U of U help out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wAxIe

Let me in...please!!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to SDN and have recently been accepted in the University of Utah. :clap:
I have some questions concerning the whole process. Is there anybody that can help me out? Any student body/reps outh there? Where to live? Culture? When should I move to Utah? I'm really excited and just want to get going. Thanx! ;)

Members don't see this ad.

wAxIe said:
Hello, I'm new to SDN and have recently been accepted in the University of Utah. :clap:
I have some questions concerning the whole process. Is there anybody that can help me out? Any student body/reps outh there? Where to live? Culture? When should I move to Utah? I'm really excited and just want to get going. Thanx! ;)
congrat on your acceptance. :thumbup: The U is a great school and you'll like it here. I'm not a med student at the U (I wish), but I do know there are a lot of students that will help you out. I do know that "medicine bird" is the class president of the MSI students. Try to get a hold of her but other that that, good luck. Hope to see ya around. :thumbup:
p.s.-love the avatar... :p

Oh yea, Utah 38 Georgie Tech 10?
Can you say "OVERRATED **clap clap clap clap clap** OVERRATED"!!
Tech, you blow. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
wAxIe said:

Congrats on your acceptance!! Utah has some pretty cheap housing. My best friend lives towntown in SLC and pays $500 for a 1 bedroom/1 bathroom with a big kitchen and a big living room. If I were you, I would live downtown. The trax system runs from downtown SLC right to the U main campus. Therefore, you don't have to find parking (although waiting for the trax can be a bit cold in winter). You are close to campus but far enough to get away from the stress of med school if you wish. Also, if you are into the bar scene, the fun bars are pretty much centrally located in downtown. Again, congrats on your med school acceptance. Utah is a beautiful state. Great skiing too!! :thumbup:

lynn42 said:
Congrats on your acceptance!! Utah has some pretty cheap housing. My best friend lives towntown in SLC and pays $500 for a 1 bedroom/1 bathroom with a big kitchen and a big living room. If I were you, I would live downtown. The trax system runs from downtown SLC right to the U main campus. Therefore, you don't have to find parking (although waiting for the trax can be a bit cold in winter). You are close to campus but far enough to get away from the stress of med school if you wish. Also, if you are into the bar scene, the fun bars are pretty much centrally located in downtown. Again, congrats on your med school acceptance. Utah is a beautiful state. Great skiing too!! :thumbup:
Thank you!! I'll pm you and get some info. I loved Utah during my visit and am excited to see y'all there!!! :clap:

wAxIe said:
when did u interview?

SDN9876 said:
welcome to mormon heaven. :laugh:

Actually I believe that would be Provo. Now if BYU ever moves to Salt Lake then maybe...

SDN9876 said:
welcome to mormon heaven. :laugh:

not so much. do you know anything about rocky anderson?... i didn't think so.

SDN9876 said:
Hey sweetie,

Why did you answer your own question if you already knew the answer? Just for the record, I know all about rocky anderson, LDS raised mayor who is now does things and support things that would be very non-LDS like. So yea I do know about rocky.

Love,
SDN9876

then you would probably also know that there is a whole lot more to salt lake city than just the mormon church, sweetie.

SDN9876 said:
Panties in a bunch much? :laugh:

Gosh, that is just SO concise. Wherever did you learn how to argue so effectively? :laugh:

SDN9876 said:
Panties in a bunch much? :laugh:

not really. i'm just a fan of salt lake and a native utahn, and i've seen how, in other threads about the university of utah, discussions generally turn into an assault on the mormon church, suggesting that the church and slc are essentially the same thing. although the lds church is a large part of salt lake (and utah heritage more generally), the city has definitely evolved into a very diverse area, a great place to live, and a fantastic place to be educated. so, no, this has very very little to do with my panties (although sweet of you to speculate), and a whole lot more to do with being proud of where i came from.

so i am a first year at the U. if you have any more questions feel free to PM me. this thread seems to have deteriorated somewhat, so i wont post a long thing here about the U of U. suffice to say that I am a jewish hippe from vermont, and i still like it here. if you need more info, let me know.

so i am a first year at the U. if you have any more questions feel free to PM me. this thread seems to have deteriorated somewhat, so i wont post a long thing here about the U of U. suffice to say that I am a jewish hippe from vermont, and i still like it here. if you need more info, let me know.