UAMS CoP c/o '14

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hmm.. I wonder if my neighbor and friend who has been in the Air Force could help :laugh:

Hmmm

I bet he would bring Dr. Colt, serving since 1911, in to help, lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Was just reading this....

http://www.uams.edu/cop/current_students/curriculum/default.asp

Then I read the course descriptions out of the catalot....

http://www.uams.edu/cop/prospective_students/pdf_files/catalog.pdf

I've got to say, from reading, it appears that there is a lot of perspective given to pathophysiology and disease which makes it all the more appealing, IMHO. That's pretty cool. Anyone care to expound on their experiences?

Ahem....Bob?

Definitely. Especially in courses like A&P I and II, and Therapeutics I, II, and III.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got in as well! Got my letter last Friday.

Bob, what have you heard about the on-campus apartments? Was thinking about maybe getting one of the larger ones, but wanted to check them out first. Do the people that live there have a place to park?

I got in as well! Got my letter last Friday.

Bob, what have you heard about the on-campus apartments? Was thinking about maybe getting one of the larger ones, but wanted to check them out first. Do the people that live there have a place to park?

I'm living on-campus next year.

This year, there was about 10% of the class living there. Most of them said they like it, but others said that the rooms are smaller than what they thought it would be.

The parking situation is kinda complicated, but they do get places to park.

ArkansasRanger--- just send me a PM and I'll tell you anything you want to know about the whole process.. Im sure crazybob is the same way too since I asked him about the interview process

ArkansasRanger--- just send me a PM and I'll tell you anything you want to know about the whole process.. Im sure crazybob is the same way too since I asked him about the interview process

He has already sent me a PM before.

We've had conversations about stuff other than the interview process, so I'm sure he would ask about any questions he has :laugh:

Will do. :thumbup:

Does the pharm school guarantee Arkansans an interview like the med school does?

Last edited:
No answer? I'm hurt, lol.

Does UAMS CoP have mandatory interviews for AR residents?

No answer? I'm hurt, lol.

Does UAMS CoP have mandatory interviews for AR residents?

I think... But I'm not sure. I think it's the med school that says they will interview every applicant from Arkansas

I just wanted to remind everyone to check our school's website for the changes in Tuition+Fees.

I am considering applying here but noticed on the site that they are not real big on accepting OOS students.

It's still worth a try. We've had people from CO, MO, LA, TN, and other states go to school here.

crazybob, do you mind elaborating on the types of questions you were talking about here?

If you remember the types of questions I told you about, things should go well. They might make up completely different questions this year, so you have to keep that in mind.

I talked to one of the associate deans (through email) and I might be talking with you guys before you go into your interviews. She said that it would be nice to have applicants talk to some of the current students, so I might be one of the current pharmacy students you talk to at the interview.

I lol'd at the "Major: No. Colonel." :laugh:

I also applied only to UAMS and applied only at this school.

crazybob, do you mind elaborating on the types of questions you were talking about here?

The questions I talked about are several years old.

The ones you will be getting are very likely to be different.