UC Post-Bacc Consortium 2015 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I sent several emails to the UCI postbacc asking them whether they've sent all their interview invites already and have yet to get a response. It's so hard to get in contact with them...
i posted about them earlier in the thread

Members don't see this ad.

Off topic but:

Does any one know the numbers for the consortium..as in total applicants, success rate, medical school accepted, etc. etc.

I figured a total of roughly 60 people will get into the program (UCLA,UCR,UCI, UCD, UCSF) and assuming 1000 people apply (let's be real here, it's probably a lot more), only 6% of the app pool gets in.

Are my chances really that low?

Off topic but:

Does any one know the numbers for the consortium..as in total applicants, success rate, medical school accepted, etc. etc.

I figured a total of roughly 60 people will get into the program (UCLA,UCR,UCI, UCD, UCSF) and assuming 1000 people apply (let's be real here, it's probably a lot more), only 6% of the app pool gets in.

Are my chances really that low?

I spoke to the guy at the central office and he said last year they got around ~500 applications. Given that the program is catered mainly for students who faced disadvantages in life and given that there are a million other postbaccalaureate programs, I doubt that they get more than 1000 applications/year.

I think each program is different in terms of success rate, but from what's written in their website, UCSF has a 93% success rate, UCI 88%, and the rest I would guess around the same. My friend did the UCSD postbacc program and he told me everyone in his cohort got into med school, many in California med schools. The UC postbacc is definitely competitive and for good reason. It's our ticket to med school and possibly a UC med school, which would be a dream for me!!! lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah The uc post bacc program is really competitive, this is my second time around so don't give up. I think its best to be prepared with your letters and transcript. The interview process is different this year as well.

I just received my initial Skype Interview invite today for the UC Davis Post bac program. I also just interviewed for the MA in Biomed at Midwestern AZ and at LMU as well, so I'm not sure which of these programs to choose now if I do get accepted.

Reactions: 1 users
LMU has a post bacc program?? isnt it for career changers?

LMU has a post bacc program?? isnt it for career changers?

LMU has a Masters of Science in Biomed or Anatomical Sciences that has a guaranteed interview for those that do well to DCOM. I spoke with Holly and she is a wonderful soul that makes me really consider going to LMU. Then again, my interviewer at Midwestern also really got me enthusiastic about Midwestern so hence my predicament hahaha.

I just received my initial Skype Interview invite today for the UC Davis Post bac program. I also just interviewed for the MA in Biomed at Midwestern AZ and at LMU as well, so I'm not sure which of these programs to choose now if I do get accepted.
When did you apply/complete to UC Post Bac? And do you mind sharing your stats?

I just got my first interview for UC Davis Interview via Skype, waiting to hear from the other school. Any questions they might ask?

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah The uc post bacc program is really competitive, this is my second time around so don't give up. I think its best to be prepared with your letters and transcript. The interview process is different this year as well.

How are the interview questions like? any Tips?

how was the interview process changed?

When did you apply/complete to UC Post Bac? And do you mind sharing your stats?

I started my application in 2/15, but because my CC never sent out my transcript, I wasn't complete until 3/17.
cGPA: 3.2
sGPA: 3.0
MCAT twice: 25 both times (7ps, 10vr, 8bs) -> (8ps, 8vr, 9bs).

UC Davis grad, non-trad applicant. Research, clinical experience, yatta yatta.

Reactions: 1 user
I started my application in 2/15, but because my CC never sent out my transcript, I wasn't complete until 3/17.
cGPA: 3.2
sGPA: 3.0
MCAT twice: 25 both times (7ps, 10vr, 8bs) -> (8ps, 8vr, 9bs).

UC Davis grad, non-trad applicant. Research, clinical experience, yatta yatta.
Thank you so much for the info. Did they email or call you for the interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does UCD only have skype interviews? So far that's what has been given out. I am wondering if they will select new applicants for face the interviews or the individuals who have had their skype interview for a second interview. I didnt see this mentioned in the previous threads. It is kind of surprising. Hopefully that means they are offering more interviews this year.

Thank you so much for the info. Did they email or call you for the interview?

Both actually. I missed the call because I was in a conference, but received an email shortly after with details on the interview. UCD is the first school I've heard from, but I believe they just started their interviews last week. The interviews are being conducted in 2 portions this year with the initial interview being via Skype which will determine if you receive the follow up in person interview at the SOM in Sac.

Both actually. I missed the call because I was in a conference, but received an email shortly after with details on the interview. UCD is the first school I've heard from, but I believe they just started their interviews last week. The interviews are being conducted in 2 portions this year with the initial interview being via Skype which will determine if you receive the follow up in person interview at the SOM in Sac.[/QUOTE
This basically answers my question. Thanks!

