General Admissions & OTCAS TWU Denton/Dallas/Houston Mot Applicants Fall 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm still on the waitlist and keeping my fingers crossed that I get accepted.

Has anyone else reapplying been told that the only thing that is kept for the next application cycle is your transcripts?!?

Members don't see this ad.

Srod, yes. I emailed LaWana and that's what she told me.

I'm concerned about what will be a competitive score for the GRE since they don't ask for a minimum. Right now I have 152 on verbal, 147 on quantitative and 4.5 on writing... does anyone else already have GRE scores?

For those who are curious about how many applied:

There were about 450 applicants for Dallas MOT 2015 admission, and we have not been told exactly how many will be in the class, but simply "just over 45." So for Dallas odds were 1/10.

Re: Waitlist
Several people I know who have been accepted from the waitlist in previous years (including myself in 2009) were notified between April/May and as late as June. Dr. Pickens said last year they "went pretty deep" into the waitlist, because it was late when spots opened up and many people on list had made other plans or couldn't come with such late notice. So be ready for anything y'all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been accepted off the UTMB waitlist or denied their spot at UTMB to go elsewhere? I am currently on the waitlist there and really hoping to get in.

TWU-Dallas people, are there any people looking for roommates? I was accepted into the PT program and would be willing to meet up/Skype, or have you "stalk" my facebook. PM me if interested :)

Hey ya'll!
Just checking in with everyone. I've applied to both TWU & UTMB-this is my first go-around...and hoping the last time. It's nice to hear from all of you guys as this is such a stressful process! I've applied to only these two programs so hopefully we can all stay in the loop regarding interview invites (for UTMB, from my understanding TWU doesn't do this anymore) etc. I'm a non-traditional applicant but hoping my volunteering experiences, statement, and A- GPA can score me an interview!

Best of luck to everyone! Hopefully this will work out :banana:
Just wondering, how did you convey all your volunteering experiences? There isn't anywhere on the application where you can describe past experiences, etc. Did you submit a personal resume along with the application?

Hello everyone! First, congrats to everyone that got accepted! I also was accepted to the Dallas MOT program. My stats were actually not as impressive as most are, so I want to give hope to those who are still looking at schools.

I am currently finishing up my last semester of undergrad - graduating this spring. This was my first time applying.
- overall GPA when I applied was 3.55, but now I have a 3.6 overall.
- pre-req GPA - 3.67
- last 60 credits when I applied - ~ 3.9
- had about 100 volunteer hours under elderly and children OT practitioners.
Just wondering, how many OT reference letters did you submit? I have observed different OT's and was wondering if I could get letters from each and then send them all in, but not sure if that would be accepted?

Hi everyone!!! This question is directed at previous TWU OT students: what do you suggest we start reviewing before we start the first semester? By that I mean anatomy, neuro, etc. I want to be prepared before we start the semester. Thanks!!

I've been accepted from the TWU Houston waitlist!!!! I am beyond excited!!!

**happy dance***:)

Reactions: 2 users
I've been accepted from the TWU Houston waitlist!!!! I am beyond excited!!!

**happy dance***:)
Welcome to the OT class of 2017 future classmate!! I look forward to meeting you soon :claps::highfive:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you everyone!!! Can't wait to meet you guys!

Hopeandfaith22, I found out via email a couple of days ago. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone! I'm an MOT2 at TWU-Houston. Me and another upperclassman were looking to rent a home within a 20 minute drive to school (and share carpooling duties) for around $575/mo (utilities included). I also have a 4 y.o. corgi, just in case you're allergic to dogs! We'll be moving in by July 15-August 1st, if you're interested, please send me a message and let me know.

Best of luck in your applications! :)

Hey everyone! I'm an MOT2 at TWU-Houston. Me and another upperclassman were looking to rent a home within a 20 minute drive to school (and share carpooling duties) for around $575/mo (utilities included). I also have a 4 y.o. corgi, just in case you're allergic to dogs! We'll be moving in by July 15-August 1st, if you're interested, please send me a message and let me know.

Best of luck in your applications! :)
Hi! This is not relating to the apartment, but I wanted to know more or less what you recommend we review before we go into the first semester :) I look forward to seeing you there!

Hi! This is not relating to the apartment, but I wanted to know more or less what you recommend we review before we go into the first semester :) I look forward to seeing you there!

Just basic upper extremity anatomy. Other than that, just relax until school starts! Nothing you do will really prepare you enough for MOT grad school, it'll be a big shock either way. So if you're accepted, take it easy!

Reactions: 1 users
Just basic upper extremity anatomy. Other than that, just relax until school starts! Nothing you do will really prepare you enough for MOT grad school, it'll be a big shock either way. So if you're accepted, take it easy!
Ok thanks!! I'm very anxious to start :D

Just wondering, how many OT reference letters did you submit? I have observed different OT's and was wondering if I could get letters from each and then send them all in, but not sure if that would be accepted?

No you aren't able to submit letters from each of the OT's you observed. TWU only accepts 1 reference form from an OT under whom you have completed at least 20 hours observation. So you will have to choose which therapist you want to be your reference if you observed multiple OT's. Applicant also submit 1 reference from a professor/advisor, OR a work supervisor (who could be an OT).

Just wondering, how did you convey all your volunteering experiences? There isn't anywhere on the application where you can describe past experiences, etc. Did you submit a personal resume along with the application?

Yes, applicants fill in work history/resume as a part of the online application when it opens in September. If you have more relevant work history or academic awards etc. than the space provided in the online forms you can email in the added info. I definitely took advantage of this.

Depending on the essay question, you can try to work in your volunteer experiences in the essay. However, you might want to read some of the previous posts on essay suggestions - from me and a couple others. It is really important to stay on track with the prompt as well as present yourself in a unique way.

Last edited:

I submitted two different letters from the different outpatient clinics that I volunteered at. As long as you provide them with the total amount of hours you completed, it doesn't matter how many letters you turn into them. They just need proof, so get as many as you can!

Is anyone not able to log in to the immunizations site where we are supposed to upload our immunization record? It says we have to be enrolled to log in, and we haven't been registered for classes yet...

Hi all! I just received word that I was offered a position at TWU Houston for this fall! If anyone is looking for a roommate please contact me/find me on Facebook! My name is Reagan Lockwood :)

Hi all! I just received word that I was offered a position at TWU Houston for this fall!
...I just got accepted off of the wait list :)

That is A-MAZ-ING!!! Mid-July? Crazy. Congratulations!!! Enjoy jumping in with both feet. You can do it!

I was accepted off of the Dallas waitlist yesterday! I was so surprised and ecstatic!! I had pretty much given up hope on getting in this cycle, so it was amazing to get the call that I got in! I can't wait to start! :)

I was accepted off of the Dallas waitlist yesterday! I was so surprised and ecstatic!! I had pretty much given up hope on getting in this cycle, so it was amazing to get the call that I got in! I can't wait to start! :)

Yay! That is awesome!! When it got to be mid-June with no wait list acceptances and everybody in our Dallas class really locked in and committed, I honestly didn't think that anyone at all would be accepted off the Dallas wait list. This campus seems a bit more competitive than Houston and Denton. So, feel that much more proud that you made it!

Hey everyone!
Does anyone know of any online classes for the neuro prereq for Colorado and UTMB?!

Thank you and goodluck to all! :)