UBC PHARMACY CLASS OF 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah I paid $250 today. Not sure where $100 came from
Are you a UBC student already? I know simon0923 is not so I'm guessing that could be what the additional amount was for. I could have made a mistake but I went back and looked at my receipt and it said 100 dollars. I may have a balance on my ssc for 150. Who knows.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey guys, anyone know about whether prereqs are still important after the interviews? I have organic chemistry credits from 2 universities after transferring. And one of them is technically a first-year course, but transfers as a second-year course at the university I graduated from. I also can't find any info about these on the course-equivalency pdf.
Having not heard anything this week I decided to email them about my situation today. They would have seen my "courses in progress" in the first transcript I sent in and noticed that I don't have 2 second-level org chems. :S
Any info helps!!
Hi Seitron I actually emailed Ian about this way before applying. in order to get an interview they look at your last 30 credits and pre-requisite courses. Once you have an interview they look at your interview score and the actual pharm application itself (essay, volunteer etc...). The transcript of your grades for Jan-April is only used to make sure that you keep the 65% average required. I hope this helps/helped answer your question.

Hi Seitron I actually emailed Ian about this way before applying. in order to get an interview they look at your last 30 credits and pre-requisite courses. Once you have an interview they look at your interview score and the actual pharm application itself (essay, volunteer etc...). The transcript of your grades for Jan-April is only used to make sure that you keep the 65% average required. I hope this helps/helped answer your question.
I see. Thanks!
To everyone still waiting to hear back:
I called enrollment about my situation and they responded that everything's fine with my prerequisites and they "just need to read my personal profile". So don't lose hope yet! They only received my final transcript last Wednesday.

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I heard, if you're already a UBC student, the deposit is $100, but for all other students, the deposit is $250 :).

Hi Studentsss, I'm also waiting to hear back from UBC. Hopefully they will respond soon :)

Glad to know I'm not the only one still waiting for a response...it feels like everything is taking longer this year, compared to all the other previous application cycles! :rolleyes:

Glad to know I'm not the only one still waiting for a response...it feels like everything is taking longer this year, compared to all the other previous application cycles! :rolleyes:

The deadline to accept for students offered a spot last week was today soo... hopefully they will get back to us soon?? :unsure:

The deadline to accept for students offered a spot last week was today soo... hopefully they will get back to us soon?? :unsure:

Ya, I'm hoping it will be tomorrow! I'm getting tired of being stuck in limbo, and not knowing how to plan my upcoming year! :arghh:

So much for "two to four weeks"
Anyone else heard back yet?

So much for "two to four weeks"
Anyone else heard back yet?

I know what you mean. I kept refreshing my Inbox on my phone every 30 minutes today :(...gosh.

I think I'm going to either give them a call or send them an email on Monday!

I know what you mean. I kept refreshing my Inbox on my phone every 30 minutes today :(...gosh.

I think I'm going to either give them a call or send them an email on Monday!

Can you let us know what they say if you call/ email them on Monday please? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, I just contacted the Pharmacy department, and I was told that all applicants would be notified of the results of their applications by the end of the day tomorrow.

The wait continues...I'll post right when I hear anything (regardless of what the result is) and I hope you guys will, too! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Did anybody hear anything today? I didn't get anything :(...I was told yesterday that we would all hear by the end of the day today :(.

Did anybody hear anything today? I didn't get anything :(...I was told yesterday that we would all hear by the end of the day today :(.
Same nothing today either. The waiting is getting painful at this point.

Got nothing. I emailed them last Friday (May 29) and they told me all of the applicants will be informed of their status by next week. So it could be anytime this week I suppose.

Oh man....they told me yesterday that it would be specifically by the end of today - I was so hopeful that we would finally know, once and for all! :(

I guess I'll talk to you guys tomorrow....hopefully we'll be able to post that we finally heard! :shrug:

Got an acceptance email today at around 11:35AM! Thanks for the support and hope to hear good news from you all too.

Got my rejection this afternoon. Congrats to everyone who got in!

Thanks so much to everyone for posting their results! Regardless of whatever the result is, I'm really grateful for all the support we gave each other :)...it really made a difference.