Both actually. I missed the call because I was in a conference, but received an email shortly after with details on the interview. UCD is the first school I've heard from, but I believe they just started their interviews last week. The interviews are being conducted in 2 portions this year with the initial interview being via Skype which will determine if you receive the follow up in person interview at the SOM in Sac.
Your feedback is really appreciated.

Yeah uc davis didnt do a two portion interview last year. only one.

@biancanieves7 i would love to take that uci spot for u AHAHHA. but omg congratssssss, uci is nice so cal weather spoils u.

Is it safe to say if we didn't get either a rejection or interview email by now that we're rejected?

Is it safe to say if we didn't get either a rejection or interview email by now that we're rejected?

No! Someone I know just got a call today from ucsf for an interview! Don't give up yet, but explore other options in case as you always should.

I called the main program office and they're still behind on updating LOR and transcripts on some apps. So I think schools are still reviewing.

Would it be proper etiquette to call up the individual postbac programs and ask if they have a pending interview request for me?

I haven't heard back from any programs, yet. They just updated my LOR as received on April 9, but that's it. Seems like they're still processing my transcripts and one other LOR. I sent all of the materials ages ago!

Do they place preference on CA residents? I'm assuming so but it doesn't hurt to ask

Do they place preference on CA residents? I'm assuming so but it doesn't hurt to ask

Applicants must:

• Be committed to practice in underserved communities of California
  • Come from an educationally and/or economically disadvantaged background
  • Have completed an undergraduate degree in an accredited U.S. college or university
  • Have completed all or the majority of the requirements for medical school
  • Have attained the minimum GPA and MCAT scores required by each program (MCAT not required for first-time applicants)
  • Be a resident of California
-From UC Post Bac Site.

I heard from UCD this morning they started sending out invites for first interviews. The first set of interviews will be on Skype and the second set of interviews will be in person. I was scheduled for April 9th on Skype.

How did your interview go? I have my interview on April 16, questions they ask? Any help would be appreciated.

@futuredoctor223 is this your first interview with UC DAVIS through skype??
for anyone who had the first initial interview with uc davis did anyone get called back for the 2nd interview?

Last edited:
@goriku671 can you let us know if uci contacts you back ... im trying to get ahold of them.

UCI still hasn't responded. All we can do is wait until we get a call/email.

I spoke to the UC Davis coordinator and she said that they have just started screening applicants. We can expect to hear back anytime from now until sometime in May.

My application was complete on April 8th and I am still waiting for an interview.

okay thanks for letting me know @goriku671 . hopefully you get an interview invite soon :)

For those of you that got accepted to UCI, when did you find out? How many days after your interview?

Thank you!

Last edited:
I just had my UCD interview, it was pretty easy, just be your self. I wish it was an in person interview though.

Hi everyone, I applied to the uc post bacc this cycle! I'm so nervous and can't stop thinking about it so I decided to post. I haven't heard from most programs, only SF. I have my interview soon, does anyone know the likelihood of getting admitted after being offered an interview? I'm sooo anxious!!! :(

Date app verified: 3/13/2015
Application sent to: UCD, UCI, UCR, UCSF
Interview offer: UCSF (5/5)
Acceptance: TBD

I'm crossing my fingers I get other interviews.

I just had my UCD interview, it was pretty easy, just be your self. I wish it was an in person interview though.
glad to hear that. im still waiting to hear back from uc davis... the 2nd part interview is killing me .. like tell me already. LOL

I talked to the person at UCI and apparently they are completely done with interviews.... :'(

@futuredoctor223 i had it last thursday on the 9th. they told me they would let me know this week.. but i havent heard anything :(

Wanted to keep you all posted! Interviewed earlier today for the Davis program, thought it was really relaxed! Just got invited for round 2 of interviews at the campus!

Wanted to keep you all posted! Interviewed earlier today for the Davis program, thought it was really relaxed! Just got invited for round 2 of interviews at the campus!
Congrats on you interview and good luck for your on campus interview. If you don't mind, when did you submit your application/verified? and what's your stats?

@FenderBenderEmergency wow congrats you heard on the same day??

Yes, Lorena called me a few hours after my Skype interview.

Congrats on you interview and good luck for your on campus interview. If you don't mind, when did you submit your application/verified? and what's your stats?

Due to some transcript issues, I wasn't complete until 3/17 sadly, which I believe was after the deadline for UCI. My stats aren't very stellar - 3.2cGPA, 3.0sGPA, 25 MCAT on 2 attempts. I really don't think stats are the focus of what they're looking for for the program, after all, it is a postbac to help you with that. What they're really looking for is your story, your motivations, and what you've done despite your circumstances.

Reactions: 2 users
what are everybody plans if not accepted into the UC post bacc consortium?