UC Davis student need help.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CowTown

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Heya to all Davis students out there. I just need to know if my schedule is doable or should I drop one class when the quarter starts.
I am taking Physics 7A along with Math 16B (Co-req) and BIOLSCI 2B + extra class. Is it okay to take Physics, Calc, and bio with some extra classes or should I just drop the extra class and focus on the 3. Is it a bad idea to take Physics, Calc, and Bio together?

Also, Should I take Physics 9A or 7A?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Heya to all Davis students out there. I just need to know if my schedule is doable or should I drop one class when the quarter starts.
I am taking Physics 7A along with Math 16B (Co-req) and BIOLSCI 2B + extra class. Is it okay to take Physics, Calc, and bio with some extra classes or should I just drop the extra class and focus on the 3. Is it a bad idea to take Physics, Calc, and Bio together?

Also, Should I take Physics 9A or 7A?

I took the 17 series for Math, but if you have previously taken calculus (as in, high school), it's not so bad. My sophomore year winter quarter I took Physics, OChem, and Bio which was pretty stressful (so I didn't take a fourth course), but I think Ochem is much more difficult than Calc....anyway, audit your additional course for a week or two, and then drop it if you think it will be too difficult.

Even though 7A is useless for the MCAT--I had to teach virtually everything to myself--9A is designed for engineering majors and will be exponentially more demanding. The 7 series is designed for biology majors. You might want to look at the course descriptions for the 9 series too--they have at least six in the series, whereas the 7 series only has three courses. Therefore, you may not be introduced to a lot of the material on the MCAT. I'd suggest the 7 series, learn what you can, and then study hard for the Physical Sciences section of the MCAT.

That schedule sounds very doable. I took Physics 7A, Ochem 118B and Calc 16B at the same time + a human development class and was able to manage. A great resource for math is the LSC workshop, I recommend it if you are having trouble or just want to ensure you get an A. I would take the 7 series unless you are an engineer. Try to get a High Pass in 7, it will bump your grade up a grade just by asking questions and participating. I studied the 7 series along with MCAT books so I would know what I need to take away from physics. I often found the mcat books explained it better anyway than the 7 series "textbook", so you might consider that. Good Luck!