UAMS CoP c/o '14

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crazybob

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a first year pharmacy student at UAMS, and I was just wondering how many people on SDN were applying/interviewing for Fall 2010. I can answer any questions you have about the school. PMs would work best if you have specific questions.

(Optional) If you want to, list your:
Undergrad:
Major:
Grad school
(if applicable):
Field of study (if applicable):
Current City (and state):
Hometown:

Members don't see this ad.

Bump. Does anyone know about anyone on SDN (or any of your friends) who is applying to this school this year? So far I know only two people on SDN who are applying here.

Bump. Does anyone know about anyone on SDN (or any of your friends) who is applying to this school this year? So far I know only two people on SDN who are applying here.

I'll be glad to throw my hat in the ring once I take that o-chem junk.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a first year pharmacy student at UAMS, and I was just wondering how many people on SDN were applying/interviewing for Fall 2010. I can answer any questions you have about the school. PMs would work best if you have specific questions.

Undergrad: UALR
Major: No. Colonel.
Field of study (if applicable): Anatomical anomalies (six toes?!)
Current City (and state): North Little Rock

I actually got the email today scheduling my interview for Feb 5. I'm pretty pumped. That is my one and only app, so all my eggs are firmly in the UAMS basket. If I don't get in, I will begin pursuit of my other calling: plasma supplier :(
Jokes aside, I am a little nervous about the interview, but I've been discussing possible questions with co-workers. I just hope I don't get asked something politically or religiously radioactive.

Undergrad: UALR
Major: No. Colonel.
Field of study (if applicable): Anatomical anomalies (six toes?!)
Current City (and state): North Little Rock

I actually got the email today scheduling my interview for Feb 5. I'm pretty pumped. That is my one and only app, so all my eggs are firmly in the UAMS basket. If I don't get in, I will begin pursuit of my other calling: plasma supplier :(
Jokes aside, I am a little nervous about the interview, but I've been discussing possible questions with co-workers. I just hope I don't get asked something politically or religiously radioactive.

If you remember the types of questions I told you about, things should go well. They might make up completely different questions this year, so you have to keep that in mind.

I talked to one of the associate deans (through email) and I might be talking with you guys before you go into your interviews. She said that it would be nice to have applicants talk to some of the current students, so I might be one of the current pharmacy students you talk to at the interview.

I lol'd at the "Major: No. Colonel." :laugh:

I also applied only to UAMS and applied only at this school.

Last edited:
Go easy on me okay <3

It would be very unlikely that they would put P1-P3 students in the interviews. They usually pick P4 students, professors, and other staff or faculty.

I've heard from my school that we have about 50 applicants interviewing next friday. Does anyone else know their interview dates yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Bob,

I have applied to UAMS for Fall 2010. Any advice for the interviews?

Hey Bob,

I have applied to UAMS for Fall 2010. Any advice for the interviews?

Have you had your interview yet? What day is your interview supposed to be?

Last edited:
How does one log over 2,000 posts in under one year of being on SDN Crazy Bob????? Do you even study at UAMS????

UAMS is the only pharm school that I applied to also. My interview is this Friday 2/19/2010. I'll take any advice!

UAMS is the only pharm school that I applied to also. My interview is this Friday 2/19/2010. I'll take any advice!

First of all, good luck on your interview on Friday.

Remember that the interview process is a chance for the admissions committee and some of the professors to get to know you, so ask any questions that you think of on your interview day. During your interview, read the questions carefully and consider possible questions you may be asked after you answer the first question. You never know if you end up talking about something that never crossed your mind, but it was related to the question you were assigned.

I can't really give you specific advice, unless you have specific questions. Send me a PM if you think of anything.

First of all, good luck on your interview on Friday.

Remember that the interview process is a chance for the admissions committee and some of the professors to get to know you, so ask any questions that you think of on your interview day. During your interview, read the questions carefully and consider possible questions you may be asked after you answer the first question. You never know if you end up talking about something that never crossed your mind, but it was related to the question you were assigned.

I can't really give you specific advice, unless you have specific questions. Send me a PM if you think of anything.

You're given the questions, or some, that will be a component of your interview?

You're given the questions, or some, that will be a component of your interview?

You are given the questions a minute or two before you have to answer them. Then depending on what you discuss, there will be more questions from your interviewer.

I heard there was around 270 or so people that applied but some did not get all there stuff in on time. My interview is Friday and I am nervous but excited. Let me know if anyone else has any other advice they would like to share! Also.... when do they send out acceptance letters? just curious!

I heard there was around 270 or so people that applied but some did not get all there stuff in on time. My interview is Friday and I am nervous but excited. Let me know if anyone else has any other advice they would like to share! Also.... when do they send out acceptance letters? just curious!

Last year, I got my acceptance letter on April 17th (Friday).

So how many of those applicants didn't get their stuff in on time? Was it just from one school? Where did you hear about this?

interviewing on the 19th :)

If you have specific questions, send me a PM.

