UAB vs UF dental

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2019DR

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any insights on differences between these schools? Extremely blessed to have been accepted to both and trying to make my final decision! I will be instate for FL!

Members don't see this ad.

UF for sure, lemme get a chance at that OOS spot for UAB haha.

I can't put in any actual input since I've never seen UF. Just curious though what are your stats and when did you get accepted?

Reactions: 1 user
Both I heard are great schools. UF is normally suggested for in-state, but if I remember correctly, UAB is just as cheap if not cheaper.

For what it's worth, I got into UF and am not going. Went to UF undergrad and need a change of scenery after four years!

Members don't see this ad :)
UAB, because Dr. Filler is awesome and so is the school

Reactions: 1 user
Both I heard are great schools. UF is normally suggested for in-state, but if I remember correctly, UAB is just as cheap if not cheaper.

For what it's worth, I got into UF and am not going. Went to UF undergrad and need a change of scenery after four years!
I remember one guy here decided to attend UAB instead of UF (Florida residency) because he got a fellowship sort of thing from them.

Thanks for your input!

@Joecardo I have a overall Dat of 20 and gpa of 3.89!

Brazilian rider, did you ever get the chance to shadow in the clinics at UF during undergrad ??

Brazilian rider, did you ever get the chance to shadow in the clinics at UF during undergrad ??

Yes. The staff and students there are top notch. The actual building is "older," but the equipment and everything is up-to-date.

The school is amazing by all accounts, I just want out after living four years in this small city.

Any insights on differences between these schools? Extremely blessed to have been accepted to both and trying to make my final decision! I will be instate for FL!
Congrats!
I am instate for FL too, got into UF but chose UAB, went back to Birmingham for a second visit and knew I picked the school for me! Good luck on your choice maybe I'll see you in Birmingham :)

I'll be the devil's advocate and say UF just because. :p