Typical ABCT Wait Times for Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

modestmousktr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I submitted to ABCT before the deadline and remembered that they stated acceptances for posters would be sent out in May. I haven't heard a rejection or acceptance yet, and was wondering if anyone heard anything? Or, if anyone has experience with this conference and knows if they are typically on time/late/etc.

Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Looking at my email history, I received confirmation of acceptance for a poster last year on 5/20.

Best of luck, there is still plenty of May left to hear back

I have not heard yet, and neither have any of my colleagues. Last year, I heard about acceptance on May 22. My sense is we'll all get emails sometime in the next week or two. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys! Thank you both so much for your replies! The acceptance came today :) it was my first time submitting to a more specific conference rather than just APA or APS so I was nervous. See some of you fellow SDNers there!

Reactions: 1 users
I just received my acceptance! So excited! It will be my first time presenting at ABCT :)

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have experience submitting as a "special interest" group? The deadline is in August and I am working on something now I plan to submit..

Yeah...what's your question?

I assume you're replying to me..

I heard they are a little more liberal with accepting these submissions, is this true (although I am pretty confident in my material anyways)? Also, sense the conference is on the other side of the country from me and is a significant investment, are the special submissions looked "down upon" compared to standard submissions?

Thanks

It depends on the SIG how competitive things are. My SIG has a review process and only half the presentations get accepted. Other SIGs only have 2 or 3 posters each year.

I am not aware of the SIG posters looked down upon, especially since nobody will even know that it was a SIG poster. I usually just indicate on my CV that it was a poster presented at ABCT, not whether it was a "full" or a SIG poster.

I assume you're replying to me..

I heard they are a little more liberal with accepting these submissions, is this true (although I am pretty confident in my material anyways)? Also, sense the conference is on the other side of the country from me and is a significant investment, are the special submissions looked "down upon" compared to standard submissions?

Thanks

Oh yeah, sorry for the posting mix-up.

Some are more liberal, some are more competitive. Any ABCT SIG can only accept a finite number of submission (I think that number is 15, I could be wrong though). Many SIGs get way more submissions than they can accept, others don't get enough applications. It really depends on where you submit.

Re: SIGS being looked down upon. I would say no. Like Marissa4usa said, it will just show up as ABCT on your CV. SIGs are also really good for networking with people who are in your same specialty. I ended up meeting my future adviser for the first time at a SIG.

It depends on the SIG how competitive things are. My SIG has a review process and only half the presentations get accepted. Other SIGs only have 2 or 3 posters each year.

I am not aware of the SIG posters looked down upon, especially since nobody will even know that it was a SIG poster. I usually just indicate on my CV that it was a poster presented at ABCT, not whether it was a "full" or a SIG poster.

Oh yeah, sorry for the posting mix-up.

Some are more liberal, some are more competitive. Any ABCT SIG can only accept a finite number of submission (I think that number is 15, I could be wrong though). Many SIGs get way more submissions than they can accept, others don't get enough applications. It really depends on where you submit.

Re: SIGS being looked down upon. I would say no. Like Marissa4usa said, it will just show up as ABCT on your CV. SIGs are also really good for networking with people who are in your same specialty. I ended up meeting my future adviser for the first time at a SIG.

Great, that answers my questions, thanks!

Do either of you know what the exact deadline is for SIG abstract submissions? I'm pretty sure it is sometime in July or August but I can't find any info on ABCT's webpage..

I really hope I get accepted because it would be nice (actually essential) to have it on my CV for the app cycle.. Anyways, thanks again.

Again, I think it depends on the SIG. Before you can submit to one, you usually have to become a member (dues for my SIG are something like 5$ a year). Once your a member, they will typically send out an email with more details.

You can also find out who the head of the SIG is and email them. Most people are happy to respond.

Reactions: 1 user