U Washington SOD Admission Inquiry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gobblergiant

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does U Washington SOD only accept students from WA and WICHE states or those who went to college or h.s. there? I just got an e-mail implying that. I am an Alabama resident.

Members don't see this ad.

From my understanding, yes. I have a UW undergraduate degree and didn't even apply this cycle because I figured it be a waste of money on my part (and money was super tight this year). I love that school and city though! I think they accept only one or two applicants who aren't in those groups.

Kansas resident FYI

If I may ask, what does your email say about people who went to college there? Might be a better possibility than I thought for me next cycle if I don't get in this year. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I've always been told, WICHE states and their feeder schools have preference

Reactions: 1 user
No, some of the dental students at my interview day were from like, California. It's just a much higher percent are from Washington and WICHE

No, some of the dental students at my interview day were from like, California. It's just a much higher percent are from Washington and WICHE
California is in WICHE.
WICHE states are:
1. Alaska
2. Arizona
3. Cali
4. Colorado
5. CNMI (? no idea where this is)
6. Hawaii
7. Idaho
8. Montana
9. Nevada
10. New Mexico
11. North Dakota
12. Oregon
13. South Dakota
14. Utah
15. Washington
16. Wyoming

(taken from the WICHE website)

You should definitely email the admins about the WA college thing. I think I briefly heard an admin during my interview that UW only considers which university/high school you attended.
Update: Just asked my classmate who is a resident outside of the WA and the WICHE states. Did their undergrad at UW and is in our class. So @wjc, possibly next cycle?

Reactions: 1 user
California is in WICHE.
WICHE states are:
1. Alaska
2. Arizona
3. Cali
4. Colorado
6. Hawaii
7. Idaho
8. Montana
9. Nevada
10. New Mexico
11. North Dakota
12. Oregon
13. South Dakota
14. Utah
15. Washington
16. Wyoming

You should definitely email the admins about the WA college thing. I think I briefly heard an admin during my interview that UW only considers which university/high school you attended.
Update: Just asked my classmate who is a resident outside of the WA and the WICHE states. Did their undergrad at UW and is in our class. So @wjc, possibly next cycle?
Wow my bad I think I got WICHE confused with something else, sorry!

California is in WICHE.
WICHE states are:
1. Alaska
2. Arizona
3. Cali
4. Colorado
6. Hawaii
7. Idaho
8. Montana
9. Nevada
10. New Mexico
11. North Dakota
12. Oregon
13. South Dakota
14. Utah
15. Washington
16. Wyoming

Hey, thank you! I will look into it. I was fortunate to get 2 pre-December interviews after applying to 6 schools this cycle, and I'll be turning 39 this month, so hopefully won't have to wait until next cycle! If I do, I am going to apply to a bunch of schools and UW will be one whether I stand a good chance or not.