It looks like I'll still be on this thread for the rest of the summer :shrug:- I received my waitlist email today at 2:37 pm...is there anyone out there with me?!

Thanks so much to everyone for posting their results! Regardless of whatever the result is, I'm really grateful for all the support we gave each other :)...it really made a difference.

It looks like I'll still be on this thread for the rest of the summer :shrug:- I received my waitlist email today at 2:37 pm...is there anyone out there with me?!
I got my wait list email today.

So, it looks like it's you and me, leg3nd :). Did you get your waitlist email at 2:37 pm as well?

Yes, exactly at 2:37 pm. And now the wait again begins lol. They said it can take a while.

Yes, exactly at 2:37 pm. And now the wait again begins lol. They said it can take a while.

LOL, I know what you mean - the wait continues! If I had to guess, I think there is a chance that there could be movement in the waitlist after June 10th next week (when Waterloo and UT release their admission offers as well).

LOL, I know what you mean - the wait continues! If I had to guess, I think there is a chance that there could be movement in the waitlist after June 10th next week (when Waterloo and UT release their admission offers as well).
Hopefully. From what I gather, I heard lot of people got in through wait list last year. So I'm hopeful. Let me know if you hear anything though. I will keep you updated as well. :)

Hopefully. From what I gather, I heard lot of people got in through wait list last year. So I'm hopeful. Let me know if you hear anything though. I will keep you updated as well. :)

I feel the same way. I'm hopeful, too. But at the same time, I have a feeling that so many people were accepted off the wait list last year, because it seems like many people declined their offer since the PharmD program wasn't implemented at UBC yet. Anyways, we'll have to see :) - it's still quite early in the summer!

Definitely, I'll post right away if I hear anything at all - we'll keep each other supported, leg3nd! :)

Leg3nd!!! :) I think you should definitely be hopeful - I just got the call from UBC this afternoon! I'm off the waitlist, and I've been accepted into the program!!! :biglove:

I just wanted to say thank you so much for everyone on this thread, who has supported me during this time....I'll never forget the kindness I've received :).

Leg3nd, I'm rooting for you, buddy! :highfive:

Leg3nd!!! :) I think you should definitely be hopeful - I just got the call from UBC this afternoon! I'm off the waitlist, and I've been accepted into the program!!! :biglove:

I just wanted to say thank you so much for everyone on this thread, who has supported me during this time....I'll never forget the kindness I've received :).

Leg3nd, I'm rooting for you, buddy! :highfive:

Thanks bud! That's awesome you got in. Congratulations!

Hi all! I'll be applying to UBC for Fall 2016. I know they dont consider the PCAT, but still anyone admitted willing to share their GPA and interview points?

Hi all! I'll be applying to UBC for Fall 2016. I know they dont consider the PCAT, but still anyone admitted willing to share their GPA and interview points?

Keep in mind that they'll only be considering your GPA in terms of getting an interview invite!

GPA:89% (basically all of first and second year courses)
Interview: I wasn't too happy about 1-2 of the stations, but I had pretty high expectations going into the interview so...

I wasn't sure if that's what you were asking for about the 'interview points', but if you have any specific questions about how the MMI works or if you're asking for tips for the interview, I'll be happy to answer them.

Reactions: 1 user
For current UBC students who don't live at home - Where are the best places to live? How much can I expect to be paying per month?
Not sure I'm willing to fly all the way to Vancouver to find a place to live so any help would really be appreciated!

Does anyone know if UBC looks at EC and work/volunteer exp (as part of application and not MMI)?

Also anyone who's outside UBC and got in/rejected what is your stats? How was the MMI compared to other schools if you applied.

Thanks!

Does anyone know if UBC looks at EC and work/volunteer exp (as part of application and not MMI)?

Also anyone who's outside UBC and got in/rejected what is your stats? How was the MMI compared to other schools if you applied.

Thanks!

The personal profile has a few questions asking about EC, which would include work/volunteer experience. They look at the personal profile after the MMI is done: both the personal profile and the MMI are worth 50/50 for the final decision.

Hey guys, just wondering, has anyone got off the waiting list in the past two weeks?

Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user