UC Davis c/o 2016 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
called the school today, for fun....she said that they were still sending out invites but didnt know how much was left. :(
Way to be brave, at least we know theres still hope. So frustrating that we're being strung along!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

no kidding. *cries

wonder if it's game over? :p

I really hope not! I just keep telling myself that they can't notify everyone at once because of how difficult it would be for interview scheduling...

Plus, I'm really looking forward to calling in sick this saturday so I can make the orientation. I don't want to call in due to depression!

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing over here! Ahhhh.

I'm going to decline my interview so hopefully one of you will receive my spot. :)

Yay!!! Thanks kittenteef! Enjoy being abroad!

Oh, I seriously hope we hear something today. They usually send out around 3?

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile

@ wldfstdnt: I got mine at 2:25pm. Some got theirs around 2:30? I'm not sure how big the gap is.

Thanks tigerwillow! It'll truly be a dream come true for me. I've got my fingers crossed for you! Good luck!

Way to be brave, at least we know theres still hope. So frustrating that we're being strung along!!!!

Its difficult to say with any degree of certainty how many letters can still be sent out in 3 days AND have last minute attendees rearrange their schedules in such a short notice for attendance to the workshop. Any word on IS rejections? I wonder if those are sent in batches and when those are being sent out.:confused:

onboard1 - from earlier it looks like rejections are already starting but will go till next Friday.
In the interview invite letter, a link was included with additional information about the interview workshop and school etc. On that webpage it says:

"Interview offers will be emailed between Feb. 8 – 17th.
Applicants not offered interviews will be sent an email of non-admission between Feb. 13th-24th
Interview Orientation (open to interviewees only) will be held on Saturday, Feb. 18th, 10 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. in 1020 Gladys Valley Hall
Interviews will be held Feb. 22 – Mar. 15.
Interviewees will be notified via email of final admission decisions beginning Mar. 21 through 31."

Keep your chin up guys. Interview invites will be going out until next Friday! I'm sure as they get decline notices, more invites will be sent out. Stay positive :thumbup:
Good luck everyone :luck::luck::xf::xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
onboard1 - from earlier it looks like rejections are already starting but will go till next Friday.
Good luck everyone :luck::luck::xf::xf:

I may have misspoken in my initial post. I know that OOS students have received their rejection emails, however, it seems like it has been pretty quiet for the IS applicants. I was wondering if any specific IS applicants already received an rejection email. Trying to stay optimistic by the dearth of IS rejection posts and the short time line until the workshop.:xf:

Just spoke with admissions, she (Tina) said she thinks most of the interview invites have gone out and there are "just a few" that haven't yet :(

Just spoke with admissions, she (Tina) said she thinks most of the interview invites have gone out and there are "just a few" that haven't yet :(

Dude. Bummer.

::waves goodbye to California weather::

I wish they'd just send out the rejections already. I hate the fact that I've been tense every day from the hours of 2-4pm since last wednesday!

Well then, I'm assuming rejection. If that changes I'd be stoked but if not, at least I didn't get it on my birthday this year.
Dude. Bummer.
+1

I may have misspoken in my initial post. I know that OOS students have received their rejection emails, however, it seems like it has been pretty quiet for the IS applicants. I was wondering if any specific IS applicants already received an rejection email. Trying to stay optimistic by the dearth of IS rejection posts and the short time line until the workshop.:xf:

I'm OOS and haven't heard ANYTHING. I'm not quite sure what this means...:confused:

EDIT: I was rejected, but that's all good. :). Good luck to everyone still in the running!

Last edited:
Sorry that I can't help with more information guys - no idea where they are in the process. It's good to be realistic, for sure, but it isn't over till its over!!

This thread is making me :(. I thought today would be the day for another batch to go out. Hang in there guys, I'm rooting for you!

Congrats to all with interviews...and take a deep breath for those who don't - it's not over yet! Davis loves last minute, inconvenient invites!

If you're at the workshop, be sure to check out the Equine Medicine Club at UC Davis, who will have a booth set up at the interviewee luncheon (along with many other clubs that you may be more interested than horses). The student clubs are a big part of the Davis experience - they are affordable, feed you, and help you learn new and awesome things! In any case, EMC does a lot of cool things (dental wetlabs, shoeing wetlabs, weekly rounds, etc) and you can see many of those things by following us on fb or looking on our webpage.

