing activity consist of?

Last edited:
Has anyone received interview invites from TWU Dallas? I know that they sent it out yesterday. The second round is going to be sent out next week.

Mmmmveggies: thanks for your advice a s info. I applied to TWU Houston also. I have 3.3 gpa for last 60, 3.5 per rec GPA, and over 200 hours as an OT Tech and 40 in a short term rehab clinic and a peda clinic.

I applied and made the 10/15 deadline on the last day so I don't think I wi here back until the 2nd round, IF I even get considered. I am so nervous. Good luck to you all applying!

Has anyone received interview invites from TWU Dallas? I know that they sent it out yesterday. The second round is going to be sent out next week.

Hansby,

How do you know TWU invites went out yesterday? Just curious because I emailed the secretary Friday and she said they won't be sending out invites until mid-November this year. Eeeek!

Hansby,

How do you know TWU invites went out yesterday? Just curious because I emailed the secretary Friday and she said they won't be sending out invites until mid-November this year. Eeeek!

I sent email to ask last night, and got a reply this morning. They said the invitation email will be sent out mid-November. Too nervous now!

I sent email to ask last night, and got a reply this morning. They said the invitation email will be sent out mid-November. Too nervous now!
Was the mid-November emails for Houston or Dallas, on the other thread 2013 TWU & UTMB Applicants, MOT HOPEFUL said she/he received an email for a TWU-Dallas interview yesterday.I applied to Houston as my first choice.Crossing my fingers still!!

Members don't see this ad :)

Well, i called TWU Dallas yesterday asking if they have sent out the interview invites and the lady told me that the first round was sent out on Monday. I'm not sure if the mid-november date is for dallas....unless the lady told me the wrong info. I do know that the second round is going to be sent out around next week (?), since the interview date is on Nov. 30th. I'm not sure though about TWU Houston. If anyone knows or heard of anything different, please let me know.

I was also wondering if they send out rejection letters as well? Would this be during or after the interview invites are sent?
Thanks

Last edited:
Was the mid-November emails for Houston or Dallas, on the other thread 2013 TWU & UTMB Applicants, MOT HOPEFUL said she/he received an email for a TWU-Dallas interview yesterday.I applied to Houston as my first choice.Crossing my fingers still!!

It is TWU-dallas. That's their reply ".Selected applicants for an interview will receive an email by mid-November. " .Keep hoping I will be on the second round list.

From TWU OT website: Invitation to interview for selected applicants will be issued in November. The on-campus interview dates for selected applicants will be November 30, 2012 for Dallas and December 7, 2012 for Houston.

So I guess it makes sense that Dallas invitations were sent out earlier than Houston. Idk but best of luck to everyone!

Do you all know if graduate courses are also calculated in the last 60 GPA? Or is it strictly undergrad?

I got an email for TWU dallas interview for Nov 30. I received an email Monday. It said meet for an interview and writing activity. Just curious what the writing interview consists of? Good Luck to Everyone!

I got an email for TWU dallas interview for Nov 30. I received an email Monday. It said meet for an interview and writing activity. Just curious what the writing interview consists of? Good Luck to Everyone!

Would you mind sharing your stats? I applied to TWU Houston and I'm curious to see if my stats are near yours.

Thanks

Got an invitation to TWU Houston today so check your emails everyone! :)

Got an invitation to TWU Houston today so check your emails everyone! :)

When did you apply? How early? I applied and sent in everything and it shows it was all received by 10/15. I hope I'm in the 2nd round. Best of luck to you!

Thank you! I applied mid September. Best of luck to you, I hope you get an invite too!

Not a problem.

For my last 60 hours I made a 3.8, and my prerequisite gpa right now is a 4.0.

I hate to admit this, but I called today to find out if they were planning on sending out more invites, or if they knew who was on the waitlist. She told me that I was on neither, and that they had almost 400 applicants with very high gpa's. My 60 hour gpa was a 3.5, in Dallas they said they would choose based on the pool of applicants. It is a little upsetting b/c there is not much I can do about my gpa from college, which was over 10 years ago. I can't really change it. I guess I will just have to put all my effort into some of the other programs. Good Luck to everyone else!

I also got an interview invite for TWU-Houston today! I'm so excited :) Good luck to everyone!!

Hey! I got an interview too. I was wondering the same thing about the writing sample. They said to know what is currently happening in the OT field and you should be fine.

