U Pitt?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MiniPri

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does U Pitt send out automatic interviews or is the secondary required?

Members don't see this ad.

MiniPri said:
Does U Pitt send out automatic interviews or is the secondary required?

From what I've read here, early in the process there are like 200 automatic invites, but after those the process is the same as in the others (w/secondary). I'm not completely sure about it but that's my understanding. Hope it helps! (you can do a search, there are some posts about UPitt and the autom.interview)

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I've read here, early in the process there are like 200 automatic invites, but after those the process is the same as in the others (w/secondary). I'm not completely sure about it but that's my understanding. Hope it helps! (you can do a search, there are some posts about UPitt and the autom.interview)

bump...is this true? has pitt stopped sending out auto invites? i havent seen many people getting invites to pitt lately, so maybe this is the case?

No, they didn't stop. I just got one yesterday morning after having submitted my secondary less than twelve hours before.

No, they didn't stop. I just got one yesterday morning after having submitted my secondary less than twelve hours before.

This leads me to believe that maybe the invite isn't completely automatic. It seems more likely that they screen you AMCAS when they receive it, and if you're qualified, they'll put you into the computer to have them send you an invite whenever it is you submit your secondary. That way it seems "automatic". I don't think it would be that smart of a school to send so many interview invites automatically without considering other parts of the app. What if there were a problem with other parts of the app?