You can access many of the other student clubs by looking at this page. Many of them will be in attendance at the luncheon as well and you'll be able to get a good feel of the variety of activities available to you outside of classwork, so check out their webpages as well.

It should be called the Yeti appreciation club. Free corn based kibble at every meeting!

This comment makes me wonder if you are my interview mentor. :idea:

Congrats to all with interviews...and take a deep breath for those who don't - it's not over yet! Davis loves last minute, inconvenient invites!

If you're at the workshop, be sure to check out the Equine Medicine Club at UC Davis, who will have a booth set up at the interviewee luncheon (along with many other clubs that you may be more interested than horses). The student clubs are a big part of the Davis experience - they are affordable, feed you, and help you learn new and awesome things! In any case, EMC does a lot of cool things (dental wetlabs, shoeing wetlabs, weekly rounds, etc) and you can see many of those things by following us on fb or looking on our webpage.

You can access many of the other student clubs by looking at this page. Many of them will be in attendance at the luncheon as well and you'll be able to get a good feel of the variety of activities available to you outside of classwork, so check out their webpages as well.

Can a current UCD student speak on reproductive medicine opportunities at the School?

Just got my rejection letter (IS)...

Good luck to everyone who got interviews! I'm sure you'll do great!

Just got my rejection letter (IS)...

Good luck to everyone who got interviews! I'm sure you'll do great!

I saw that. Sigh. Looks like I'll be getting an unhappy email too soon

Large primarily, but I would like to hear about both if possible! Very sorry for the rejections, guys :(

UC Davis's mom apparently never ripped off bandaids. We're sorry you suffered, Davis, but please don't make us anymore! :(

i declined my interview so i hope one of you that is still waiting gets it!!!! hang in there guys! :xf: :luck:

I hear ya, Emiloo! I realize theres slim to none chance that I will be offered an interview, but just let me know!!! All I asked was that I didn't get my rejection on my birthday, well, they have until Monday, otherwise, I'm rejecting them!!

Peperoncini, so sorry about today. :/

I am just thinking of today as no news is good news and then tomorrow is the sucky day. Though it would be nice if a miracle happened for multiple of us tomorrow.

I hear ya, Emiloo! I realize theres slim to none chance that I will be offered an interview, but just let me know!!! All I asked was that I didn't get my rejection on my birthday, well, they have until Monday, otherwise, I'm rejecting them!!

I am actually planning on declining an interview offer anyway, but still, come on already!! I just want to cross it off at this point! :mad:
Pretty sure I can't fly from south FL to northern CA on a days notice for orientation, but thanks anyway Davis :rolleyes:

Peperoncini, so sorry about today. :/

I am just thinking of today as no news is good news and then tomorrow is the sucky day. Though it would be nice if a miracle happened for multiple of us tomorrow.

Thanks wldlfstdnt. My wife and I were seriously considering going out of state if we got good news from Ohio or VMRCVM regardless of what happened with Davis so keeping my fingers crossed that this just means I have an easier decision to make (waitlisted @ OSU and interviewing @ VMRCVM in 2 weeks!).

I'm keeping the fellow SDNers waiting for an interview @ UCD in my positive thoughts today. Good luck!

Guess what guys?! Since I knew today was the last day they were sending out invites..I gave them a call and Donna, the lady who answered the phone, said they're sending invites all through next week!!!! She said they've extended it, but didn't say why. THERE'S STILL A CHANCE :)))))

Sorry that I can't help with more information guys - no idea where they are in the process. It's good to be realistic, for sure, but it isn't over till its over!!

Guess what guys?! Since I knew today was the last day they were sending out invites..I gave them a call and Donna, the lady who answered the phone, said they're sending invites all through next week!!!! She said they've extended it, but didn't say why. THERE'S STILL A CHANCE :)))))

OMG! Yay! There's still hope out there for us :) thanks for calling:thumbup:

UC Davis WHY U TAKE SO LONG!!!??

In all seriousness though, that's good news for those of us waiting. Good luck everyone!! Wonder what this means for orientation weekend?

Believe it. I called too. Except she said there are only a few to go and they hope to have them out today. Plus there are a few declines which MAY go through next week.