U of Guelph ️

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kieradi721

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, wondering if anyone has applied to U of Guelph and what their status is? I've received my email and portal credentials today. Trying to get a feel for their timeline.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, that is Montreal's school that you are thinking of I believe.
Referring to the French fluency requirement

Gotcha. Had a feeling that could have been it. But yes, that's Montreal :)

I went to their website just to make sure I wasn't crazy, and yeah..definitely Montreal haha

Reactions: 1 user
Ah, I wondered. I guess one could say Guelph does have a language requirement -- for English.

Any fellow Canadians out there? Ill be applying to Guelph in December... they start the resident application process so late!

Hi all, wondering if anyone has applied to U of Guelph and what their status is? I've received my email and portal credentials today. Trying to get a feel for their timeline.
are you applying as an international student?

No, that is Montreal's school that you are thinking of I believe.
Referring to the French fluency requirement

Oops, definitely was a knee-jerk post. For some reason I thought Guelph was the vet school in the Netherlands with the Dutch requirement. Wrong continent. Haha :smack: Carry on lol

Oops, definitely was a knee-jerk post. For some reason I thought Guelph was the vet school in the Netherlands with the Dutch requirement. Wrong continent. Haha :smack: Carry on lol

No worries ;) so, if you speak English...apply!

Any fellow Canadians out there? Ill be applying to Guelph in December... they start the resident application process so late!
Yup! I'll be applying in December too. Will be my 3rd time applying! 1st time no interview, 2nd time interview but refused...so hoping 3rd time is the charm!

Yup! I'll be applying in December too. Will be my 3rd time applying! 1st time no interview, 2nd time interview but refused...so hoping 3rd time is the charm!
Wishing you good luck this year! Maybe we will be classmates next fall LOL :D

I am applying as an Ontario resident again... I am hopelessly depressed. The average for admitted students is 89%. That was BEFORE they removed the MCAT. So it will either stay the same or go up this year.

Damn those dogs looks cute mollyandcody

Last edited:
I've heard the western provinces can apply to Guelph as international students. Is this correct or would we be applying as a Canadian resident? I'm not applying this year, but considering it if I don't get into WCVM this year.

I've heard the western provinces can apply to Guelph as international students. Is this correct or would we be applying as a Canadian resident? I'm not applying this year, but considering it if I don't get into WCVM this year.

Nope - the only Canadians that can apply are Ontario residents. "Canadian citizens (including dual citizens) and those with permanent residency status must be residents of Ontario in order to apply to the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) program at the Ontario Veterinary College (OVC)......[also].....the Ontario Veterinary College (OVC) accepts up to 15 U.S. and international (non-Canadian) students." http://www.ovc.uoguelph.ca/recruitment/en/applyingtodvm/canadianstudents.asp

Yeah, like @CalliopeDVM said, only internationals can apply for international spots. Which I think is stupid, personally. Why not open it to everyone? The tuition is gained either way. Same with AVC.

Yeah, like @CalliopeDVM said, only internationals can apply for international spots. Which I think is stupid, personally. Why not open it to everyone? The tuition is gained either way. Same with AVC.

Okay. That does seem dumb that they wouldn't even let other Canadians apply as international. Weird.

You're a Canadian resident after you've lived here for 12 months without being in school, 4 summers, a year working, the year you lived here in the 3rd grade...