UC Berkeley Ext. vs UCLA Ext. vs CSU LA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dottedwhale

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to apply for UC Berkeley Extension and CSU LA's postbac programs. Are they worth the cost or should I just take the classes I need at UCLA Extension? Any thoughts on Berkeley vs LA?

Members don't see this ad.

Not familiar with Berkely. UCLA is convenient if you want to take classes at night time and if you plan on taking 3 classes per term, it's about 400+ cheaper (700 for each class at UCLA *3 = 2100, CSULA is about 2500 per quarter). That's it. CSULA offer various workshops, mock interviews, and guest speakers. Not to also mention, an informal linkage to Western DO. In terms of difficulty, they are about similar. UCLAExtension is graded mainly on quizzes and exams only, while at CSULA, you would have to do lab reports, presentations or papers on top of the quizzes and exams.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks!! You're at CSULA, right? Do you think the workshops + additional benefits helped you?

I had taken classes at UCLA-Ext and now just finished CSULA program. I honestly didn't participate any of workshops except two interview practice sessions. I would say, at least with the two mock interviews, they were helpful.
The workshops are pretty much the following:
Mock interviews ( 1 to 1 and MMI style).
Personal Statement
How to apply to med school.
Various guest speakers (doctors, army doctors, etc).

Oh I see! They do sound pretty helpful. Do you think the professors are good? I've heard some bad things about UCLA Extension but nothing about CSULA.