UC Post bac's cycle 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 2 users
Any news from UCR guys?!?! Will they do silent rejection??? I'm scared now

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Any news from UCR guys?!?! Will they do silent rejection??? I'm scared now
Did Irvine do silent rejection? They're the only other school besides UCR I haven't heard from

whats a silent rejection?
And I had my interview Friday!
The last day for interviews from the choices I was given is Thursday. There were 13 slots for interviews and I was told I'd hear back at the end of this week.

The last day for interviews from the choices I was given is Thursday. There were 13 slots for interviews and I was told I'd hear back at the end of this week.
Your interview was for UCI?

so ucr's done with interviews?

Had an interview with UCR! Was invited last Wednesday. Last time slot I got to choose from was for this Thursday and we find out Friday. But who knows maybe they will send another wave of invites this week? I don't know their process too well.

Also on the waitlist for UCI but have not received any updates lol.

When do the program's start? Does anyone know? Because if it starts Monday then I'm guessing there aren't going to be any more interview invitations

Had an interview with UCR! Was invited last Wednesday. Last time slot I got to choose from was for this Thursday and we find out Friday. But who knows maybe they will send another wave of invites this week? I don't know their process too well.

Also on the waitlist for UCI but have not received any updates lol.

I'm in the same boat as you lol good luck!

UCR program starts July 18th I believe

I'm starting to get really sad guys

Reactions: 1 users
I think I asked before but what are your plan B/C/D/E?
Do you think taking more class at local CC/Uni would help?

I think I asked before but what are your plan B/C/D/E?
Do you think taking more class at local CC/Uni would help?

Take the MCAT and science courses at my school's extension program
I guess it'll save $$?

Nothing from UCR yet in terms of acceptance/rejection...

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Plan B is to stay at my job and try to move up but I dislike my "corporate" job so it would be a bummer

Did Irvine do silent rejection? They're the only other school besides UCR I haven't heard from
UCI finalized their cohort in April and their program starts this Friday. Did they not send out rejections? :(

Received an acceptance e-mail from UCR earlier today!

Reactions: 2 users
I didn't even get rejection letters from UCI or UCR :(

Never got rejected from UCR , any chance or is it just a silent rejection at this point?

Never got rejected from UCR , any chance or is it just a silent rejection at this point?

Hopefully they at least notify!
Try emailing Teresa!

I received my official rejection from UCI on Monday lol

To those of you that have not heard back yet, here is some advice that I'd like to share with you. This is actually my second year applying for the UC post bacs. I was extremely discouraged last year when I wasn't accepted into any of the UCs and other post bac programs that I applied too. One of the biggest factors is the date that my application was completed. The deadline at the time was April 1, and my application was completed April 27th, which was a significant amount of time past the deadline. Be mindful that the consortium takes a while to upload any documents, especially if you are sending in documents last minute and everyone's submitting all at the same time. Last year (2015-2016), UCR did silent rejections and I never heard back from them even after calling and sending emails multiple times. My advice for next year (2017-2018) would be to apply as early as possible. For this cycle, I submitted on March 1st and my app barely got completed on the day of the extended deadline March 23rd but I highly recommend applying even earlier than that, at least a whole month before the deadline. I used the same 3 letters of recommendation from my previous app and I just sent in updated transcripts. I also revised my personal statements.

Some things I did during my year off was take a few classes at my local community college and some upper div classes at a cal state as an open university student (this option is a bit pricey with one unit being about $300). I was able to raise up my GPA very slightly but I think it did help because I got As in these courses. Furthermore, I started an internship at a hospital and have about 300 clinical hours so far and I also joined their leadership team, in which I am now a department coordinator for a telemetry floor. I took the time to really focus on studying for MCAT, as well. These are some of the things I did that boosted my application and helped me gain acceptance into UCR this year. If you have any questions, wanna know my stats, or need more info, please send me a DM. Don’t give up guys! Hope this is was helpful.

Reactions: 3 users
To those of you that have not heard back yet, here is some advice that I'd like to share with you. This is actually my second year applying for the UC post bacs. I was extremely discouraged last year when I wasn't accepted into any of the UCs and other post bac programs that I applied too. One of the biggest factors is the date that my application was completed. The deadline at the time was April 1, and my application was completed April 27th, which was a significant amount of time past the deadline. Be mindful that the consortium takes a while to upload any documents, especially if you are sending in documents last minute and everyone's submitting all at the same time. Last year (2015-2016), UCR did silent rejections and I never heard back from them even after calling and sending emails multiple times. My advice for next year (2017-2018) would be to apply as early as possible. For this cycle, I submitted on March 1st and my app barely got completed on the day of the extended deadline March 23rd but I highly recommend applying even earlier than that, at least a whole month before the deadline. I used the same 3 letters of recommendation from my previous app and I just sent in updated transcripts. I also revised my personal statements.

Some things I did during my year off was take a few classes at my local community college and some upper div classes at a cal state as an open university student (this option is a bit pricey with one unit being about $300). I was able to raise up my GPA very slightly but I think it did help because I got As in these courses. Furthermore, I started an internship at a hospital and have about 300 clinical hours so far and I also joined their leadership team, in which I am now a department coordinator for a telemetry floor. I took the time to really focus on studying for MCAT, as well. These are some of the things I did that boosted my application and helped me gain acceptance into UCR this year. If you have any questions, wanna know my stats, or need more info, please send me a DM. Don’t give up guys! Hope this is was helpful.
You said you used the same three letters of rec. Did they already have them or did you have copies from before?

You said you used the same three letters of rec. Did they already have them or did you have copies from before?
They keep a record of your previous applications. So after I submitted my app for this year, I called the consortium and requested that my LORs be uploaded from my previous application. You just give them your applicant ID number and they do it right on the spot. This gets your app completed way faster!

By chance, does anyone have the essay questions for the UC Consortium app?? I have some downtime right now to start writing and would like to start! Thank you in advance!

Submitted my application last week and sent out supplemental documents!! Really excited about this program, and hopefully I get accepted!

Hey everyone! I spoke with one of the adcom from UCD and she told me it would be better if we used Interfolio to send our letters since it takes FOREVER to send by mail; she described this long process to me how it goes from LOR mail to school mail to the person in charge of the letters, and it can take over 10-15 days to show that it has been recieved. Just FYI for those that haven't asked yet. I am also in the process, from Davis, and wish everyone the best of luck!
I sent all my LORs via regular mail...wish it doesn't take that long to arrive and processed :(