TX resident: 3.4c,3.1s (tmdsas); 3.35c, 3.3s (aacomas)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pigglyjuff

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
MCAT 24, retaking this month.
Excellent LORs
Research, hospital volunteering, shadowing, part-time jobs, all the cookie-cutter elements.
Doing the MS at UNTHSC
Graduated from a large state school.
Huge upward trend (nike symbol shaped line).
Great PS :rolleyes:

For DO, how do I look for out of state schools? Many DO schools seem pretty regional bias, and a TX resident may not look the best for say KYCOM or WVSOM, etc.

For Texas MD, what MCAT score would I need to be competitive for TT, Foster, A&M, or San An? :oops: I'm thinking at LEAST a 28. Ideally at least a 32?

Members don't see this ad.

Excellent LORs
Research, hospital volunteering, shadowing, part-time jobs, all the cookie-cutter elements.
Doing the MS at UNTHSC

For DO, how do I look for out of state schools? Many DO schools seem pretty regional bias, and a TX resident may not look the best for say KYCOM or WVSOM, etc.

For Texas MD, what MCAT score would I need to be competitive for TT, Foster, A&M, or San An? :oops: I'm thinking at LEAST a 28. Ideally at least a 32?

For those MD schools, try to get at least a 30 or higher. I would say higher just cause of the sGPA you've got, but that MS will definitely help.

Excellent LORs
Doing the MS at UNTHSC

The acceptance curve drops sharply below a 28, but you've also got a low UG GPA working against you. Hopefully, your grad. GPA will be much higher.

Does UNT have any grad to DO programs you can qualify for? And have you compared OOS tuition costs?

For those MD schools, try to get at least a 30 or higher. I would say higher just cause of the sGPA you've got, but that MS will definitely help.

Haha, this is an ancient thread! I wish I would have gotten a 30 or above for the TX MD schools, but I received an interview to about 50% of the D.O. schools I applied to. :)