I had my interview Feb. 19th, it really wasn't so bad. They said they'd let everyone know by the third week in April and that they were accepting 119 people, some girl who got accepted last year ended up getting pregnant and delaying for a year. I was kinda worried about my chances because my cumulative GPA is below the average but I got my new PCAT scores in for Jan., 90 percentile. It really surprised me the number of people who were @ the interview who weren't planning on obtaining there bachelor's degree before entering school. I know that the minimum for admissions doesn't require a degree. Does anyone know how common this is for pharmacy schools around the nation?

I had my interview Feb. 19th, it really wasn't so bad. They said they'd let everyone know by the third week in April and that they were accepting 119 people, some girl who got accepted last year ended up getting pregnant and delaying for a year. I was kinda worried about my chances because my cumulative GPA is below the average but I got my new PCAT scores in for Jan., 90 percentile. It really surprised me the number of people who were @ the interview who weren't planning on obtaining there bachelor's degree before entering school. I know that the minimum for admissions doesn't require a degree. Does anyone know how common this is for pharmacy schools around the nation?

I've heard that in places like Cali and NY, it's fairly common to have degrees first before pharmacy school.

you think there is an advantage for ppl with a degree or not?

you think there is an advantage for ppl with a degree or not?

There is, but it all depends on other factors too (like experiences working with customers, working in a pharmacy, doing research, your level of professionalism, etc.)

3rd week in April is when they said letters will be mailed!!!!!! The countdown begins!

does anyone know for sure how many people were interviewed for 2010 class? jw! I know the number of applicants but as to how many actually interviewed at UAMS is what I was wondering!

does anyone know for sure how many people were interviewed for 2010 class? jw! I know the number of applicants but as to how many actually interviewed at UAMS is what I was wondering!

Last year, they told us 285 applicants, 240 people interviewed, and 120 accepted. So the numbers might be similar.

It seems that most schools do rolling admissions... Why is UAMS a "Let everyone know @ one time" type of school, or is it just the Pharmacy program? I'm from Memphis and most of my friends in and applying to various medical programs w/in the UT/Memphis science school find out where they stand the day after the interview, accepted or wait-listed. I think they told us the applicant field was close to four hundred when I went to my interview on 2/19/10 and that the magic number is 119...

It seems that most schools do rolling admissions... Why is UAMS a "Let everyone know @ one time" type of school, or is it just the Pharmacy program? I'm from Memphis and most of my friends in and applying to various medical programs w/in the UT/Memphis science school find out where they stand the day after the interview, accepted or wait-listed. I think they told us the applicant field was close to four hundred when I went to my interview on 2/19/10 and that the magic number is 119...

The admissions committee meets in April to make decisions on all applicants they interviewed.

i doubt there was close to 400 applicants...

I believe they told us this was their largest applicant field they've had... 400 didn't sound too ridiculous to me. Also, I heard something (can't verify) about this being one of the first years they've accepted more "out of state" applications, I guess depending on your ties to the state... Is this the reason they don't use the Pharmkast system for applications?

I believe they told us this was their largest applicant field they've had... 400 didn't sound too ridiculous to me. Also, I heard something (can't verify) about this being one of the first years they've accepted more "out of state" applications, I guess depending on your ties to the state... Is this the reason they don't use the Pharmkast system for applications?

I have no idea why they don't use PharmCAS. They might just have different questions to ask you that the PharmCAS doesn't cover in the application.

I looked at the packet UAMS gave me at my interview and it said " There are approximately 300 appplicants for the fall 2010 class."

I looked at the packet UAMS gave me at my interview and it said " There are approximately 300 appplicants for the fall 2010 class."

That sounds about right. Just because your interview number was 120 in February doesn't mean there were another 120 in March. People say that the first few weeks tend to have many applicants interviewing, and then the later weeks tend to have relatively fewer applicants.

so I have a random question..... does uams send everyone a financial aid packet before they send acceptance letters... I know some people who have received the packets and some that havent

so I have a random question..... does uams send everyone a financial aid packet before they send acceptance letters... I know some people who have received the packets and some that havent

those are sent separately by different offices. You have to fill out your FAFSA or it could be if you are offered a scholarship or a loan or a grant.

mailing letters April 15... let the waiting and nervousness begin!

Letters are getting mailed today!!!!!!!!!!:soexcited:

i live in western Ar... so I am hoping for sat. although friday would be great lol

So is anyone brave enough to admit to finding out about UAMS?

I got in!!! I got my acceptance letter sat... I was oh so excited! Crazybob--- do you have an suggestions on places to live in LR? I have a roommate and we are trying to find somewhere close to school but still in a safe neighborhood

I got in!!! I got my acceptance letter sat... I was oh so excited! Crazybob--- do you have an suggestions on places to live in LR? I have a roommate and we are trying to find somewhere close to school but still in a safe neighborhood

Congrats.

Tell me about your experience with it all.

And invest in a Taser. ;) lol jk

Not necessary in my neighborhood :laugh:

There's one police station 5 minutes from home, and another one 5 minutes from home in the other direction.

That's five minutes of machete wielding psycho you'll have to endure!

lol....once again, jk!