U.Penn 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daaru

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For applicants applying to the upcoming PASS program at U. Penn, here is some information provided by Sharon from the staff / office. It's copied from the e-mail reply. Please share with whoever needs :

1. Please let applicants know they do not have to wait to hear from me before sending their supplemental materials. They can do that right away.

2. They do not have to wait on their scores before submitting their supplemental application, it just holds up the process. They can always send scores in separately.

3. Please READ the website for requirements and information. When in doubt, please contact me. Do not rely on each other’s word, which may be incorrect.

Hope that helps.

Good Luck !

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
i think so,thanks for your sharing
QelDNW

Members don't see this ad :)
Any news from Penn Dental? They should start sending ivs this week right? :eyebrow:

they r gonna send invite ghis week? hw did you knw?

Are you guys tlking about the invites for the 2016 cycle?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

In my completion email they say they will start sending ivs in early May.... and for this year application the school will start in January 2017 instead of by the end of March as they used to be.... So my guessing is that everything, good or bad, will be earlier this year... :barf:

For applicants applying to the upcoming PASS program at U. Penn, here is some information provided by Sharon from the staff / office. It's copied from the e-mail reply. Please share with whoever needs :

1. Please let applicants know they do not have to wait to hear from me before sending their supplemental materials. They can do that right away.

2. They do not have to wait on their scores before submitting their supplemental application, it just holds up the process. They can always send scores in separately.

3. Please READ the website for requirements and information. When in doubt, please contact me. Do not rely on each other’s word, which may be incorrect.

Hope that helps.

Good Luck !

Do you know when they will start sending ivs? Thanks for the previous info!

In my completion email they say they will start sending ivs in late-May

In my completion email they say they will start sending ivs in late-May

Mine says as follow : "Should the Admissions Committee grant you an invitation for a personal interview in Philadelphia, you will be contacted via email. We will begin sending interview invitations in early May. Interviews will be conducted in June and August."

So it would be this week I guess - if it says early May

Members don't see this ad :)
Somebody in caapid posted that she called and they said that admission committee is still working in a list of candidates to interview.... :xf: :cat:

Is it early enough if I applied on the 20th of April ???

Just mail docs today, i hope its not too late

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

They started sending ivs already. Someone I know got one.

Do you know the application completion date for the person who received the interview call?
Thanks

Hello Macdoc81, do you happen to know the status of the person who got the interview call? Thanks in advance

They send in batches. ivs will be in June, July and September. 7-8 candidates each batch for a total of around 60-75 candidates (all this info is from their website and what people say in our caapid 2017 group).

I sent my docs since March 1st and got a completion email today... Very weird...

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

I sent my docs since March 1st and got a completion email today... Very weird...

They received my stuff in March 7 and I got an answer that very same day. Indeed it is very odd your so-late completion email.

I had to email Sharon to ask if they will send me an "application complete and under review" email. Surely, after a couple of days I got the email. I think it just depends on how busy they are, but I feel it is a necessary courtesy that should be extended by all schools. We are all paying $$ to send in our applications and the least they can do is to let us know that they have received our application and will be reviewing it.

i wonder if people who apply in the end of may get considered since they are on a rolling basis. i'm so worried that the documents even though reach before the deadline dont get considered.

beyond smiles,
I think everything depends on your credentials as an applicant. If you have what the program is looking for you will be considered no matter how early or late you submitted your application, however, always always a completion application before deadline is what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

They received my stuff in March 7 and I got an answer that very same day. Indeed it is very odd your so-late completion email.

I know. I did call them, and also emailed them. But, let's see what happen now.
Did you receive any IV invitation from the program? That's what I'm hoping.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

MACDOC81: Thanks for replying. However, I was wondering if any of you know the stats of those people who got the interview call?

No news from UPENN? Anyone got a IV email?

I got a booklet from university of Penn, saying thank you for your interest in our program. Does that mean any thing? Have any one of you received it ?

I got a booklet from university of Penn, saying thank you for your interest in our program. Does that mean any thing? Have any one of you received it ?

They send it to all the applicants after completion email.

I submitted my application on 1at June, I received interview invitation email yesterday, It is amazing, anyone else got interview call? Please let me know.

dev16, wow congratulations! do you mind sharing your stats?

Thank you, tell me what would u like to know? I thought I am not gonna get interview call because I didn't prepare for TOEFL, and took the test got only 94. So only TOEFL is not important..

Thank you, tell me what would u like to know? I thought I am not gonna get interview call because I didn't prepare for TOEFL, and took the test got only 94. So only TOEFL is not important..
Congratulations, that was so fast. When did you get your completion email? The speed you got iv was even faster than some others' completion emails.
You must be super outstanding.
How about your other stats? something like GPA, NBDE, US experiences?