TWU, UNTHSC, Texas State Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rl91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone still in the process of completing their applications and such? Ugh, feeling super stressed now since I can work on these applications since summer school just finished.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't applied to UNTHSC yet. Still working on my personal statement, but everything else is done.

Reactions: 1 user
In general, when filling out the applications and asking for dates on "Honors, Achievements, etcs." Is it okay to just guestimate the date if we don't know the exact dates?

@Kuhdaytee Ah okay, I'm trying to work on it too, lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, it doesn't take too long! The essays were the worst part, for the PTCAS apps too.

I think it's okay. The schools aren't going to verify your honors.

@Kuhdaytee Ah, okay I see. Yeah! I'm actually almost done filling out the UNTHSC app but I still gotta get transcripts sent and such...and yes! The essay is the worst part I bet.

I'm going to be completing my application to UNTHSC soon, now that I finished my early decision application. Obviously it won't matter if I get accepted ED, but I want to have a backup plan ready since I won't have much time to finish it once I get my ED result back.

I am also in the process of completing all my applications. I will be applying to UTHSCSA, UNTHSC, Texas State, UT Southwestern, and U of St. Augustine (Austin).
I have my personal statement almost ready, it is just being proofread by a professor ;)
Would anyone mind sharing your statistics
University: Texas A&M San Antonio
Major: Exercise Science (Pre-PT)
Overall GPA: 3.36
Last 60 hours: 3.83
Last 90 hours: 3.89
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: Pending (Aug 2014)

Extra-Curric: Phi Theta Kappa member, Health Club Member, Kinesiology Student Representative

Volunteer: 113 Outpatient ( Free-standing PT or Hospital Clinic and Wellness/Preventation/Fitness)

@Kuhdaytee Do you know if UNTHSC takes the higher grade of the two of retakes? Do you know what schools in Texas do take the higher grade?

@Kuhdaytee Do you know if UNTHSC takes the higher grade of the two of retakes? Do you know what schools in Texas do take the higher grade?

Yes they do. I'm not looking into other Texas schools because they're too competitive (as they favor in-state applicants or consider cumulative GPA), so I don't know about other schools. I would check PTCAS, then their websites, then email/call if you can't find any info.

Just finished all my applications..well..just to TWU-Dallas and UNT.

Reactions: 1 users
I am also in the process of completing all my applications. I will be applying to UTHSCSA, UNTHSC, Texas State, UT Southwestern, and U of St. Augustine (Austin).
I have my personal statement almost ready, it is just being proofread by a professor ;)
Would anyone mind sharing your statistics
University: Texas A&M San Antonio
Major: Exercise Science (Pre-PT)
Overall GPA: 3.36
Last 60 hours: 3.83
Last 90 hours: 3.89
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: Pending (Aug 2014)

Extra-Curric: Phi Theta Kappa member, Health Club Member, Kinesiology Student Representative

Volunteer: 113 Outpatient ( Free-standing PT or Hospital Clinic and Wellness/Preventation/Fitness)
Have you heard anything from any of the schools? I also applied to UTSW. :D