Typical number of credit hours during the semester of interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

virtualmaster999

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all!

Just wanted to get an opinion on the typical number of credit hours for the interview semester

So I'm taking 17 credit hours (but theres a lot of gen eds in there, since I saved them for last...big mistake), so its more "busy work" than difficulty I'd say.

-American Pluralism: 3
-Classical Myth: 3
-Music 101
-Anatomy and Phys. 1: 4
-Genetics Lab: 1
-Social work (3)

I think I should be FINE as long as I manage my time well...it's not a difficult course load, it's just managing this with interviews that seems like the issue.

Opinions? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

12 and a part time job, but somehow managed to have nothing on Fridays. Sooooo fingers crossed :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Plan is for 15, but I have taken 18 every semester so that is one less class. They will be mostly gen eds and one elective bio-yet to be determined. I'm trying not to have a lab that semester because they are hard to make up.

It depends on how many schools you applied to. If you didn't apply to that many then your course load isn't a big deal. However, if you have to go to a few interviews, then you might have some conflicts with your courses especially when exams roll around.

The upside to this is that you're probably setting up for an easy spring semester, which is always a plus.

I applied to 13 schools. So far 1 interview

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had to drop my history class which seems like it would cause the most problems, I would be between 17-20 credits. I don't mind if that's what it comes down to: gotta take

Anatomy 2
Microbio
Ethics
History class
Writing class

And possibly another writing class if I can't get a history class that double dips

11 credits. Really hoping that by the end of this drop/addweek I can arrange my classes to be on Tue, Wed, Thu only.

You think schools will mind if I dropped my history class? I originally was at 20 credits with neurobio but I dropped that because it would be too much, but with many interviews on MWF I would miss a lot of work on my history class

Members don't see this ad :)
I am taking 6 haha. I also am trying to secure a research position though, but won't know til next month. And then also will be working part time.

Does anyone know how schools would feel about dropping a non required class before the deadline? The schools I called we're fine with me dropping neurobio since it's not required. I just don't want them to think I'm just dropping classes for fun lol

Participation makes 20 percent of my grade for that history class and being absent more than five times would give me a 0 for that category. Not to mention it's a lot of writing..

Participation makes 20 percent of my grade for that history class and being absent more than five times would give me a 0 for that category. Not to mention it's a lot of writing..

I think it's fine, as long as it's not a withdrawal.

Is it past drop/add week? You'll probably have a W on your transcript

Does anyone know how schools would feel about dropping a non required class before the deadline? The schools I called we're fine with me dropping neurobio since it's not required. I just don't want them to think I'm just dropping classes for fun lol

They won't even get to see your schedule now until the Academic Update period. By then, some schools probably have you on the acceptance list already. Regardless, as long as you graduate on-time, I doubt anyone will care how you choose to take your classes. Do what you think is best.

I had 14 Scheduled and realized that my one class on Tuesdays and Thursday's is one of those labs where attendance is pretty much your grade. So, I dropped it and I'm down to 12 and it feels great going into this semester knowing any days I miss on Fridays or Mondays u can just catch up on all day Tuesday and Thursday.

Reactions: 1 user