I hate to admit this, but I called today to find out if they were planning on sending out more invites, or if they knew who was on the waitlist. She told me that I was on neither, and that they had almost 400 applicants with very high gpa's. My 60 hour gpa was a 3.5, in Dallas they said they would choose based on the pool of applicants. It is a little upsetting b/c there is not much I can do about my gpa from college, which was over 10 years ago. I can't really change it. I guess I will just have to put all my effort into some of the other programs. Good Luck to everyone else!

Was that for TWU Dallas? Or for both schools?

I applied mid Sept. My overall GPA is a 3.75 and pre req is a 4.0. Best of Luck to you!

Has the 2nd round of invites gone out? Will there even be one? I haven't heard from TWU Houston and so I was just wondering :/

I had called and there should unfortunately only be one round of invitations for Houston :(

I also just got an email from TWU Dallas informing me that they already let everyone know about interviews. Those who do not get accepted from that group will be put on the wait list.

So, does that mean that there will be no second rounds for TWU Dallas? When i called them last week, they told me that the second rounds will be going out this week.

This is what the email that I got said:

"Unfortunately, we are not conducting a second set of interviews. One hundred applicants were selected for an interview for 42 slots. Those selected for an interview will be placed on the waitlist."

That really sucks. I guess they decided to change their minds. Will they be sending out rejection letters?

Last edited:
Well, I encourage you to call them and make sure you are on the list or not. I stopped by their office (Dallas) this morning, and knew that I am on their first round invite list. However, they messed up my email address so that I never receive the interview email - I was able to receive email before. So don't give up, and good luck to everyone!

Now I start to worry about the writing activity. Does anyone have clues? Thanks for any information that you could share with me.

So you found out you were on the list after you went to go see them today?

Did they say or tell you about second rounds? I called them last week and the lady i spoke to said there will be one.

Did they say or tell you about second rounds? I called them last week and the lady i spoke to said there will be one.
I am sorry the lady didn't mention that. You'd better call the office and find out. Good luck!

Hi everyone,
I just got an email saying i have been invited to interview at the Houston campus. Even though my first choice is the Dallas campus cos i live in Dallas, i had indicated that i was open to any of their locations. I am so glad to get this email cos since i was told that the cutoff for Dallas was 3.8, i have been sad cos my GPA is 3.7. So for everyone out their who indicated that they were open to any location, there is still hope out there.:)

I am so glad to get this email cos since i was told that the cutoff for Dallas was 3.8, i have been sad cos my GPA is 3.7. So for everyone out their who indicated that they were open to any location, there is still hope out there.:)

Was your Pre req GPA 3.8 or is that your last 60 hours? I hope to apply in 2013 but despite my crazy high grades the bar keeps getting moved higher and I'm afraid I will stumble : (
I'm quitting my job to commit to taking the prereqs and am freaking out that my chances are getting incredibly slim.

Thanks,
PittieBoo

Hi Bellona,
Sorry about ur situation. my prereg GPA is 3.5, my last 90 credit GPA is 3.8, my last 60 GPA is 3.7.
Texas Tech used the last 90credit GPA while the other schs used the last 60credit GPA. Hope this helps u but also never loose faith.

I just got an email saying I've been recommended for acceptance for TWU Houston!!!!! I'm beyond excited!! I can't wait to meet everyone else in the program!!!

Hi everyone,
I just got the email recommending for admission into TWU-Houston. So grateful to God.

I am currently a senior at university of Texas at Dallas. I am a pre-dental student, but i want to change that now because i have struggled a lot and simply dont have any interest in subjects regarding dentistry. I enjoy psychology and sociology classes more and with the research i have done on OT, i am interested in becoming an OT. However my grades are a huge concern. Since i was pushed into the dentist field due to family expectations i took biology as my major. I have struggled with classes like organic chemistry which lowered my.gpa tremendously. My gpa for the last 60 credit hrs will be 3.0-3.2 and my gpa for pre reqs will be 3.7-4.0. Do i have a chance at twu ot program with this stat?

Will making A's in hard science classes like biochemistry and genetics go in my favor anf help me get accepted? Please help me out and give me tips to who i can make myself more cimpetitve. Any shadowing tips? What to say and how to act around OT to get best reference letter?

Also i really cannot afford to take12 graduate level courses because i know thats another option to make yourself competitive, please help me out. I will apply this coming summer any feedback will be highly appreciated. Iam so afraid of not getting in. Please help

Has anyone heard from the waitlist?