UC Davis c/o 2016 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Please call me Bridget. Bridget Silvers from the Valley. I insist.

Can somebody just call me a UC Davis vet student already?! haha

Members don't see this ad.

You are not Bridget nor Britney!!!!!

Thank GOD I already took my awful biochem test today

Hehe so true! I see 25 peeps right now *waves* hi class of 2015, I can see you!

:eek:

I refuse to get my blood pressure raised until the first in-state notification has been zapped across the interwebs.

Members don't see this ad :)
But it has? Notlessmore is in state.

So you hate biochem. Interesting. <scribbles into file>

Actually I LOVE biochem. Just not this test that I didn't REALLY study for bc I was flying back from Boston the day before my exam.

Not smart.

Actually I LOVE biochem. Just not this test that I didn't REALLY study for bc I was flying back from Boston the day before my exam.

Not smart.

In all seriousness, best of luck!! I am pulling for you. Hopefully good news is on the horizon.

Now I must regain my composure and...

wait!! Just got the e-mail from Kim. Very pleased. Again, good luck all!! :luck::luck::luck::xf::xf::xf::xf:

Ahhhhhh!!!!!! Crap why did I shoot myself in the foot!

I mean, congrats!!!

Does anyone know whether the invites come in waves, a trickle, or one mass send-out?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an interview invite through email! Called the number they gave to schedule an interview, and the lady says I have the wrong number. Anyone else have this problem? :scared:

Got an interview invite through email! Called the number they gave to schedule an interview, and the lady says I have the wrong number. Anyone else have this problem? :scared:

Can someone that gets through let me know if we have to call with a requested date in mind? Or if they simply assign you an interview date. thanks.

I just tried to call, and got a busy signal (which the email mentions might happen).

Can someone that gets through let me know if we have to call with a requested date in mind? Or if they simply assign you an interview date. thanks.
In the past you've been able to choose from available date/times, that's why the phone line gets tied up. Just keep calling....

Got through, but it says "You have reached a non-working number". The first time I got through, the lady told me I had the wrong number....

In the past you've been able to choose from available date/times, that's why the phone line gets tied up. Just keep calling....

I guess it's not like they're going to run out of interview spots, right? Right??
Haha, I would literally take an interview slot at 3:30 a.m. on top of a mountain surrounded by wolves. That's how badly I want to go to Davis.

aww where's mine?! Don't they know that they're supposed to send invites to all of us that patrol the studentdoctor network first?!

Lol!!! Ya it's my turn!!! :)

Congrats to those with interview invites! :thumbup:

As someone already said, the emails are sent out in waves/batches, so don't worry if you haven't heard anything yet (and trust me, it gets worse when acceptances are sent out because they also come in groups - I was one of the very first to get an interview invite, but I heard about my acceptance five agonizingly long days after the first acceptance was posted on SDN. That weekend sucked)!

aww where's mine?! Don't they know that they're supposed to send invites to all of us that patrol the studentdoctor network first?!

I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one waiting still!

Congratulations to everyone that got an invitation!!! :D

Last edited:
Sorry, I had a moment of selfishness for a second there, Congrats everyone whose gotten an email thus far!:highfive:

I have a early alphabet last name. This really does suck.

THATS IT. IM EATING A HO HO

I have a early alphabet last name. This really does suck.

THATS IT. IM EATING A HO HO

I'm not ashamed to admit that I spent about an hour eating chocolate and hitting "refresh" on both my email and this thread before I forced myself to get up and do something else.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I spent about an hour eating chocolate and hitting "refresh" on both my email and this thread before I forced myself to get up and do something else.

Haha thats what I've been doing, alright thats it, catch y'all later!!! Congrats again!!!:thumbup:

Congrats to those with interview invites! :thumbup:

As someone already said, the emails are sent out in waves/batches, so don't worry if you haven't heard anything yet (and trust me, it gets worse when acceptances are sent out because they also come in groups - I was one of the very first to get an interview invite, but I heard about my acceptance five agonizingly long days after the first acceptance was posted on SDN. That weekend sucked)!

congrats everyone! Moosenanny is correct - don't freak out! I think I got mine on the 2nd or 3rd day last year? Either way, can't wait to meet some of you on the 18th! (and hopefully on the days of your interview, too!)

Still nothing in my inbox. If they are sent in waves, are all the waves going to be complete by the end of the day, or will it take more than one day to send out the invites?

Congrats to everyone who got one already :)

Still nothing in my inbox. If they are sent in waves, are all the waves going to be complete by the end of the day, or will it take more than one day to send out the invites?

Congrats to everyone who got one already :)

It's already been answered. Read moose nanny and Nyankos posts

It seems slow because 1 they've had problems with sending bulk emails in the past (my year a bunch of us actually never received the interview invites they originally sent and had to call them to have them resent) and 2 they tend to have like one person manning one phone line to schedule interviews so they have to spread out the calls some.

Just hang tight, I know it is tough and GOOD LUCK!

It's already been answered. Read moose nanny and Nyankos posts

I thought moosenanny was referring to actual acceptances, not interview invites. Ah I just read Nyankos post. So both are expected to come over several days? Does anyone know for sure? I just ate a whole cinnamon roll and my anxiety needs to go away!

Guys - chill out a little, okay :rolleyes:

The interview invites will be sent over many days. As will acceptances. It's not over til it's over, so just hang tight.

The interview invites will be sent over many days. As will acceptances. It's not over til it's over, so just hang tight.

... I still want another HO HO.....

:p

Then I'm going to need MANY more cinnamon rolls.

I didn't realize HO HOs were the anxiety food of choice :laugh:

Its over for today, the office closes at 4pm and I KNOW they aren't going to stay after to send us interview invites. Hang tight till tomorrow, gang!:xf:

So people who have invites, what is the first letter of your last name? Is it random letters or by groups of letters?

I am eating a chocolate cupcake to tamp down the serious stress of waiting.

Last edited:
OOOO!!!! Totally getting B and J

So people who have invites, what letter is your last name? Is it random letters or by groups of letters?

I am eating a chocolate cupcake to tamp down the serious of waiting.

N

No idea if its in waves or not. I got the email at about 2:00pm Pacific time.

It's not based on alphabetical order of names. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to their order. Like I said earlier, I was one of the first to hear I got an interview, and one of the last to hear I had been accepted. And I was offered a pretty generous scholarship, so hearing about my acceptance later than what felt like everyone else obviously didn't mean anything either.

So people who have invites, what is the first letter of your last name? Is it random letters or by groups of letters?

I am eating a chocolate cupcake to tamp down the serious stress of waiting.

Last name with a "D". Gabrielle Dixon at your service.

I couldn't get through to schedule my interview. Busy signal all day. Is this to be expected? Just keep trying tomorrow I suppose. Always waitin' for something... :rolleyes:

Ooh. Can you tell me more about UC Davis scholarships?! :)

Just got my interview invite today! :D Last name starts with B, but I doubt they're going alphabetical or anything like that. I also tried a bazillion times to call to set up an interview, but it was busy every time I called. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

Just got my interview invite today! :D Last name starts with B, but I doubt they're going alphabetical or anything like that. I also tried a bazillion times to call to set up an interview, but it was busy every time I called. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

I bet the line stays busy as all of us dial in over and over and over and..:sleep: