U.S. BS graduate for medical school in south korea

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oli33ful

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone knows if Korean medical schools accept U.S. non-asian graduates. If yes, what's the process? how can one apply? what schools ? financial aids /loans available? residency match success in U.S?
I tried to search for info by looking directly at the schools' website but couldn't find anything.

Members don't see this ad.

You probably have to speak Korean though to a level where you can converse and probably have to know written Korean to pass some sort of test and probably to a university level. I really doubt many people outside Korea are going to have that capability.

If you are asking about whether or not they have English programs, they don't. My guess is most people who study there plan on staying there and I've never heard of foreigners going to Korea for Medicine.

You probably have to speak Korean though to a level where you can converse and probably have to know written Korean to pass some sort of test and probably to a university level. I really doubt many people outside Korea are going to have that capability.

If you are asking about whether or not they have English programs, they don't. My guess is most people who study there plan on staying there and I've never heard of foreigners going to Korea for Medicine.

Thanks a lot for your response, yeah I figured that. I even called some schools and they couldn't even answer my questions in English.