UC Berkeley interview invite

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optogirlkp

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back from Berkeley yet? They said it would be around the 5th :(

Members don't see this ad.

No email yet! They said the week of Jan 5th so it could be any day this week! :)

Reactions: 1 user
I got my invite earlier today...nervous!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got mine yesterday too..very excited!

Let's talk logistics. Here is some information on what to expect: forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/uc-berkeley-interview.102696/. The thread is from 03 though so it's a little dated! If any previous UBSCO interviewees want to share with more recent experiences that would be pretty cool of them (;

Specifically, does anyone know what the interview to accepted ratio looked like last year? How long do we have to write the opinion piece?

Last edited:
When I interviewed in 2009, it was 300 total applicants, 120 invited to interview day, 60-70 final class size.

Specifically, does anyone know what the interview to accepted ratio looked like last year? How long do we have to write the opinion piece?

Last year there was something like 260 applicants and 112 people interviewed for 64 spots. So, if you got an interview, your odds are better than 1 to 2. The opinion piece is a half hour, I think. It's not graded. Don't worry, they're just making sure you can write coherently and that you likely wrote your own personal statement. Let me reiterate: write about whatever you want, it doesn't matter. Mine was about how I'd invite Jay Gatsby for dinner but it would be a trap.