UC COP Class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any updates on the alternate list movement. Last I heard from UC was on aug 2nd and they only made an offer to the first person on the list.

Members don't see this ad.

I believe it has still only been one student taken from the list. Does anyone know when the mandatory orientation is this year? From what i understand students who do have a spot have to make a decision by that time. I'm also curious as to when the bulk of students on the alternative list are usually taken off. I thought it was a little earlier in the summer but this year seems to be different.

I am number 3 on the wait list and after sending an email asking if this was normal to have only selected one person so close to the school year, I got this response,
"Yes because we make many offers before we create the alternate list so it is always possible to only admit 1 or 2 from the alternate list. At this time we do not expect to admit another student but if we have a cancellation we will admit up until 8/26."

I am number 3 on the wait list and after sending an email asking if this was normal to have only selected one person so close to the school year, I got this response,
"Yes because we make many offers before we create the alternate list so it is always possible to only admit 1 or 2 from the alternate list. At this time we do not expect to admit another student but if we have a cancellation we will admit up until 8/26."

I highly am in doubt if there's any more cancellation by this time.. lol Who would cancel their acceptance less than 2 weeks from beginning of P1. =(